1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanfictions!

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Jordash, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Jordash

Does anyone on here read/wright fanfictions?
    I was just wondering because some proper tips would be nice. I wanna do a Yuru Yuri (Chinatsu & Yui or maybe a Kyouko & Ayano one) But I might want to do a more heterosexual Pokemon one (Ash & Misty)

Any tips? Or what would you like to read in a fic?

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've read a fair bit about fan fiction and the first thing I would say to anyone, is DO NOT write your generic romance fic that slams pairings together with no real basis and no real plot either. I've seen too many of those and they all sound the same after a while and get really, really annoying. The other thing is, unless you think you are capable of doing it really well, don't write about sex. A lot of people do it and basically end up turning the entire fic into erotica, or just a weird, hard core sex story that people get off on.

In fact, a lot of fics are better off without the romance aspect. I say this, and it makes me a complete hypocrite because a fair few of mine are about romance. But if you want to include romance it is better to integrate it into a wider plot rather than making romance the focus of the story.

3. Jordash

Okay! Thanks. I think thats just the kinda tips I needed to get started! This is going to be fun! (I hope) :slight_smile:

4. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't read fanfiction because I often find the writing incompetent and bland.
    I wrote one once that occurred in the same world as the series I was using as a reference. It didn't use any of the characters though.

One tip is, if you are going to use the characters from the story you are fan writing about, try to be as faithful to them as possible. Really think about whether they would say or do the thing you want them to.