1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not going for the normal entertainment?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by mountainman, Mar 7, 2016.

1. mountainman

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm barely into my 30's here, and I somehow get more pleasure from staying at home alone working jigsaw puzzles or putting together lego sets than I ever did going out. Am I the only one that fits this criteria? I keep thinking this may be why I haven't met anyone, but idk.

2. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having scanned a couple of your posts I think this is a common theme in your thinking process; "am I the same as everyone else?"
    Many people struggle with this question but for different reasons.
    I don't think you haven't met anyone because you like to do things that you consider abnormal or different. I think it's maybe because you try to hide these things from other people and they either never get to know the real you or can sense that you're trying to be something other than yourself.
    Should you do puzzles? yes, millions of people spend hours a day on puzzles on mobile phones and tablets. Should you put together Lego? Yes, it's a creative, relaxing, rewarding and positive activity. ( I'm sitting opposite my Lego Star Wars AT-AT walker, so I'm biased on this point). There has recently been a lot of fuss about adult colouring books and now it's quite popular. A couple of years ago many people would have been embarrassed to admit having a colouring-in hobby.
    If you don't let others know the things you really enjoy in life how do you expect to meet likeminded potential partners and friends. I used to feel like this a long time ago but then I came to the conclusion that if I'm not doing anything wrong, why should I hide it. If other people don't like it, that's their choice.
    One of the things that is most attractive in a person is what makes them unique. Nobody wants to date a boring factory mannequin - well some people do but that's what makes them quirky..
    Hope that helps

3. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, I think at one point in time, my godmother was pretty similar to you. She preferred cross-stitching and putting together jigsaw puzzles instead of going out, if I'm not wrong- I was too young to remember clearly.

But of course, you're not alone. There are a ton of other people who prefer their own company instead of going out- it just differs from person to person, regardless of age, gender, etc. And maybe, if you're interested in meeting others with similar likes, you could try going to a group? I'm pretty sure there are a couple of meet up groups that will share your same interests. You're not alone in this! :grin:

4. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm fine either way, but I have a high preference for staying home most of the time. I could live in my room for a week. Literally. I suppose that's also saying something for the amount of knickknacks and stuff I have in there, but it's all very distracting, and I like to get lost in it and challenge my creative mind.

#4 Linus, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I'm not at school or work, I'm at home. As long as it there is wifi, I could permanently live in my basement, and I'm sure there are other people that feel the same way.