1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Write It!

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by AlexanderDragon, Dec 29, 2015.

1. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I know there are a lot of writers here, and a lot of us that are always seeking to improve their writing. The way this game thing works is, the poster writes a paragraph or two on the prompt given by the above user, along with and comments or suggestions for the above poster's writing. They then leave a prompt for the next user to work off of.

I'll start by leaving a prompt since I don't have one to work off of :slight_smile:

A late night trip to the supermarket.

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He stumbled sleepily into the deserted grocery store, cart in tow. The only sound in the quiet building was the clacking of the one twisted cart wheel against ceramic floor tiles, limping along like the man pushing the cart. Squinting against the bright store lights, he searched for the breakfast aisle, and sighed. All the way across the store, bundled beneath the meat section and the dairy department. He shuffled forward, past silent fruits and vegetables, beyond the dead-eyed stares of freshly caught fish, to his final destination. The breakfast aisle, finally within his sight. Suddenly more awake and alive, he sauntered to the orange juice section for... nothing. He couldn't believe his sleep deprived eyes! Nothing! The shelf was completely bare. He'd woken up in the middle of the night with a sudden craving for orange juice for nothing. He let out a defeated sigh and began the trek home.

Prompt: A walk through the woods on a summer day.

#2 DreamerBoy17, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  3. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They stepped carefully, pushing branches from their path. They took a deep breath. The air held a certain scent, one of earth and of rain, of sky and of life. They put a hand to an oak tree. To think, this wood was alive under the bark. They cast a glance up to the clouds. A warm white greeted them and they smiled.
    (Sorry if it's too short, I did my best. I love forests X3

Walking through the streets, late at night

4. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (You're supposed to comment and review mine. :wink:)

#4 DreamerBoy17, Dec 29, 2015
  5. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (Ohhhh, I skimmed over the instructions... one minute)

---------- Post added 30th Dec 2015 at 02:08 AM ----------

Um... too much description? IDK, it was just adjectives all over the place.

6. YinYang

Comments: Um, there wasn't much for what the character was thinking or feeling, it was just description and actions, I guess.

He looked around nervously and pressed onward. Home was just a few blocks away. An owl hooted in the night and he jumped. "Calm down, it was just an owl." He said aloud, trying to calm himself down. He was surprised his heart hadn't burst out of his chest, it was beating so hard. Leaves rustled by him and he burst into a sprint, fear overtaking him. He sprinted home, slamming the door behind him. He leaned against the closed door, breathing heavily. "I'm never staying late again..." He said.

Prompt: Flying on an airplane for the first time

7. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I find your sentences to be pretty short, don't you think ?

"I'm pretty sure humans weren't supposed to fly..." The anguish is here, the anxiety rises, I step in then I step back. "Are we gonna crash ? Am I gonna die ? Wait, I don't want to die..." I was about to turn around and run away from this place for ever when I got pushed inside by the people waiting behind me. I went, unwillingly, with the flow, waited for a while and then we took off. It was incredible, I was sitting, yet I was flying. I was on Earth, yet I didn't touch earth. "The sky would have been the last place I'd expect to feel bliss in." I was about to look from the window when those masks just dropped... "I'm fucked".

Prompt: Finding a dead body in the street, at night.

#7 Aeolia, Dec 29, 2015
  8. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (Ninja'd. Here we go xD)
    A few grammatical errors here and there, but I liked it.
    ~~~~~
    "Oh...fuck..."

Teresa stared at the corpse that lied in front of her. Mangled. Horribly mangled. She had simply gone out for a break from work and there it was. A human boy. Flattened, organs spewed across the road. She covered her mouth with her hands, trying to prevent herself from vomiting. She quickly ran inside and grabbed the company telephone. She hurriedly dialed 911.

"I-I think someone got hit by a car on the street. I-I don't know if he's still alive...p-probably not...U-Um yes... the corner store. 192 East Trenton Avenue. T-thank you." Teresa dropped the phone then sunk into the floor, hands wrapped in her hair.

"Oh God..."
    ~~~~~
    Alright, prompt. Tie these three character ideas together in the same scenario: a promiscuous nun, a single father, and a multi-personality agender.

#8 AgenderMoose, Dec 29, 2015
  9. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (not here to write rn but oml that prompt XD)

10. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (Not writing but I might use that prompt for a story. That okay, Moosey-Moo?

11. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (It'll get people thinking xD
    Go for it, babe!)

#11 AgenderMoose, Dec 29, 2015
  12. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (Thanks, Moo. Love youuuuu :3

13. AlgebraicUchiha

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Prompt: A walk in the desert.

14. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Comments: I like all the emotion and genuine horror that Teresa expressed through your diction choices!

Walk in the desert.

The scalding hot earth didn't seem to burn any longer. Skye sat in the scarce shadow of a now wizened shrub and dusted off the soles of his inflamed and tender feet.
    "Really wish that they could have kidnapped me at a more convenient time. Y'know, perhaps when I had shoes on."
    Sighing heavily, Skye stood back up and plodded along painfully, following the tire tracks that his abductors hadn't bothered to cover up. "Heh, some criminals they are. Can't even hide their route back. Jeez." Of all days to be kidnapped and thrown out in the desert, today was certainly the least preferable. It was Skye's birthday.

