1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EmeraldEyes/RP

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by A Seraphim Moon, May 28, 2016.

1. A Seraphim Moon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not entirely sure if this is where I should be putting this. But, there is a memeber on here hence the topic, with the name of EmeraldEyes. Shout out to Emerald, sorry... Hehe It's also for you too, lol. I was going to say something to you in your thread till I noticed the RP's. Then, I don't know. Oops?:icon_bigg

Anyways...

I first noticed her name as I was replying to a post of hers. As soon as I saw it took me back, way back. I had joined a 'Sailor Moon' fan page. Well, not really just fan it was a pretty big site at the time. Don't really know what happened to it. But, back to my thought process... While I was part of that website in the Chat Room there was an RP room that you could join. If I am not mistaken you could have a separate name or a nickname specifically for that room. My name in that room was, Emerald Eyes... haha

So, needless to say I found it entertaining in my mind when trying to post to her, because I couldn't stop thinking about it. I had been Emerald Eyes as male, female... You name all kinds of different characters my Emerald Eyes was, lol.

Now to the RP... I just have a question, since there are a few different ones it seems like have popped up. I've scanned through them reading, I've found it very fun to say the least. It was a good read, but with that said. How do you all decide the make up of it? That's the part that confuses me. Can anyone join in, is it something you all discuss in depth at first before you start? Those are just a few the questions, based off tv, books, movies, anime, etc?

Like with that chat room, I am sure your well aware that you'd have some random person that didn't want to stick to the script or be goofy or even mean with it. So, how do you all keep everything in check with it being a thread topic is another question I was curious. In the chat room, we didn't always have an exact script or it wasn't always based off anything particular. It's kinda like that 'Shiritori' game, well almost. There would be one person at the beginning that would set a stage or an intro. And anyone that joined regardless where just added to the story.

We'd have electronic devices in medieval days or medieval things show up in futuristic settings. It was interesting to see how an individual would read a few lines in and then jump into it with a character thought. You know what I mean? So, as far as story... Never really had an exact story or science to an exact story line. But, it still worked none the less. It usually still maintained interest, fun, and was fluid. Except when people just wanted to mess it up by being silly and not taking it seriously, that and the mean people.

I'm just curious is all, lol. ^_^

#1 A Seraphim Moon, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  2. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Did I steal your name?? Sorry!

I was wondering about the RP rules in here, too! I mean, I don't actually RP anymore, but when I did it was really fun. I used to RP on Chatzy, and it was for an anime, so you would join and request a character (who you could have if they weren't taken) and then you'd just... RP.

As for storylines, we didn't really plan it out, we just went with it. Sure, there were certain events that we did or planned to do, but in general we just played it by ear. This was all about two years ago and I'm still friends with a lot of the people I met there.

And it was a fantasy RP, so I got to be a magician. An evil magician. I had a lot of fun with that.

3. A Seraphim Moon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha~No, you didn't steal my name. :slight_smile: It was more like... I kept thinking to myself, while seeing your name, her name seems so familiar. It was infuriating, lol. Like I couldn't type a couple of times cause I was so fixated on why it was familiar. Even looked it up and couldn't find anything that seemed strike a nerve.

Then after I finished replying to you. I saw the the RP's and decided to check them out. I'm used to RPG, And even with that, I'm sure with how I type you've noticed I don't use alot of abbreviations or acronyms. So, I really didn't know what they were when I started reading them. At first I was really confused and then I was like "Oh, I get it... Just like I used to do." That was when it hit me, like a ton of bricks, where I had seen that same. I had used it once. haha

So, yea.. No stealing. Just coincidence! :icon_wink 'Sailor Moon' was still airing on tv, or rather I should say the first series. There is a new one now, but this around 15 years ago or so when it came on USA in the mornings. Then Cartoon Network over for a 4:00 pm time slot. That's when I used the site I was talking about.

Yea, that's kinda how we did it. Just jump in. So, I guess that's really what I was curious about. If anyone could just jump in. I bet being a magician would be fun. I don't think I remember being a magician. Some reason I was always a mystery character. A thief or something like that. Sometimes bad, or I guess mostly bad, but sometimes good too.

I didn't even know some times whether or not if I would female or male till another character would reveal it for me. I remember once, after some of the friends I had made realized that I was male, that one of of them sent pm asking if I was ok with it and if I was they needed to give me a tip. They were like "Try to be more girly, if it helps... Go gay!" I found it kinda ironic that I was gay, but not pulling off being girly very well. haha

4. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ohhh, I see. Glad I didn't steal anything!

Yeah, I'm not sure how the RPs work on here... Maybe you could message somebody who does them? I haven't done it for about a year but I do remember that it was really fun. In the chatroom where we did it, there was an unwritten rule about asking before you jumped in, but that was mostly because we were usually all in the middle of something so if somebody else was to arrive, we had to figure out a way to add them in.

Being an evil magician was great! I suppose "wizard" was a better word for it but eh. Mostly my character just caused trouble for people and then had a redemption arc. And then he killed someone else. If you want to get involved then I'd ask, just to be safe. I remember in our chatroom, you could go totally wild as long as it was okay with everyone in there first.

Hahaha, that's sweet of them. How did you not know your character's gender, though?? I guess my friends and I were already playing existing fictional characters, so did you all just make yours up?

5. A Seraphim Moon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Generally when I joined in they had already been playing. Sometimes it was existing story lines that people knew other times completely made up. It was kinda like having me as the trump card or the character that didn't really fit. So we'd just go with it... Figure it out as we went along. For instance most people would have included in their name what their role was or a title. Like 'Godric_the_Knight'... I can't really remember if there really was a 'Godric' but I've always loved that name. But, yea... Similar to that.

So, when we would get someone with a name like 'EmeraldEyes' we'd use them to change up the story. I mean, I guess I should say I wasn't the only one. But, with my friends, when it would be just us playing I was. haha One way where the gender would be fluid is they would always have me in a hood and cloak for some reason and the only part of me that could be seen were the eyes. So, instead of saying what my name was, it would be more like "the one with emerald eyes." Or something along those lines.

There were times I'd be thinking I was definitely going to be a male character, and then they would give a description after the hood was removed. Like "Behind her glistening raven hair were still those same haunting, yet beautiful eyes." That was the sentence used the first time it happened, before that sentence all that someone else had said was that removing the hood revealed raven hair. So, it wasn't till the pronoun 'her' that I even knew. Or rather I guess anyone knew.

I like the asking first. After awhile you get into a groove and adding another person, especially if their style is different just throws everything off. Puts a kink into it so to speak. Now see... That definitely sounds fun. I think everyone wants to be a homicidal wizard at least once when they're growing up! :icon_wink haha

#5 A Seraphim Moon, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  6. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That sounds fun, haha. We usually chose pre-existing characters, and if we made our own then we decided every detail about them, including their appearance etc (characters also had to meet certain requirements to avoid OP characters, and all of that). I started making my own characters after a while, it was really fun seeing as I love writing and character creation. :slight_smile:

Are you thinking of joining in the RPs here? Because it looks like you can just drop in... But still, it's safe to ask. :slight_smile:

7. A Seraphim Moon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yea, I had thought about it one night. When I was reading through them it just seemed like they were having so much fun. But, I don't know... It's been so long since I have done anything like it, or LARPing for instance, I'd probably feel too embarrassed to go through with it. But, hey I accomplished coming out how hard could it be, right? ~_^

#7 A Seraphim Moon, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  8. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Exactly! If you want to do it then there's no reason why you shouldn't. I haven't RPed in ages either but it will probably come back to you as you write, you know? Anyway, good luck! :slight_smile: