1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amortentia

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Elysian, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Elysian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys, I've low-key been bored for the past few hours and I thought up a question for all of you Potterheads (and Potter affiliates, I don't judge) out there!

So in the books, Amortentia is a very powerful love potion that ensnares a person to obsess over the person whom administered the potion to them. It has a mother-of-pearl patine but most interestingly: it smells different to each person that smells it.

Amortentia mimics the smell of what each person loves; so if someone was brewing up some Amortentia in their cauldron next door- what would it smell like?

e.g: Hermione's amortentia smelt like: "freshly mown grass, new parchment and-" (what is later revealed by JK to be Ron Weasley's hair)

2. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, so I'd probably smell...lavender, rain, and vanilla? Those are probably my top three favorite scents. Or am I misinterpreting. Mmm, I dunno.

...Y'know it would probably still be like that if it's linked to things I love. My mom and my home connects with lavender (It's my mom's favorite scent, so I grew up with it all around and that's how I learned to love it), I really love the sound and aesthetic of rainfall, and I love sweet things and the smell of baking, so vanilla. Hm.

3. SiKiHe

a tough one. It would probably smell like a fireplace [or wood burning then I guess], maybe lilac or roses. I can't smell well so my fiance uses these burner oils that have a strong scent and make the house smell nice. and their all flowery smells. But they feel like home now.

4. anthracite

anthracite Guest

My motorbike of course ^^

5. SiKiHe

they're* who taught me grammar? they failed.

6. Elysian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    These are all pretty nice guys, I've been thinking for a while now and I have no idea what would be in mine... I think it would probably be something natural, I really like the smell of lemons when I bake and the smell of clay. In terms of flowers I like the smell of sweetpea so I think they'd probably be in there and I like the smell of cotton as well. I'm probably forgetting everything I like rn but these are a few that come to mind.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine would probably be fresh coffee, petrichor, and a crackling fire place.

8. AssumedStraight

Freshly mown grass for me too (like Hermione), plus ozone. Man, just gotta love thunders ⚡
    When you see what I did there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: