1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your favorite movie types

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Deaf Not Blind, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Deaf Not Blind

I know some girls love romance, yuck! I suffer though with friends by making rude comments all the way through it, unless I find me a shoosher...in which case I just try to irritate her all the way through! :grin:

But I was wondering what types EC members love to watch.

Please write your favorites too!

2. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hey, I like romance! >:|

And comedies, and dramas. I like a good film noir, and some action movies. I love some kids' movies, and animated films. I prefer my action in anime form, for some reason.

Ultimately, I like a good plot more than anything else.

3. DrummerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree. I like most kinds of movies if there's a good plot in them. Although I'm not a huge fan of Westerns.

4. vyvance

I rarely ever watch movies, don't think I've watched one in the last few months, but when I do I like action movies. Action, but not mindless shoot everything action movies like Untouchables. The story doesn't need to be an Oscar winner, but I need feel like I understand their motives for fighting, and I want some character development. I read books when I want a good story, so movies are kinda meh compared to books.

Some examples of action movies I like: James Bond series, Indiana Jones series, Star Wars series, Matrix series, Underworld series, and The Lord of the Rings series. My all time favorite action movie is Collateral. Story is almost good enough to make me think not all movies have utter drivel for story.

5. ryanninjasheep

Just saw brave
    By far, the darkest disney movie ive ever seen

6. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I quite like drama and fantasy movies, but I'm more into tv series than movies. Crime and medical dramas in particular tend to sit well with me. However, recently there are a lot of things to do with fairy tales that have piqued my interest - I really enjoyed Snow White and the Huntsman, and I'm also watching the tv series Once upon a Time.

7. lyn

lyn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't watch as many movies as I used to. When I do I watch fantasy and Scifi films. I am a Star Wars geek and I watch a lot of television shows. Netflix is the best for old television shows. I love Doctor Who, Supernatural, and True Blood. Just to name a few.

8. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I don't watch many movies because when I engage with fiction, my imagination gets sucked into that world for at least the next day, if not longer. So if it's a dark movie, I'm going to imagine myself in that dark world, and it won't be pleasant. For that reason, I tend to stick to comedies, which don't get their entertainment value out of sucking you into the world, and blockbusters, which tend to be easy to detach from and fairly predictable, so they're easier for me to handle psychologically.

9. i used to only watch horror, i still watch horror as a majority.
    but ive branched out into the dreaded romance/rom coms. can say they appeal to me a bit more than they did when i was younger haha.
    but i still love love love horror.

10. julia

I like almost every type of movie but I usually enjoy comedies the best. But I really, really love action/adventure and romance and horror too, heh.

11. Oblivion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Horror (even though I scare really easily i_i) and adventure/sci-fi kind of stuff.
    Although romances like Love Actually are epic too XD

12. Silvails52

I love Sci-fi, adventure, and comedy. Not a big fan of dramas.

13. ANightDude

I'm one who can literally enjoy all types of movies. Of course, I'm a huge movie nerd who's going to major in film in college, so there you go. But if a movie has a strong plot, strong characters, well made, etc., then I can usually get into it no matter the genre.

14. cenedria235

I love action, romance, scifi, fantasy & mystery. I get sucked into stories very easily and they can easily affect my mood so I tend to stay with ones that aren't super dark or at least have a somewhat happy ending. (I'm a baby and can't watch horror unless someone is willing to stay with me) Yes I LOOOOOOVE romcoms. I just watch a silly one with David Tennant from Doctor Who that was cute called The Decoy Bride on netflix. Also BearCity is a super cute romcom. Some of my other favorites are Jennifer 8, Steal big, Steal little, Beauty & the beast (I'm a little kid at heart), Firefly & Serenity, R.E.D., Guys and Balls....really there are too many to name.

15. Deaf Not Blind

YEA!!! ACTION/ADVENTURE!!!
    James Bond series, Indiana Jones series, Star Wars series, The Lord of the Rings series, and Narnia series for me! We could hang out as buddies I see. :slight_smile:

Solarcat, I will tollerate a lot for a girl. So, I can suffer again.

16. DanA

Hmmmmm, difficult to say... I guess saying my favorite directors might narrow it down. David Fincher just makes awesome movies, period. I've loved everything he's done... and that includes Panic Room. I also am an unapologetic fan of the Coen brothers' films. Same goes for Wes Anderson.

But you know what movies I absolutely looooooove? Movies where the characters are in almost hopeless survival situations. That includes movies like The Thing (the old one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), The Edge, Dawn of the Dead, Alien, The Shining, Escape from New York, Apocalypse Now, etc.

Oh, and hardcore scfi films ala Solaris, Blade Runner, 2001, Eternal Sunshine, Inception... those kinds.

17. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love romance movies, fantasy movies, and action movies.
    Romance Favorite- The Notebook
    Fantasy Favorite- No favorites
    Action Favorite- Hunger Games

18. Aeon Magus

I rarely watch movies these days. But back when it was still 'good' (for me), I'd watch comedies, romance, thrillers and "slasher" flicks and sometimes an action. The occasional Suspense movie would pop up now and then, too.

I ONLY watch movies now if it intrigues me, not just because it falls into any of those categories. Apart from this, the only thing I do with any entertainment value is from watching the serieses that I like and reading books/eBooks. :confused:

19. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

I like high action movies, steampunk movies and comic book movies a lot.