1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guilty Pleasures? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by TheWanderer, Jan 19, 2011.

1. TheWanderer

Rockin' through my apartment today, I decided I would toss on some music. Went to my computer and thought,
    "What guilty pleasure now?
    No Doubt."

I'm sure everyone has some "guilty pleasure." Let's hear em', movies, music, books, accessories whatever.

I'll start us of. None of this I actually consider bad.

Code:
    Music:
    No Doubt
    Everclear
    Oasis
    Eve 6
    Journey

Books:
    "The Outsiders" -S. E. Hinton
    "Matilda" - Roald Dohl Eventually made into a movie but I was much older when that made it to television.

Clothes:
    I'm really only putting this here because I don't really accessorize.

Wool/synthetic hiking socks.

Now given the right circumstances, activity etc. this is fine. 
    I just love how they fit and fee and wear them around my apartment rockin' out to guilty pleasures.
     F' them feety pajamas. 
    Bye, everyone:smilewave
    TheWanderer

2. Movies:
    Labyrinth (yeah, the one with David Bowie as Jareth the Goblin King...)
    Nacho Libre (I don't know why, but I just love this movie.)
    The twilight movies. Although I wasn't a big fan of the books, I'm in love with K. Stew

Music:
    some songs by All Time Low, even though I don't usually listen to music like that since I was like 16.
    Dance remixes of radio pop songs. even if i don't like the original

Other:
    waiting until everyone is gone to shower so I can sing out my own personal musical hahaha

3. Allecto

No Doubt's older stuff is actually pretty awesome.

My guilty pleasures are:
    - "All The Things She Said" by tATu
    - "Good Girls Go Bad" by Cobra Starship
    - Some Christina Aguilera songs
    - "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia
    - Chick-lit
    - Fast food
    - Internet drama
    - Encyclopedia Dramatica
    - Trolling
    - Reading super-radical feminist blogs (as in, women who really, really hate men). I think most of what they say is misguided at best and outright vile at worst, but I need something to laugh/get pissed at and radfems aren't as sickening as conservatives/racists.

#3 Allecto, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

No Doubt are an amazing band; you need not feel guilty for liking them.

Movies:
    -Shoot 'Em Up. It's an action movie stripped of all pretense without losing any of its charm, and I love it for knowing exactly what it is, exactly what it aims to give the viewer (over-the-top action scenes and one-liners), and giving the viewer just that, without going so overboard as to become unwatchable.
    -The Saw movies. Say what you will, but I love the theme of poetic justice that permeates these movies, I love seeing just what kind of sick, twisted stuff they can come up with, and I appreciate the fact that even after six movies, the series still took itself seriously. (I saw after six because the seventh and last movie was an embarrassment to the franchise, but I stilled watched it, and I still loved it.)

Music:
    -Behemoth's "Conquer All". It's my understanding that Behemoth isn't all that respected in the death metal community, and death metal isn't all that respected by anyone else, so this really is a guilty pleasure.
    -Tokio Hotel's "Monsoon" and "Humanoid". Monsoon has always been a favorite of mine, and Humanoid fluctuates the between the second and first most played song in my collection.
    -Lady Gaga's "Telephone" and "Alejandro". I don't like most of Gaga's stuff, but these songs are the exceptions, with Telephone being one of the few songs that has ever made me want to dance with my arms above my head.
    -All of my emo-ish songs: Cobra Starship's "Prostitution Is the World's Oldest Profession (And I, Dear Madame, Am a Professional)", Fall Out Boys' "Sugar, We're Going Down" and "Thnks fr the Mmrs", and 30 Seconds to Mars' "Attack" and "Kings and Queens". I don't like most emo, but these songs are far enough away from the genre for me to like them.
    -All of my post-grunge songs: Hoobastank's "The Reason", Switchfoot's "Meant to Live", Trust Company's "Downfall", and Three Days Grace's "I Hate Everything About You". Ever since I found out that that genre that every song on the radio seems to fit into has a name (post-grunge), I have noted more and more how it all sounds the same and really doesn't deserve the label of "alternative" that it so often gets. And yet I still enjoy these few songs for some reason.
    -The smattering of mindless hip-hop/rap songs I still like: "Bossy" by Kelis, some of the songs off of Lil' Jon & The East Side Boyz's "Crunk Juice" album (mostly the ones which just feature the group itself or whose collaborative contributions are minimal), the remixes of "Side 2 Side" by Three 6 Mafia, and "Nothing Less" by Trillville. I used to be really into hip-hop and rap, but now I don't like most of the songs I have left over from those days. The exceptions to that rule are the few thoughtful songs I have and the ones above, which I still enjoy.

Other
    -Listening to BrokenCYDE for the unintentional humor in their songs. I didn't put this under music because I don't actually like BrokenCYDE's music. What I like doing is listening to one of their songs and laughing my ass off at how funny it is.
    -Seventeen magazine. The library where I used to work had it in the children's room, and sometimes I would see a headline while putting it away that was so inane or amusing that I just had to read the article.
    -Other people's drama. I'm normally not the kind of person who puts up with people complaining about interpersonal issues and drama, since I'm a solution-oriented person, and complaining goes against that orientation of mine. With that said, sometimes it's just too juicy to say no.

5. Smile

They may not seem like guilty pleasures to you guys but with my group of friends, they really are, although I indulge with certain friends sometimes:

Music:
    Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Short Stack, game soundtrack music, Michael Buble, Shakira and various other pop artists...

Books:
    When I read the Twilight saga I kept that dead silent and no one but my mum knew but no I almost brag about how I am a better person because I gave them a chance (I am that sort of an asshole lol)

Games:
    Any RPG I own, most of my friends are insane Halo and Cod fans so I keep my Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts talk to a minimum.

They are the main ones, I have a few friends who, because of their likes and dislikes, I have guilty pleasures (such as with one friend I do not talk about youtube and another I do not mention Skins) but the above are the main ones.

6. silvousplait

silvousplait Guest

Books:
    -Phoenix Rising, I don't remember the author :<
    -Inheritance series (Eragon, Eldest, etc..)
    Games:
    -Mass Effect 1&2
    -All FF games including online versions xD
    -Tetris lool
    - Dynasty Warriors games
    Music:
    -My Chemical Romance xDDDD
    -Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley; being rick roll'd almost makes me wanna dance hahaha

7. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Em.. taking a hot bath? and keep changing water..? :/

Is that one?? I duno

8. InaRut

^ That