1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could go back in time and tell yourself?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by xxAngelOnFirexx, Dec 29, 2007.

1. xxAngelOnFirexx

What would you tell yourself if you could go back in time? warn you not to do? warn you not to date? i know things that happen make you who you are but wouldn't there be one thing that sticks out that you really want to cover up...
    And it is?

ha a question for thought... Would you listen?

you can play more than once too. i know there can be a ton of things...

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Oh God, there is so much I would do.

I would go back to elementary school and tell myself to not sit down during gym class or else be faced with a life-long battle against weight problems.

I would go back to middle school and explain my homosexuality to myself.

I would go back to ninth grade and tell myself not hit the kid who hit me first so that he wouldn't get the charges dropped through a counter-suite.

I would go back to when I first began to like rap and convert myself to rock and roll.

I would go back to when I first began playing video games and tell myself "Go read a book."

I would go back to when I gave up on reeading altogether and say, "Here, try this. I liked reading it."

...looking back, now I would go back to when I began typing this and say, "You really are pathetic. You think these things in your past are causing your present misseries, but it's your choice to do nothing about them that is hurting you now."

And now I go to do something about it.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

By the way, I would just like to clarify that I am not saying that anyone who posts here is pathetic. I'm only saying that about myself.

4. Hollywood

i would go back to myself as a child and explain what a bunch of crap christianity, and organized religion, is and to not be brainwashed by my mother.

then i would got back to late middle/early high school and tell myself to stop using religion as a defense mechenism for my sexuality.

5. xxAngelOnFirexx

well i would go back and tell my old self what dianosis i have so i could go look it up and point it out to stupid therapists.

i would tell myself to calm down and not start the fiasco that led to me getting driven to a hospital in a police car handcuffed (tightly)

i tell myself my dad would never change and to not visit him after i legally didn't have to

i would tell myself to no start cutting

i would tell myself when i decided i would stop starving myself that i was fat and to not stop so i would end up currently weighing like 85lbs instead 125bs (at the time i weighed 95lbs).

i would tell myself that hanging and slitting wrists does work and to not bother trying

i would tell myself my meaning in life so i wouldn't waste so much time being focased on ending it.

i would tell myself to get a vertical industrail instead of horizontal to spare myself all the awful scarring.

and more later

6. CrimsonThunder

I'd tell myself to copywrite the word "iPod". :grin:

7. Psych!

Psych! Guest

I would tell myself to plan my life better, and way more carefully.

I would tell myself to think things through.

I would tell myself to socialize more and be more confident.

I would tell myself to do more stuff and enjoy life, instead of hating it like I do now.

I would tell myself not to fear others and that I have to stand up for what I believe.

I would tell myself to be more optimistic and set goals so I can reach them.

I would tell myself to love what I am and what I have instead of hating every inch of my being.

I'm sure there's more, but that's about it for now.

8. Nodnarb

There is so so so much I would do....but I guess I will just go with the most important one..

I would tell myself to accept who I am, not fight it, not try to think my way out of it, just accept it and be happy with it so I don't have to deal with the inner conflict I've had for so long.

9. biisme

i don't have anything i would CHANGE, because i'm afraid it would change who i am now. i gained a lot of my friends after stupid mistakes...

but, i would tell myslef to have faith (not religion-wise) that'll work out and to quit worrying

i would tell myself NOW that i should open up more, and not hold it in

10. posterchild

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would tell myself to not waste time procrastinating and just get things done.
    But I wouldn't listen.

11. Steam Giant

I'd warn myself to pay more attention in school, to take my school work more seriously, that switching from honors classes to regular classes is a terrible idea. I'd also warn myself not to join the army, not to be in denial about my sexuality...hmm, what else...I'd go way far back in time and INSIST that I brush my teeth 3 times a day! *rubs aching tooth* ; ; and um, I guess I'd go back a few days ago too and warn myself of the winning lottery numbers... ^^

12. waitingsucks

I would tell myself how to properly delete internet history. lol

13. Qevin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i would tell myself to not eat so much*

14. waitingsucks

I would tell my 13 yr old self I would loose weight soon and I should enjoy cream cakes while I could

15. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yes, similar here. I would tell myself as a 15-16 year old that being gay is fine.

Maybe that would have saved me trying to deny it to myself until I was 26, though chances are I wouldn't listen to myself either.

If I did listen then I would go back again and warn myself about HIV/AIDS.

16. EthanS

EthanS Guest

OMG..

I would tell my kid self in primary to go and talk to the other kids and not hide in the corner, I would tell my self its not hard to make friends as you think and they dont dislike you, Study.. study study.. and not break things, and dotn 4get about the baby sparrows XD

17. lodiug

I would tell myself to make more male friends!

I would also tell myself not to eat those cookies mom just baked! LOL!!

18. Samus610

I would tell myself in 5th grade to get off my butt and go outside.
    I would tell myself in to not be afraid to trust people.
    I would tell myself on my first day as a junior to get my act together, suck it up and deal with all the work.
    I would tell myself before I became depressed that I am loved by so many people and that I shouldn't care what my father thinks.
    I would tell myself to let people know what I think about certain things instead of not saying anything.
    And lastly I would tell myself that I'm beautiful and that I'm wonderful so that I would have higher self-esteem.

19. Ty

Ty Guest

I'd tell myself to stop playing with plastic washing machines, gardening and baking cakes
    -.-

20. Qevin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i would tell myself to make friend with him