1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you go for?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Midnight Angel, Sep 15, 2007.

1. We were talkin in Sociology last week and we learned that there are a few things that motivate people to to find a mate. The list that came up was: looks, personality, the possibility of monetary gain, or for emotional stability. The question is, which one best applies to how you look for someone?

2. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

hmm, thats a hard question. I mainly only look for someone with most or all of those... thats why I am so picky =P

3. SpikySpice

I have 2 thinsg, and always put them in order

The personality, which is extremely important, I want a nice guy which is good studnet and education, If the guy has a good look, but bad inner, I will leave him, because it's the right choice.

But Im a picky kinda dude, i also care about the look

Someone told me that love is not abut the look, maybe now Im young, all i care bout is the beauty, but when Im older, i'll chnage

4. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

good personality and a little bit for looks

5. GuitarGirl1350

Personality, intelligence, looks, hygiene, smoke, respect of my boundaries and privacy, willingness to be out. In that order.
    Because I can't be with a dull person, a dumb person, a disrespectful person, or a closeted person. Well, I CAN be with a closeted person, I'd just prefer not to be. And generally when you're clean and hygienic you look better. Bad breath is my number-one turn off, except possibly reeking body odour.
    And I can get over looks, but they're a bonus.

6. SadConfusedBandGeek

Personally I'd think how they treat me and other people is #1, as well as their personality. But Looks are important too. (by looks, i am also including hygiene and how well they take care of themselves.)

then i'd say, annoying habits and intelligence are important to.
    and how much we have in common.

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personality, looks, emotional stability, cuddling/sex. Possibly not in that order. Money would be handy but it's never been a consideration.

8. Zec24

Personality (to include caring attitude, sense of humor, intelligence), looks (not as important but as someone else mentioned a bonus), emotional stability, oh and I also agree with GuitarGirl on hygiene.

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Same for me. And he must be a non-smoker.

10. Level N Human

Personality, but that's not saying a lot since a good personality is grounds for freiendship and not always more. I think it's personality and verbal intimacy is what makes it for me.

11. Kimi

Personality, and bit of looks and person with some money couldn't hurt too.

As long as I have my eyes I don't think I could ever stop caring about looks...not saying like they have to be smoking hot or anything but better looks, better impression.

12. WheelerBoi

WheelerBoi Guest

personality, looks (i can't say there not important but as long as he's not really ugly). If our relationship is constantly at extremes (love or hate) then i'd leave him ... does that count as emotional stability?

13. davo-man

I know this is pretty generic, but personality. Im not gunna lie, looks are also important, because that is the first thing you notice about a person; how they look, so of course that is the first impression you get of them. But first impressions can be wrong, and I always get to know a person before i make a final decision, for instance I know a guy, James, who is not ugly, but not in the classic sense smoking hot. The more I got to know him, however, the more I was attracted to him, and now I personally think he's one of the most attractive guys in our year level.

Anyway, things i go for are non-smoker, personality, looks and nice forearms/hands (dunno why) (and in that strict order)

14. Jerr

I go for genrally naturally skinny guys who share common interests with me such as a few video games and movie prefrences...

in other words

I like the hetero boys.

15. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) He has to love me and treat me as an equal (I don't want to be anyone's toy boy)
    2) He has to be mature, and willing to give me a shoulder to cry on when I'm sad, which is quite often.
    3) He has to take care of his personal hygiene.
    4) He has to be versatile, sexually speaking. I'm SO TIRED of exclusive tops.

Basically, that. Looks aren't that important. I'd like him to be out too, but it isn't a requirement.

16. sblvd06

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Personality, personality personality. I believe that a great personality can make a so-so preson look like thte hottest person on earth. As far as monetary gain goes, I won't need a sugar daddy because I'm going to be making enough money on my own (that's just me being optimistic :grin: ).

17. azurelover14

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I like your Scandelous thing.