1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Egoism/Altruism Test

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Invidia, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Another test presented here by yours truly. I have too much time on my hands, haha. ^_^
    Here's the test: http://psychologytoday.tests.psychtests.com/take_test.php?idRegTest=1607

I got 89/100: Your score on the Helpfulness scale was quite high. You tend to bend over backwards and really go out of your way to help others, and in many cases, will do so without even being asked. As you probably know, offering your support and being there when needed doesn't just benefit the people around you but yourself as well. Chances are that when you're in need of a shoulder to lean on, you'll have someone to turn to. The best part about helping others isn't only that warm, fuzzy feeling it provokes, but its potentially "infectious" nature as well. That one person you help may do the same for someone else, and so on!

I think that's pretty accurate. I care a lot about other people, but at the same time , since I'm a bit shy and stuff, I don't always express that as much as I would like. But often I do anyway, I just can't help myself. ^^
    Also, I don't think one is a bad person if one's score is low on this, or necessarily a very good person if one scores high on this. People are more complex than that, and there are many more parts that make up a person than how helpful they are, so that in itself isn't enough to define a person, I think.

#1 Invidia, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  2. TheSideKick

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I got 67/100: Your score on the Helpfulness scale was in the mid-range. This means that although you are generally a helpful person, you don't always go out of your way to help others, and in some cases, you'll only do so if asked. Although you're not obligated to bend over backwards to help others, offering your support and being there when needed doesn't just benefit the people around you but yourself as well. If you were to regularly follow this path chances are that when you're in need of a shoulder to lean on, you'll have someone to turn to. The best part about helping others isn't only that warm, fuzzy feeling it provokes, but its potentially "infectious" nature as well. That one person you help may do the same for someone else, and so on!

Quite accurate if you ask me. I like to be helpful, but I can't read minds so I won't know most of the time if you need help unless you ask. That and I get annoyed when I find someone is taking advantage of my helpfulness -.- Overall, a pretty good test :thumbsup:

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    57/100

Your score on the Helpfulness scale was in the mid-range. This means that although you are generally a helpful person, you don't always go out of your way to help others, and in some cases, you'll only do so if asked. Although you're not obligated to bend over backwards to help others, offering your support and being there when needed doesn't just benefit the people around you but yourself as well. If you were to regularly follow this path chances are that when you're in need of a shoulder to lean on, you'll have someone to turn to. The best part about helping others isn't only that warm, fuzzy feeling it provokes, but its potentially "infectious" nature as well. That one person you help may do the same for someone else, and so on!

4. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    81/100

Your score on the Helpfulness scale was quite high. You tend to bend over backwards and really go out of your way to help others, and in many cases, will do so without even being asked. As you probably know, offering your support and being there when needed doesn't just benefit the people around you but yourself as well. Chances are that when you're in need of a shoulder to lean on, you'll have someone to turn to. The best part about helping others isn't only that warm, fuzzy feeling it provokes, but its potentially "infectious" nature as well. That one person you help may do the same for someone else, and so on!

It had the type of questions that leave me frustrated because I wanted to answer the most helpful reply but had to answer another one because I would be dishonest to do so because I tend to be a bit frightened and anxious when I meet strangers outside of my home. :icon_redf

#4 Eveline, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  5. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    58... seems about right

---------- Post added 3rd Jul 2016 at 09:15 PM ----------

Your score on the Helpfulness scale was in the mid-range. This means that although you are generally a helpful person, you don't always go out of your way to help others, and in some cases, you'll only do so if asked. Although you're not obligated to bend over backwards to help others, offering your support and being there when needed doesn't just benefit the people around you but yourself as well. If you were to regularly follow this path chances are that when you're in need of a shoulder to lean on, you'll have someone to turn to. The best part about helping others isn't only that warm, fuzzy feeling it provokes, but its potentially "infectious" nature as well. That one person you help may do the same for someone else, and so on!

6. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    66/100

7. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    42/100,
    I'll help people, but won't go out of my to do so. That's fairly accurate :slight_smile:

8. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    46/100.

I feel guilty now. :lol:

I would probably be more helpful if I weren't so shy and hesitant. But I pretty much never ask anyone else for help, so at least I'm not greedy, I guess?

I remember taking this test before; I think I scored a little higher that time. Like 55/100 or something. o.o

9. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Naww, don't feel guilty, YuriCore, we're all our own person. :3 It's hard to help when you're shy, lol.

10. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    64/100
    Can't post text cause on phone

11. n3ko

I feel horrible 33/100 lol

12. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got 36/100, although that's strongly influenced by my being very introverted.

13. candyjiru

84/100~ I got the same text as Invidia~ ^.^ Idk... I just try to throw good out into the world, when I can... but I'm not a complete pushover... right? XD;;;;

14. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got 91 out of 100. I really did not expect that, as I have a bit of a "tough love" personality :grin:

I think some of my "kindness" may just be me being too shy to say no to people :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But whatever. I'll take it.

15. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    53/100

I'd agree with most of the description, except when I help people, I don't expect them to help me back. I would feel weird asking them to help me on the basis of I helped them.

Description below

#15 Secrets5, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  16. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    52/100

....In fairness, I ignored some of these situation like the tourists in need because I'm terrible at directions. I still get my left and right mixed up sometimes. :eusa_doh: So in that situation...I'm better of leaving them alone. I'm actually being more helpful by not leading them the wrong way. The thing with directions is- I could probably walk them there if I knew they way, but explaining it well.... that's another story. Unless they can wait for me to draw a map, I won't be able to explain it. I just can't seem to describe directions in words. :bang:

#16 Canterpiece, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  17. Bobsleigh1

Bobsleigh1 Guest

Helpfulness:
    46/100

Your score on the Helpfulness scale was rather low. You rarely go out of your way to help others, and even if you do lend a helping hand, you generally won't do so without being asked.

Pretty accurate. (─‿─)
    But i think it's more like i'm way too shy to help strangers... But will help people i know if they'd like me to. ( ' u ' ; )
    The rest of it (up there's not all of it) also seemed to think i'd expect a favor in return... but, nah.
    People should just help others whenever, they shouldn't expect something in return, so i don't. ┐(' . ')┌

#17 Bobsleigh1, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2016
  18. Invidia

Invidia Guest

I think that sounds very nice, Umi. :3

19. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    81/100
    Your score on the Helpfulness scale was quite high. You tend to bend over backwards and really go out of your way to help others, and in many cases, will do so without even being asked. As you probably know, offering your support and being there when needed doesn't just benefit the people around you but yourself as well. Chances are that when you're in need of a shoulder to lean on, you'll have someone to turn to. The best part about helping others isn't only that warm, fuzzy feeling it provokes, but its potentially "infectious" nature as well. That one person you help may do the same for someone else, and so on!
    Seems accurate. I am always trying to be helpful to people.

20. Shadstack

Shadstack Guest

41/100...I feel like a bad person.