1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aegis [A Fantasy/Sci-Fi RP]

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by SabreBear, Dec 18, 2016.

1. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I saw that RPs are a thing on this site - albeit not a huge part - and I decided to try and start up my own. I've been a RP for almost a decade now, but haven't hosted too many of my own.

Hope everyone enjoys!

--------------------

It is the mid 2200s, and the world as you know it has been destroyed. Obliterated by creatures you wouldn't even believed had existed.

You see, almost eighty-years ago, while studying the principals of dark matter, a group of (rather unfortunate) scientists, managed to crack a hole through the space time continuum. It might've been a scientific victory, but that victory went sour very, very quickly.

On the other side of his "hole" lay a world untouched by man, inhabited by creatures that you would've considered myth. Things resembling dragons, monsters, you name it! They all poured into our world, and oh boy, were they ever unhappy!

Near-invincible these things methodically began wiping out humanity. Country by country, city by city, until only a small fraction of humanity lay - terrified - in wait to be killed next. That is when, like a bastion of hope they appeared.

Aegis had been a militant force established after the appearance of these beasts. Armed with the best weapons money could buy they managed to drive the beasts back, even if just a little. They were soon seen as the last hope for humanity, and we are forever in their debt.

Now it's up to you. A generation has passed, and you were born into this world. A world overrun with these beasts. It's up to you to take up the mantle of an Aegis soldier, and defend what is left of this planet.

Good luck.

--------------------

In Aegis you will be playing one of the members of the Aegis Corp. a band of soldiers that are tasked with keeping humanity safe from the various beasts that stalk the land. You have a lot of choice, will you take up arms and help fight? Stay in the background and research new ways to take down these foes? Or will you try and find out some of the hidden truths in the more convenient lies?

The fate of humanity depends on your decisions.

--------------------

As of now the Aegis base is located out of what was once New York city, it was once a large supertower that has been transformed into a hub for the Aegis Corp. This is your home-base, and where you will start off your adventure.

Certain beasts may attack your base, or you might encounter them at random whenever you decide to stray away from home. Let's just hope that you're prepared no matter what.

Being a part of Aegis your character can be assigned to one of the various roles or classes, they are the following:

Ranger -> these characters are tasked with going out and marking territory. They are also responsible for bringing back samples for sages. These characters spend most of their time out of the base, and on the go.

Sentinel -> these are the main fighters. They guard the base, sometimes go out with rangers on scouting missions, and are generally the ones who do most of the offensive (and defensive) fighting.

Sage -> the researchers. They study the beasts for weaknesses and information. They are also considered the strategists, and are the ones who plan out where/when to send out Rangers.

--------------------

Standard RP rules apply (no bullying, god-modding, etc). There is no word limit/minimum, just write whatever you feel you have to, to progress the role-play. You will have to be accepted before you begin your adventure. In order to be processed for acceptance you need to fill out the form below!

Character Name:
    Character Age: [Because Aegis is a military corp. all characters must be over the age of 18]
    Description of Appearance: [You can include a picture, if you'd prefer]
    Bio: [Just a brief overlook of your character's history/persona]

--------------------

SabreBear's Character

Character Name: Vergil Kemp
    Character Age: 27
    Class: Sage
    Description of Appearance: Vergil is a young man who stands at roughly 6ft tall. He is rather slender and lean, and is often seen as fragile by others. He has wavy black hair, sharp facial features, and wears a pair of glasses.
    Bio: His father was one of the Sentinels of Aegis, and his mother one of the civilians that Aegis worked to keep safe. He was raised in the Aegis Hub, oftentimes pestering the Sages to see what they were working on. It was through them that he received an education, and went onto become a sage himself once he was of age. His father was killed a few years back, though his mother still lives in one of the settlements to the north. Vergil is often seen as an eccentric man, and he has a dry sense of humour. Still, he's overall a fairly peaceful guy, and one that does not enjoy confrontation. Perhaps that is why he keeps away from others, or maybe he's just simply anti-social.

2. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Character Name: Maluon Hadrian Tyler

Character Age: 25

Class: Sage

Description of Appearance: Maluon stands 6' 8" and is quite imposing, He walks with a heavy limp, has numerous scars, and is blind in his left eye. His hair is black and spiky,

Bio: Maluon actually started out fighting, and he was good at it. He was often able to get others out of bad situations. However he eventually paid the price for this, as he now has permanent and sometimes painful reminders of this. Now, as a result of the extent of his injuries, Maluon has now been relegated to scientific work.

Maluon is usually quiet and keeps to himself, but will speak his mind if he feels it is necessary.

3. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (I was hoping this would get more attention.)

4. (Hello, Mongrel and SabreBear. I've been around here for a year or so, and recently returned after a couple of months of inactivity. The last RP I was in died off, and it seems this is the only remotely recent attempt to start one. It is certainly a rather interesting topic, and I hope with my interest, we can get the ball rolling! I personally would have chosen a male sage as well, but for the sake of diversity and for going out of my comfort zone a bit, I'll be trying out a female ranger. Cheers!)

Character Name: Orva Bourdon

Character Age: 21

Class: Ranger

Description of Appearance: With a relatively small 5' 6" frame and slender shoulders, Orva is among the youngest members of Aegis. Her jaggedly-cut medium brown hair just grazes her olive-skinned shoulders, which are exposed by the black tank top she tends to wear under a loose and fraying jacket. A face made haggard by years living in the decaying streets of New York City still bears traces of not-quite washed off dirt surrounding clear grey eyes.

Bio: Born to a family of immigrants who came to NYC to build a new life and were sorely unprepared for the catastrophic destruction wreaked by the extraterrestrial creatures, Orva lived the majority of her young life struggling for survival on the streets with her mother. There's was a nomadic life, roving from place to place, occupying the abandoned remains of a once-great city. When her father went missing one day after going on a run for food and supplies, Orva took charge of her situation and assumed his role. For three years since then, her natural affinity for infiltration and stealth kept her and her mother going, until she was caught breaking into a storage container owner by Aegis. To escape imprisonment, Orva began to serve the elite group of soldiers, surveying locations most wouldn't dare approach and scavenging supplies for them. She quickly rose up their ranks, and is now one of their most experienced rangers.

5. (Any chance of this getting started? I was really looking forward to it.)

6. (I'm not quite ready to give up on what seems like a rather promising RP, so I'll just be keeping this relevant until either the creator shows up or enough people express interest in it that we can start on our own.)