1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horror RP

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Au.Quicksilver, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Au.Quicksilver

Welcome, welcome, I am he who rules over this domain, the domain Purgatorio. If you wish to play my game and win your escape from damnation, step into my arena and attempt to get to the portal to Paradiso or even the world of the living. My hunters shall come for you and you shall find yourself running or entrapped by my world to play again, or maybe even suffer a fate worse than death. But be careful, this game is a complicated one.

My plane is a mirrored version of your world, a dimension of twilight and desolation. You will not need food, but will hunger. You will not need water, but you will thirst. You will not need rest, but it will nag at you. My hunters, each in waves of at least two, will hunt you without mercy, toying with you and torturing your every moment.

Your hunters shall be three this round, but of minimal threat. The demon, the poltergeist and apparition. The demon will tempt and try to possess, the poltergeist, physically harm and the apparition, toy with your every wish and desire.

Now, my toys, time to submit yourselves to the game, and save yourself from the damnation of the death you suffered.

[Note: Being purgatory, the characters in this have died. I will also include my own characters, who will be vulnerable to possession by the demon.]

---------- Post added 5th Jun 2016 at 03:11 AM ----------

The way that this RP will be carried out will different. Everyone will start out together, and get a few turns to collect themselves before the hunters will appear. There will be multiple portals at the edges of the city, the way to escape. There are a few ways to loose. One is giving up, another is sleeping and the final is to be fully taken by one of the hunters. I will make this a fair game, and use a random number generator with many things so that everyone has a chance to escape, but the hunted have little ability in this round against all but the demon, which items of any faith will work to repel, as long as the user has faith it will repel it.

There are a few required things for this RP in the character sheet.
    1. Name (Of course):
    2. Age (Of course):
    3. Personality:
    4. How they died:
    5. Summary of life (To give any important skills and show anything that the apparition and demon may play on):
    6. Fears:
    7. Desires:
    8. Addictions (If applicable):
    9. Past traumatic experiences, anything that haunts them (No pun intended. More demon/apparition fuel.):
    The usual RP things (i.e. Appearance) would also be appreciated.

#1 Au.Quicksilver, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  2. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [​IMG]
    This looks incredibly fun!!! Perfect thing for someone like me who enjoys putting characters through trauma/letting characters survive trauma whatever! >:3c

Name: Taylor Pierson

Gender/lackthereof: Male

Appearance: Black hair, blue-grey eyes, and a pale complexion. Height is 5'6'' (168 cm). My faceclaim for Taylor is Makoto Niwa (depicted below)
    [​IMG]

Personality: Distant and paranoid. In most mannerisms, Taylor is rather normal, but seems constantly alarmed, or slightly off. This is caused by his inability to feel a full connection to most of his surroundings. He constantly worries on the inside what the intentions of others are, what they are thinking of him, and whether or not they are fake. There are certain thoughts of his and certain actions that will cause him to break into hysterics, but what those things are vary slightly and depend on the circumstances.

How they died: Suicide (shot himself)

Summary of life: Taylor had a hard time fully connecting to the outside world, whether it be family or friends. Everything felt distant to him. He longed for something that felt real. Which is what turned him to self harm--it was the only thing that connected him to the world from his perspective. When friends and family tried to get help, he lashed out, falling into hysteria. Suicide was his method of escape from the crumbling, fake world he lived in. He had only made it to the middle of his second year of high school. He did not do well in most classes, though not because he didn't understand the material (however, there are some classes that he did struggle to understand, like math and chemistry). It was mostly that he saw no point in attempting something fake. He did not go outside much in his life, and had little ambition to do anything, since the world was essentially a dollhouse to him.

Fears: Betrayal, "dollhouse" like worlds (things that he feels are fake and lifeless), slight claustrophobia, being completely alone, being forced to be even more distant from the world than he already is.

Desires: Wants to feel connected to something, wants to be at ease, wants to feel "human".

Addictions: Self-harm, I suppose.

Past traumatic experiences, anything that haunts them: There was once that his younger sister caught him self harming and she took the item he was using away and, in a hysteric daze, he lashed out and scratched her across the face exceptionally deep. She was scarred physically and mentally for the rest of her life, as far as Taylor knows. On one hand, his sister's cries horrified him. On the other hand, it was the only other real physical sensation he felt aside from self-harm...but he didn't like it. It scared him.

A little warning, there's some dark themes in my character's stuff that might be hard to read... (suicide, self harm stuff)

Y'know there's probably gonna be some dark stuff in this rp so... *awkward shrug* Just figured I'd give a heads up in case?

