1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Shadows RP

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Au.Quicksilver, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Au.Quicksilver

I got the idea for this from a friend.

One morning, every living creature's shadow disappeared, causing a panic among the world, especially when some people started disappearing as well. But one girl gained something she thought she'd lost. Her life.

Name: Ciara "Ari" and Alena Dayman
    Gender, or lack thereof: Females
    Description (optional):
    Both of the twins have boyish figures, stand at 5 foot 6 inches, have dark purple eyes, black hair and pale skin. Ari is fairly muscular, with a very lean figure, whereas Alena is just under the average weight and quite thin. Alena also has hair down to her mid-back instead of shoulders. The most notable thing about Alena is the tendril or vine like rose stem markings covering her from neck to toe, all black.
    Backstory (Optional): Ari and Alena were kidnapped by a shady group at a young age, Ciara being raised as a child soldier and Alena, a servant. Both endured brutality, Alena even dying as a result. Alena's soul was locked within her sister's shadow. Ciara continued, but one day snapped, killing her captors in a blind rage that only Alena stopped from continuing. The two were raised by an odd man with surprising knowledge of the forces binding them. Eventually they went out on their own, establishing a life for themselves.

Ciara Dayman slowly woke up at 5AM, her usual time. She yawned as she arose from her laying position, not even noticing the sleeping figure beside her. She went into the bathroom, taking her daily medication and going back into the room drinking a glass of water. She dropped it, seeing the figure in her bed. She didn't even care the other girl was naked, she ran over and shook her to wakefulness. "Alena! You're back!" She exclaimed, grinning with tears of joy, her voice loud enough to be heard muffled from the apartment above hers.

2. YinYang

(What kind of setting is this? Like, where are Ciara and Alena? I want to make a character, but I don't really know what kind of background to give them. Or how to introduce them.)

3. Au.Quicksilver

[A small city apartment. 2nd floor out of a bunch.]

4. YinYang

(Oh. Ok.)

Name: Sky (birth name is Morgan)
    Appearance: Long black hair, slender build, and piercing blue eyes. They are not very muscular, but they can hold their own in a fight as long as they have a knife with them. Their hair is reaches past their butt and gets knotted very easily. They have plenty of small scars along their body, but the most noticeable one is a burn mark across their small breasts that reads "female".
    Backstory: Sky was kidnapped at a very young age by a small group of criminals. They were forced into a slavery-like situation for almost 15 years. When the shadows disappeared, they gained an odd ability that allowed them to escape. Now they are on the run, trying to find somewhere to hide.

Sky ran through the streets, their heart pounding. They turned a corner and entered what looked like a run-down apartment building. It was still pretty early, so they weren't worried about drawing attention to themself. They ran up the stairs, trying to find a place to hide.

#4 YinYang, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  5. Au.Quicksilver

After getting Alena dressed, the smaller girl fitting in her sister's clothes, they set out, not even noticing their lack of shadows in the dark room. They both wore bright smiles, their hands entwined. Ciara frowned and Alena tilted her head curiously when they saw someone running up the stairs below. They noticed that the person had no shadow. "Hey! You alright?" Alena asked softly, her voice like wind chimes, beautiful and pure.

6. YinYang

Sky saw the two girls and jumped. "No. I need to hide. They're coming." They quickly ran up to the second floor, breathing heavily. "Please. I need help." Their eyes were wide with fear and they were trembling. Their voice shook, sounding much lower than a "girl's" voice should.

#6 YinYang, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  7. Au.Quicksilver

Alena pulled them in and Ciara followed, closing the door. There wasn't a single light on inside. "Name, Gender, pursuers. Tell us." Ari ordered, pulling a knife from her pants and pointing it to Sky's neck. Alena stood back, but her eyes said 'sorry' to Sky.

8. YinYang

Sky froze. "M-my name's Sky, I d-don't have a gender. A g-group of criminals is after m-me. Please d-don't hurt me..." They started shaking with fear.

9. Au.Quicksilver

"Last name?" She asked, putting the knife away. It had a blade like oblivion clung to it, the only points not infinitely dark being the names "Alena" and "Ciara" engraved into it, where it was grey on the inside. Ciara had a feeling about her only a soldier could match, like she'd seen the worst there is. Alena, however, felt like a calm night, free from the heat and busyness of day. It was a stark contrast.

10. YinYang

"I d-don't know..." They shook their head, still trembling.

11. Au.Quicksilver

Ciara looked into their eyes for a few seconds before sighing and leaning back against the door. "Who exactly is hunting you? What group, any members you know the names of?" She questioned. Alena moved close by her, holding her hand.

12. YinYang

"I don't know the name of the group." Sky took a deep breath, trying to calm their frantically beating heart. "They never said their real names around me, they just used numbers. Numbers 465 and 163 are after me right now."

13. Au.Quicksilver

"Numbers... Big group... Smart ones." She said, turning the light on finally. "I think I know the group. I forget it's name though. Alena?" She asked, looking to her sister. "Scorpio?" She answered, not sure. [See what I did there?]

14. YinYang

(Parallels!)

Sky shook their head. "I don't know..." There was a loud bang on the door downstairs and Sky jumped, scared.

15. Au.Quicksilver

She rolled her eyes, pulling out a pack of cigarettes and lightning one up. She opened the door after beginning to smoke the cigarette. "Stay here." She told Sky and Alena, worried about her sister. She closed the door and began to walk down the stairs, still in her pyjamas, long pants and a tank-top. "Yeah, yeah, give me a second." She told whoever was knocking, sounding bored. She opened the door when she got to it. "Yes?" She asked, holding the cigarette in her free hand.

Alena cast Sky an apologetic smile. "Alena." She introduced herself.

16. YinYang

Sky managed a weak smile. "Sky," they whispered.

17. Au.Quicksilver

She took their wrist and led them over to the couch. "Can't speak well. Not used to having a body." She briefly explained. She walked clumsily, sometimes holding something to keep herself from falling.

As one of the people at the door tried to force their way into the building, they jumped away, bleeding from their inner upper arm, a deep cut through the skin by Ari's knife. She shoved the cigarette into the person's face before slamming the door. She moved, fully expecting the supressed gunshots that came through the door.

---------- Post added 7th Apr 2016 at 01:55 AM ----------

[Goodnight!]

18. YinYang

"What do you mean?" Sky jumped at the gunshots a little.

('Night!)

19. Au.Quicksilver

"I've... Been dead for 10 ye-ars." She tried to explain. She clearly had a bit of trouble speaking.

Ciara waited for the door to open before stabbing the person who opened it, shaking her head. "Idiots." She muttered, grabbing their gun hand. The knife was in their chest, having slipped through the ribs. They would die without a doubt.
    At best wounds made by her knife healed with a quarter of the natural speed. Usually the only remedy was to cut out the already cut flesh, as well as what had healed, if there was any. The guy with the cut on the arm would be in danger. The other was screwed, with no natural healing likely. The wounds even closed up and scabbed over slower.

20. YinYang

"You've what?"