1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think it is it easier to befriend women?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Camman3, Mar 16, 2010.

?

Which is easier to befriend/approach - male or female?

1. I am a bi/gay male. It is easier to befriend other males.

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. I am a bi/gay male. It is easier to befriend females.

28 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. I am a straight male. It is easier to befriend other males.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I am a straight male. It is easier to befriend females.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I am a bi/gay female. It is easier to befriend males.

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  6. I am a bi/gay female. It is easier to befriend other females.

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  7. I am a straight female. It is easier to befriend males.

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  8. I am a straight female. It is easier to befriend other females.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Camman3

For I'm particularly interested in gay guys' answers - not to discriminate bit because that is simply what I want to know.

I never thought I'd be closed-minded enough to conclude this, but I really feel that gay guys can relate to, get along with, and talk with more ease to women. Masculine or not, it would appear that gay guys are just more comfortable with them.

Ironically, my best friend is a straight male and we tell each other everything, but my perception is that most other guys have more female friends. I find it much easier to approach women and be friendly to them, too.

Also curious about women: do you find it easier to befriend other women?

Regarding the poll: it is obviously in general - there are shades of grey, but choose the one based on a general basis.

#1 Camman3, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

In high school, I had more close female friends than male friends, but that's mostly because that was the circle of friends I happened to fall into, and i didn't have any more trouble befriending guys. Now that I'm in college, most of my friends are guys, so I picked males.

3. egnvectr

egnvectr Guest

Among straight people, yes that's true for me. Although when i was in school i had mostly male friends, but mostly just because I had the same friends since we were little. But, I think i'd find it easier to be friends with gay guys, although I'm not sure since I don't know that many.

4. Sylver

Interestingly I've always had trouble making friends with girls. I'm much more comfortable around guys, straight or gay. Although since coming to EC I have discovered the special joys of lesbians! :slight_smile:

5. x2x2x2x2y2

I have trouble making any friends. Lol but it is a tiny bit easier making friends with girls. I can relate more because (most of them) don't talk about sports or "hot chicks".

6. totallyfierce

I think that, being gay, you are able to relate better to females, that's me any way. I do have guy friends, not many though. I wish they gay…they are so hot.

7. lostinthought9

This.

My best friend is a straight guy, and most of my other friends are girls. (not all, just most).

8. crystaltriforce

all my friends are guys

9. GhostDog

The two groups of people I find it the easiest to befriend are straight girls and gay guys. I wish I was better at making friends with other bi/gay ladies, but every LGBT event I go to, I end up hanging out with the gay guys because there is absolutely zero sexual pressure there and it's easier to just chill with them. I luffs my gay guy friends though. <3 And I end up friends with a lot of straight girls because that's who I'm surrounded with in most of my classes. They're great fun to hang out with though! And it may also be partly because I get nervous around other queer ladies. -.-

... I'm clearly a terrible lesbian.

But yeah. I don't have too hard of a time befriending straight guys, though I have fewer straight guy friends than gay guy friends or female friends.

#9 GhostDog, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  10. SwissBoy88

I am a gay male. It is easier to befriend females.

11. RaeofLite

Ooh I like this poll. :slight_smile:

Add me to the category to a gay woman who befriends guys more easily. ..This is mostly because I'm not attracted to them "in that way" and... they're able to be more easy going generally, they don't really cause drama, and play video games among other things.

12. jazzrawr

I get along better with guys. The close female friends I have are ones that I've known since childhood, and they are pretty similar to me. And if I actually count my good friends there are more guys.

Probably because our interests are more similar. Less drama, less bitching, less backstabbing. And they like video games and food. :grin: My girl friends get on my nerves pretty easily.

13. Paragon

Paragon Guest

all of my close friends are straight girls
    My only close friend that is male is gay

14. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

i get on with both but i must say im better mixing with girls. my best friend is female, most of my friends are female but i do have alot of guy friends. only a couple of gay friends. dunno what that is all about, i also find i have more fun with the girls on a nite out too, that way i can dance away with them quite provocativly and tease the guys hahaha.

15. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

You know, come to think of it, the vast majority of my female high school friends were bi or lesbian, and vast majority of my male friends now are straight. Huh. I guess I just have an easier time befriending those who like women.

16. RaRa

I can get along with males just as much as females, but I attach to females much faster and prefer their company. They show more affection and emotion daily then most males do, and I like that.

When I see my male friends I just do the whole hug/how have you been/blah blah blah, but I have more serious relationships with females. People see it as being a player. :dry:

17. Camman3

I find a lot of what RaRa said is true for me - women show their emotion daily. They feel more real and I can be myself around them.

What irritates me, though, is that I can't be friends with many masculine guys. Sometimes all I really want is to be able to play sport, go gym, or talk about "guy-stuff" with other guys, but about guys as well. Yeah, I can really see this happening soon:laugh:.

I will not give up on my mission to find these men that DO exist:grin:.

18. Spit Fire

well im a trans man(FtM) and I find it's A LOT easier to befriend women.

19. Holmes

I didn't pick either, as I do think it depends. The friendships are of a little different degree, I think. I started a new course in September, and the person I'm closest to is a girl, but I'm as close to some of the boys as any of the other boys are. Boys are a little less into feelings and such, but I'd be more likely to go for a pint with some of them. Of my wider friends who I've known for longer, there's quite a good mix between boys and girls, and I'd say as a whole I get on better with the boys. The person I'm most open to about life and feelings is a lesbian, but probably partly because the person after her I'd talk to most about personal things is a boy I had a serious crush on, so I avoided that kind of thing. And a few good friends I'd meet and we'd just talk about politics.

I think if I were to get married, my choice for best man would be between three straight men.

20. mm91

I've always had more female friends. Not sure why. I think on some levels I relate better. I have three female cousins that were in the same grade as me so a lot of my friends came from them. I know a big reason is that I don't feel like a girl would look at me and thing I acted gay and say something about it.....something I think I really fear about straight guys for the most part.

Really the only guy friends I have are friends that I made through sports.

I don't like though when I'm trying to talk to a girl and they think I'm hitting on them :lol: Nice doesn't mean I like you.