3. Au.Quicksilver

Looks good. We do need a few more people for this round.

4. YinYang

(I would join, but idk if I'll be able to handle the dark stuff Moose mentioned :/)

5. Au.Quicksilver

Yeah, this will involve a fair bit of psychological play. The apparition appears as things to taunt the person and the demon whispers things to them, both drawing upon traumatic events.

6. YinYang

It's mostly just the suicide part I'm worried about. Could they possibly put those parts in spoilers? Everything else, I think I'll be able to handle.

7. Au.Quicksilver

Alright. I'll do that.

8. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For YinYang, and others that may be sensitive to certain content, here's my character form once again, but with the more suggestive content put into spoilers. (I couldn't edit the initial post)

Name: Taylor Pierson

Gender/lack thereof: Male

Appearance: Black hair, blue-grey eyes, and a pale complexion. Height is 5'6'' (168 cm). My faceclaim for Taylor is Makoto Niwa (depicted below)
    [​IMG]

Personality: Distant and paranoid. In most mannerisms, Taylor is rather normal, but seems constantly alarmed, or slightly off. This is caused by his inability to feel a full connection to most of his surroundings. He constantly worries on the inside what the intentions of others are, what they are thinking of him, and whether or not they are fake. There are certain thoughts of his and certain actions that will cause him to break into hysterics, but what those things are vary slightly and depend on the circumstances.

How they died: Suicide (shot himself)

Summary of life: Taylor had a hard time fully connecting to the outside world, whether it be family or friends. Everything felt distant to him. He longed for something that felt real.
    Which is what turned him to self harm--it was the only thing that connected him to the world from his perspective. When friends and family tried to get help, he lashed out, falling into hysteria. Suicide was his method of escape from the crumbling, fake world he lived in.
    He had only made it to the middle of his second year of high school. He did not do well in most classes, though not because he didn't understand the material (however, there are some classes that he did struggle to understand, like math and chemistry). It was mostly that he saw no point in attempting something fake. He did not go outside much in his life, and had little ambition to do anything, since the world was essentially a dollhouse to him.

Fears: Betrayal, "dollhouse" like worlds (things that he feels are fake and lifeless), slight claustrophobia, being completely alone, being forced to be even more distant from the world than he already is.

Desires: Wants to feel connected to something, wants to be at ease, wants to feel "human".

Addictions: Self-harm, I suppose.

Past traumatic experiences, anything that haunts them: There was once that his younger sister caught him
    self harming
    and she took the item he was using away and, in a hysteric daze, he lashed out and scratched her across the face exceptionally deep. She was scarred physically and mentally for the rest of her life, as far as Taylor knows. On one hand, his sister's cries horrified him. On the other hand, it was the only other real physical sensation he felt
    aside from self-harm
    ...but he didn't like it. It scared him.

9. YinYang

My character:
    Name: Rowan Patterson
    Sexuality: Panromantic Asexual
    Personality: Has a hard time recognizing others' emotions, very secluded and hides their own emotions a lot, can put on emotions easily, gets anxious easily but doesn't usually show it.
    How they died: Shot by their rapist.
    Summary of life: They were never much of a social person. Their parents didn't really treat them well, and they didn't have many friends at school besides one, Riley, due to their extreme anxiety and inability to connect with people. They got bullied a lot due to their odd personality, but it never got too bad. They turned to self harm when they were in 9th grade, and Riley was only who knew. When Riley was sent to a boarding school, their old girlfriend, Alice, convinced Rowan to go out with her. The two started dating, but before long, Alice showed her true colors. She abused Rowan constantly, verbally, mentally, emotionally, physically, and sexually. She raped Rowan (who is asexual) countless times, constantly put them down, and controlled nearly every aspect of their life. They broke up with her one day, and she went to their house and shot them in the forehead after stabbing their arms with kitchen knives.
    Fears: Needles, guns, anyone that looks like Alice.
    Desires: Wants revenge on Alice, wants to see Riley again, wants to feel loved (not necessarily romantically).
    Addictions: Self harm (their arms are covered in deep scars).
    Past traumatic experiences: They were raped, abused, and even beat up a few times in school.

My character will deal with rape and abuse, so I will be putting those in spoilers as well. The character sheet only mentions both a few times, but I'll put more in-depth stuff in spoilers.