Sorry it's not too long, I had an idea but didn't know how to go with it.

Prompt: Trying adventurous new food with a friend.

15. 00Shockwave00

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    (Based on a true story)

Addison waited excitedly for her best friend and babysitter to arrive.
    Addison's parents didn't quite trust her alone with the baby, but for some reason were quite trusting of her friend a few years older. In a way this upset Addison, but she was still a excited her parents were going to be gone for the night leaving her alone with her bff after the baby went to bed. There was a loud knock on the door. It was Jenna the babysitter who had a strange black box in her hand. Addison's mother was in such a hurry to get out the door she never asked what was in the box. She simply unloaded the baby, and all of his stuff onto Jenna as she ran out the door. What's in the box asked Addison. "You'll see" said Jenna with I opossum's grimace. Hours passed, and finally the baby was in bed with still no mention of what was in the box Jenna slipped into the kitchen. Minutes later she returned to the living room with the mysterious box and 2 pairs of chop sticks. She sat the box on the table, and opened it to reveal a dozen slimy sets of octopus tentacles swimming in teriyaki sauce. Then began to eat. Slurping 8 tiny chewy tentacles at a time into her glimmery peach colored lips prompting Addison to do the same. Finally Addison gave in, and found that though it was like chewing leather she quite loved these little creatures, and couldn't get enough. Where did you get these? Can we get more? Addison asked excitedly. Why of course replied Jenna just remember...you are what you eat... 3 boxes of octopus and 2 movies later the girls stumbled off to bed...later that night Jenna awoke to the sound of the chinese delivery man at the door again, and crept down the stairs to find her friend now possessing d 8 limbs instead of 4, and was beginning to turn purple in the kitchen with 4 more boxes octopus.

Today Addison can be found at the local aquarium, and as for Jenna she will never babysit again.

Prompt: werewolfs vs zombies basketball or soccer game

#15 00Shockwave00, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  16. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Comments: Very humorous, but lacks quotation marks and other grammatical errors such as commas in several places.

Werewolves vs Zombies. We're the Zombies. Zoooooommmbbbiiiiieeeeessss. Eaaagggggggghhhh. Braaaaiiiiinnnnzzzzz. Better run. But Were are the wolves? They're on the other team, that's where. And now they're attacking, fangs bared, slobbering blood and saliva everywhere as they grin their feral, wolfie grins. Running across the field, clashing with these brain sucking slime-ball morons, knocking out rotting teeth and keeping the brainz away. There are worms flying out of people's noses, and dragonflies dropping out of the air from the stench of the beasts sweating. And I'm over by the big trap at the end of the field, waiting for the wolves, trying not to be noticed. Then a flying brain hits me in the face.

Prompt: You wake up in a strange place having no idea how you got there.

#16 Linus, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  17. TicTacsAndCoke

Comments: Few minor grammatical errors, but I liked it.

I wake up feeling disoriented, for some reason... I look around and see tall trees. Am I in a forest? Hell if I know. I get up and dust myself off, trying to remember how I got there. When I get up, I feel dizzy, so I lean against an oak tree. How did I get here? I think. And, more importantly, why do I feel sick?

Prompt: You find someone previously assumed to be dead lying on the sidewalk, not dead.

((sorry mine is so short, thought it had a good ending))

18. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Comments: I like the notion of waking up in the forest!

"Excuse me? Are you alright? Sir?" The man lay, unmoving, on the sidewalk. Heels clicking sharply in the echo of the empty night air, I ran over to the form on the concrete. Cautiously, I held a hand before his slightly opened mouth to see if he was breathing. "Sir, do you need me to call an ambulance?" I pulled out my phone, dialing as I moved. As I placed a bundled coat beneath his head, his eyes fluttered open just slightly. Those unmistakable blue eyes. "Oh- Oh my god. Holy shit. Jason!" I burst into tears, embracing him tightly. My boy.
    "I'm so sorry, Mom." he croaked out. My only son.

prompt: you're a supernatural/fantasy being who's just been fired from your job.

19. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Comments: I like the notion of waking up in the forest!

"Excuse me? Are you alright? Sir?" The man lay, unmoving, on the sidewalk. Heels clicking sharply in the echo of the empty night air, I ran over to the form on the concrete. Cautiously, I held a hand before his slightly opened mouth to see if he was breathing. "Sir, do you need me to call an ambulance?" I pulled out my phone, dialing as I moved. As I placed a bundled coat beneath his head, his eyes fluttered open just slightly. Those unmistakable blue eyes. "Oh- Oh my god. Holy shit. Jason!" I burst into tears, embracing him tightly. My boy.
    "I'm so sorry, Mom." he croaked out. My only son.

prompt: you're a supernatural/fantasy being who's just been fired from your job.

20. AlexanderDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    pew pew friendly writers bump