1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling All Homestucks!

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by rebelAssassin, Dec 23, 2016.

1. rebelAssassin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Looking for them sweet, mother-honking Homestuck vibes. Fill out the below so we can get some sick beats (chats) going.

Zodiac and Patron trolls? (they're different, if you didn't know) Godtier? Fav character?

Fav ships?

I'm an Aquarius, so my zodiac is Eridan. (my twin sister is also, of course, Aquarius, my younger sister is Leo, my brother is Scorpio, my dad is Capricorn, and my stepmom is Virgo. Talk about lethal!) My patron is Equius. (rip) My godtier is the Maid of Mind. (my sister says that I have the same godtier as my oc, but I'm not sure that's how it works, so no Blood playing for me!) My fav character is Roxy Lalonde.

And, let's face it, I have way too many ships to be able to easily list them all here. (mostly concerning Dave Strider or Karkat Vantas (or both!))

2. Blackrainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sup?

I'm a Pisces, so I supposed that makes my zodiac troll Feferi, and my patron troll is unfortunately Vriska. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I find the concept of godtiers fascinating, but there's so much potential meaning and relevance behind each title that I think one person could be one of many, especially since I think the kids in Homestuck are supposed to be challenged by their titles at least initially. Ultimately I think I'd be a Light player. Maybe a Mage of Light?

I have many favourite Homestuck characters so it's hard to pick just one. I definitely share your fondness for Roxy though. :slight_smile:

What did you think about the retcon? It seems to have been a turning point in the story and not everyone looks at it as a satisfying one.

3. CandyCutes

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey what's up B)

My zodiac troll is Taurus (sweet!) and my patron troll is Gamzee, and funny enough I ship them together XD I also really like Nepeta♦/♥Equius

My fave troll is definitely Tereziiiii ♥-♥ I love her to death haha
    And my godtier is the same as Damara's, the Witch of Time (I took a quiz from tumblr a long time ago)

4. rebelAssassin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In all honesty, I was unsure what to think about the retcon. On the one hand, I was very fascinated by the idea, and by the kids and trolls becoming somewhat self-aware of their character arcs (as I believe Rose said later "We don't have 'character arcs, we're real people.' (pardon the inaccuracy)) This is somewhat ironic, because they are, in fact, unreal people in a webcomic, at least in this universe. I enjoyed seeing Vriska alive again (she may be a b*tch, but she's great (except when she killed Tavros, rip)) and was near tears with happiness when Roxy and Rose reunited.

On the other hand, there were a few things I didn't like. The main thing was the unraveling of their character arcs. As someone that reads 75% of the time, I enjoy character arcs and plot twists. While the retcon (and Game Over) was a major plot twist, I can't help but feel slightly disappointed that Hussie chose to throw away the arcs. I believe that if he absolutely had to do it, he might have done it with a bit more finesse. I didn't enjoy watching everyone die like that. (thank Hussie for Terezi: Remember)

All in all, I'd say I definitely have mixed feelings about the retcon. It was smart, but maybe not as well planned as it could have been. Who knows, though, with Hussie?

5. dyl pickle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm relatively new to homestuck (starting just as it ended, poor timing I know), but it's super long and pretty confusing so far, but I'm only in the beginning. I just wanted to ask - do things start to make more sense later on and should I stick to reading it?

6. rebelAssassin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The further along you get, the more sense it makes, kinda. I didn't fully understand what was gong on until halfway through Act 6, and even now, on my second read, I'm kinda stumped with some things. Just keep reading, it will click eventually, I promise. It even did for me, and I'm an idiot.