#9 YinYang, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  10. Au.Quicksilver

My first character:
    Name: '#57' or 'White'

Appearance: White has white hair (where he got the name from after the first weeks of the labs, pale skin and stands at 4'11". He's rather thin and scrawny, with many scars from the various operations performed on him. There are bags under his eyes, which have purely black irises. His black t-shirt is slightly bloodied and so are his shorts.

Personality: White is very nervous and easily startled, but can easily deal with sustained terror due to having suffered it in the labs.

Death: A botched operation.
    Life Summary: At an early age unknown to White (Although he remembers being taken) he was taken to a lab with various other children and forced to endure various experiments. He was given drugs to stop him from fighting back or thinking clearly enough to form any plan of escape, with the side effect of inducing higher levels of fear and terror. Throughout the experiments, he gained a remarkable ability to recover from harm, as well as increased strength (He's as strong as someone twice his size. Which isn't much, so take that as you will) and senses. The enhanced senses heightened his torture during the agonising operations and also the cramped 'living' spaces he and other children lived in. One day, during an operation another subject broke free and had ended up in the operating theatre that White was in. The scientist, startled, cut into Vincent's spinal chord and severed a nerve controlling White's heart. As you can imagine, it killed him.

Fears: Needles, scientists, anything medical, tight spaces
    Desires: To fit in and be thought of as a person
    Addictions: A drug that he was given in the labs to keep him under control
    Past trauma: Suffering the effects of a harsh addiction, being operated on with no anaesthetic, being beaten, having to kill a boy his age with his bare hands. Life in the labs.

No self-harm, suicide or abuse (Besides mentioned physical), but be warned, White's life was traumatic.

11. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

12. Au.Quicksilver

A'ight. So, anyone else want to enlist into my game?

13. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love inflicting characters with pain, as morbid as it sounds! It'll be good writing practice I suppose :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm in.

Name: Skyler Jansen
    Personality: Cynical and extremely clever, Skyler is very perceptive when it comes to reading people and staying cool in heated and difficult situations. During her life, she was often hated as she was so monotonous and expressionless and did not experience emotions in the same way other people appeared to. She had only ever loved once, and this love and pure faith was the death of her.
    Summary of life: Both Skyler and her twin sister Phoenix knew they were abnormal from the start. It was quite obvious on Skyler's side, as she was very stoic and impervious to what most people felt- she still had emotions, but they were turned down much lower for her versus most people. Sky only felt some sort of attachment for one person- her sweet twin sister, or so she thought. Phoenix was a very frail girl, a contrast from Skyler's strong physique and high immunity. Even so, she was favored by their parents as she seemed to be the perfect daughter- she was sweet, obedient, and very caring, unlike Skyler.
    So when fifteen year old Phoenix walked into Skyler's room with a solemn expression, it came as a total shock for Skyler to learn that their parents had been brutally murdered- by none other than her sweet, innocent sister. Yet this intrigued Skyler more than anything else. She still loved her sister just as much as she always had, and the two of them ran away, hand in hand, that night.
    How she died:Phoenix had a very twisted definition of love- it can be assumed that she was the perpetrator to the events that led to Skyler's death.
    Fears: Betrayal, however this is barely applicable since Sky does not trust most.
    Traumatic experiences: The last few hours of her life, slowly and painfully being murdered.

14. Au.Quicksilver

So, 5 players. Let's leave it at that. Now... Everyone ready?

15. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    *thumbs up* Ready.

16. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ready!

(Hi, Moosey-moo!

17. YinYang

Yup! May the torture commence!

18. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  19. Au.Quicksilver

Well then, I'll start the game when I get home.

20. AlgebraicUchiha

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems that the maximum amount of individuals that this roleplay can contain is five..
    Such a pity...
    I intended to utilize this as my character...
    Name: Shrek
    Sexuality: Aromantic panshrexual
    Personality: Dominant, ogrelord, sentimental, and amiable.
    How they died: He was flying through the Earth's atmosphere, when Lord Farquaad suddenly struck his face.
    Summary of life: Shrek resided in a castle with his spouse, Fiona, as well as his children. He enjoyed his life, until he discovered that his pupil, Drek, had become evil.
    Fears: Farquaad's mother.
    Desires: He wishes to perform the "dab" dance movement.
    Addictions: Bench pressing random individuals every week.
    Past traumatic experiences: Entering his residence and realizing that Drek had invaded it and replaced his gargantuan supply of onions with a supply of kiwi.

---------- Post added 6th Jun 2016 at 05:03 PM ----------

Shrek sighs as the joyful thought of "dabbing" crosses his mind.