1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite quotes! XD

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Free Yourself, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Free Yourself

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys:slight_smile: so I don't think I'm the only one but I LOVE quotes!! Love reading them and being able to relate to them! So I was just wondering which ones everyone likes:slight_smile:

One of my favorites is;; "If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything" -idk the author :/

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "To follow by faith alone is to follow blindly."
    -Benjamin Franklin

"No mortal can keep a secret. If his lips are silent, he chatters with his fingertips; betrayal oozes out of him at every pore."
    -Freud

“Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.”
    -John Hobbes

3. shy

shy

"Some people, as for a living, study the most complex thing: a woman's mind. I for myself settle with the easy ones like quantuum mechanics."
    -Albert Einstein

"Home is where your enemy's head is hanging on the wall"
    -Gogron Gro-Bolmog, Oblivion TES IV, dark brotherhood

"If I was a woman I would want to have your legs."
    -a female friend of mine

"It doesn't matter which way you take as long as you don't know where you want to go"
    -cheshire cat

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make them possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

"Yesterday's history. Tomorrow's a mystery. But today's a gift, that's why it's called the present." - Joan Rivers

"Your life is an occasion. Rise to it." - Mr. Magorium

"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll always be with you." - Christopher Robin

5. ultrabluecheese

"The eyes of others our prisons; their thoughts our cages."
    ―Virginia Woolf

"Each has his past shut in him like the leaves of a book, known to him by heart and his friends can only read the title."
    —Virginia Woolf

"[T]hey had heaps of theories, always theories, as young people have. It was to explain the feeling they had of dissatisfaction; not knowing people; not being known. For how could they know each other? You met every day; then not for six months, or years. It was unsatisfactory, they agreed, how little one knew people. [...] So that to know her, or any one, one must seek out the people who completed them."
    —Virginia Woolf, Mrs. Dalloway

"That was the strange thing, that one did not know where one was going, or what one wanted, and followed blindly, suffering so much in secret, always unprepared and amazed and knowing nothing; but one thing led to another and by degrees something had formed itself out of nothing, and so one reached at last this calm, this quiet, this certainty, and it was this process that people called living."
    —Virginia Woolf, The Voyage Out

"It's not cowardly to wish to live. It's the very reverse of cowardly. Personally, I'd like to go on for a hundred years [...] Think of all the things that are bound to happen!"
    —Virginia Woolf, The Voyage Out

"There must be another life, she thought, sinking back into her chair, exasperated. Not in dreams; but here and now, in this room, with living people. She felt as if she were standing on the edge of a precipice with her hair blown back; she was about to grasp something that just evaded her. There must be another life, here and now, she repeated. This is too short, too broken. We know nothing, even about ourselves."
    —Virginia Woolf, The Years

You can tell I'm part of the Woolf Pack. :slight_smile:

6. BudderMC

I love most quotes, so I think this one sums it up best for me:

7. Kidd

Kidd Guest

David Sedaris' quotes;

On American exceptionalism:
    My idol, Edie Sedgwick's quotes;

Andy Warhol's;

8. Cascade

Carl Sagan is pretty brilliant.

9. kettlkorn

All the idols made by man, however terrifying they may be, are in point of fact subordinate to him, and that is why he will always have it in his power to destroy them.
    -Simone de Beauvoir

10. shy

shy

just found this one, attempt of translation ger --> en

"In today's world we spend five times as much money on medication for male virility and silicon than on healing alzheimer's desease. Therefore, in a few years we'll have old women with big breasts and old men with boners, but non of them will be able to remember what this is good for." :thumbsup::thumbsup:

By Daruzio Varella, nobel laureate for medicine

11. philosophy4life

Philosophic:
    The principles of justice are chosen behind a veil of ignorance. -John Rawls
    Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law. -Kant
    Fear cannot be without hope nor hope without fear. -Spinoza

Funny:
    -Minds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.
    -What is The Secret? Pretend you've already achieved it- Then offer to sell The Secret to others.
    -Congress- Proudly defending the status quo long after the quo has lost its status.
    -When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
    The smart left a long time ago.

12. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    «Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.»

Steve Jobs (1955-2011)

13. SiberianHusky

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death."
    -Leonardo da Vinci