1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The random questions of GAYNESS

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Otsuke, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Otsuke

Haha! Hey everyone!
    Wow... it has been a long time since I've posted... O.O ... Anyways...
    I thought of this topic lately. In fact, I always think about those questions.... So I finally figured that maybe other people have those questions too !! And maybe they have even MORE questions !!! And fortunately, maybe they have ANSWERS!!

Okay, this is not a serious topic... Not that I know of XD. But here are my stupid questions about GAYNESS ! XD << yes, gayness.

You know, a guy with a girl is what I would call NORMALITY. And in this normality, the guy pays the restaurant bill at the first date, he climbs the wall until the window to find his flower and blabla... but in gay couples, who does that? O.O

When we are at our first date, in a restaurant, who is supposed to pay the bill? The guy? Or the OTHER guy? .... Who climbs the outside wall? The guy? Or the OTHER guy?

If you're able to answer, stupidly or smartly, go right away ! :slight_smile: XD... And if you guys have questions too (stupid or not) ASK them so I won't feel alone... lol.

2. notquitebutch

Haha well, I guess whoever asks the other one on the date should pay. Could you imagine having someone ask you out to eat and expecting you to cover the bill? Yikes.

For all the other things, whoever is the more dominant person I guess. There's really no set one... whoever wants to.

3. endless poetry

yeah I had one...

what happens when two men walk down the aisle at a wedding? Two women it`s easy both their fathers are there to walk them down, but two men? do they both wait in the front like two grooms in "straight" weddings or both get walked by their fathers like two brides in "straight" weddings......

anyone been to a gay wedding?

4. Otsuke

Good question endless poetry !! Seriously, I've never been to a gay wedding but... Sounds like we have a lot to discover about gay life! HEHE... isn't exciting? ;D

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I say whoever asks the other out first pays, if they are unable to than split it 50/50, even straight couples do that these days. :thumbsup:

I don't know about the wedding question, I've never been to a gay wedding before. If and when I get married though, my I want my mom to do that part if the whole giving someone away is involved in my wedding.

My question:

Should one give the other guy a small gift on dates, like an equivalent to the guy bringing the girl flowers or anything?

6. endless poetry

yay it`s a whole gay world and a lifetime to discover it XP !

I personally would exchange romantic/meaningful gifts, but that`s just me, and I`m allowed because I`m francophone, but....

7. Jay D

I like romantic gifts ... girls love them for some reason.

8. Otsuke

Oh it's cute! And it's a good question ... a gift on the first date? Yes I would say it's interesting... But you know, the boy will (for exemple) buy flowers.... but a guy? Guys, would you like to receive flowers? XD... I don't know, i'm just asking !!

9. KnightAssassin

i would enjoy flowers or another small token of appreciation XD, and im at a loss on marriage and want to know know ... XD lol and bill can go however whether 50/50 , paid by one complete or one pays on then next gets next ....etcetera

10. I'd love getting flowers, but I'd feel awkward carrying them around... XD And I personally think the person who asked the other out should pay at least the first time, and after that maybe fifty-fifty.

11. Gaetan

If/when I ever get married, I want it to be rather simple. My boyfriend and I standing in front of a judge saying our "I dos". Stamp on the paper, we're done. None of this silly ceremonial stuff.

And, honestly, I'd want it that way even if I were straight.

12. werekid

i guess you can both pay the bills or on one day one guy then the next time you pay

13. -Michael-

What does the priest say?

"I now pronounce you husband and...well...urm...husband.

you may kiss the....husband?"

14. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha, probably XD I have this vision of a priest thinking he's doing another marriage ceremony and then his eyes popping out as he realises who's in front of him XD

From what I've heard (of family friend and her now-wife), since one held the more masculine role in the relationship, and the other feminine, they wore a tux and a dress respectively, but both were walked down the aisle by their fathers, tux first then dress. It sounded really sweet :slight_smile:

15. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Good question. I dunno, maybe they could walk down the aisle together? Or maybe one would wait at the front and the other would be walked down the aisle... I guess it depends on the person. (That's a really good question though, now I don't know what to think)

---------- Post added 27th Mar 2015 at 01:39 AM ----------

I now pronounce you Husband number 1 and Husband number 2.
    (There would probably be some argument over who got to be number 1) :wink:

16. Gandee

Gandee Guest

I now pronounce you Husband and Man
    Make sense, right? Now you don't have to argue who gets to be the Man and who gets to be the Husband :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I won't marry in a Church so there ain't any wonders about going down the aisle xD

And yeah I think that whoever invite the other has to pay the bill. As for who climb the wall... The most dominant xD

18. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah, you're right :slight_smile:

(I'm gonna be honest, I read your post wrong the first time and thought it said 'He-Man' :wink: )

---------- Post added 27th Mar 2015 at 02:24 AM ----------

Agreed :slight_smile:

19. Verb

Each person pays for themselves unless it's someone's birthday - or you alternate who pays

A single flower given as a romantic gesture doesn't go amiss in my books - no bouquets though. I'd be turned off if the guy I was dating couldn't accept a flower because he's too 'macho' or whatever

whoever is lightest/shortest gets a leg up over the wall

'I pronounce you married' would be my preference >.>

^ all the above applies to male-female, female-female and male-male dating in my book. But that's just my own pref of course :wink:

20. Justinian20

I think it really depends on the sort of guys that are dating, Imagine for a second, Lord Brunwin and Lord Ashton are at a fancy restaurant. Both of them are rich and can easily pay for something like dinner. The one who offers to pay is the one who pays.

Now for flowers, I would love to receive flowers, and I don't mind if he doesn't like receiving flowers himself as I like to be treated a lot more than guys do.

For marriage I would prefer "I now pronounce you men married, you may now kiss each other and let us celebrate this love, like no other."

Also personally I'm the guy who wants to get treated to gifts and romance when I'm dating other guys.