1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epic Mafia!

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Kirakishou, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Kirakishou

Eric and I introduced a game in Chat and it turned out to be a big success, so we'd like to make it a thing~
    It's called Epic Mafia. If anybody's played the party game called Mafia, it should sound very familiar.

PLEASE DO NOT LINK TO YOUR PROFILE OR POST YOUR USERNAME IN THIS THREAD OR IN THE CHATROOM. DO NOT TO LINK TO GAMES EITHER BECAUSE THIS IS AGAINST EMPTYCLOSETS POLICY AND WILL GET YOU BANNED.

Here are the basic rules:

The game cycles through night and day. Each person will be randomly assigned a role. Each role belongs to one of three teams: Mafia, Townies, and Third Party. The interface is designed like a chatroom with simple drop-down menus to perform every action in the game.

Each night, the mafia members will be gathered to have a meeting where they can talk to each other. They will collectively choose one person that night to kill. The mafia wins if they outnumber everybody else. 2 mafia and 2 townies = mafia win.

When day comes around, deaths will be announced. The village (that includes everybody, mafia, townies, and third parties) can decide whether or not to kill somebody on suspicion that they're mafia or a harmful 3rd party. If a person receives 50% or more of the votes, they will be lynched. The townies win if they successfully kill off all mafia members. If there are third party roles still alive who cannot joint-win with the townies, then the village will have to focus on lynching them in order to win.

Third party roles have special win conditions. For example, the fool will automatically win if they are lynched.

Don't worry if it all seems very confusing at first! It's a game where you have to learn as you play. Knowing your role is the key.

We are organizing games via PMs in the Chatroom, so only full members can play with us unfortunately! (You can still play on your own, but we won't be able to contact you and include you in our games.)
    If this sounds in any way interesting, please go to the website Epicmafia - Home, register an account, and activate your account through the email they send you.

If you're playing on your own, then please note the differences between Training Lobby and Sandbox Lobby. Training Lobby has ranked games and limits what roles are available for use in games. Go there if you're up for more serious and competitive games. Sandbox Lobby is unranked, all roles are available and basically anything goes.

As of now, we're organizing games by announcing it in the chatroom and sending everyone links via PM to the specific game we're in. We can also use this thread as a way of telling everybody on the forum that we're organizing a game and for them to join the chatroom if they're interested in playing.

If you have questions about anything, you can ask here or consult the Epic Mafia wiki. Epicmafia Wiki
    They have a lot of guides and detailed explanations of each role!

2. BudderMC

Oh my god, this is amazing. I was so hoping when I read the title of this thread that it'd be Mafia, and it is!

I'd be down to play if I ever got on the chatroom often enough. It's so much fun.

3. Night Rain

Ah, we used to play this almost every day at school. It was tremendously addictive! :grin: We called it The Werewolf Game though.

4. timo

I don't know this game but I do know something very much along these lines. Seems confusing indeed but I'll just give it a try :grin:

5. BudderMC

I first learned this game called/themed "Werewolf" rather than "Mafia", if that sparks anyone's memory.

6. Night Rain

I could have sworn I mentioned that we called it Werewolf... Yes, I did edit the post but somehow it didn't save...

7. FJ Cruiser

I was such an epic fail last night trying to play this... It's really not that hard. -_-

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember mafias, though I never did amazing in them except once when I was godfather and my mafia won because I kept all speculation off myself somehow lol

9. Kirakishou

Alright, Eric and I decided that we'll be waiting in Chat tonight and if enough people show up, we'll play a game.
    We'll be there starting around 9PM CST (Central time). We'll likely still be there even later than that so don't worry if you can't make it at that time specifically.

10. Kirakishou

We're hoping to start a game soon, so if anybody would like to play, come into chat. :3

11. BudderMC

Why do you guys play when I'm going to sleep? :frowning2:

(admittedly I'm just going to bed really early today because I'm tired, but still)

Have fun! Also, I hope this is going to happen again, because I really do wanna play this... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Kirakishou

Well, chat is most crowded at night. xD

13. Jonathan

This game is so much fun :grin:

14. cita

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I play this with a bunch of friends who all have trouble lying to each other. And no one knows how to actually make a proper game.

It's still really fun though.

15. Jonathan

GAH! I was soooooooo close! A game with twenty people and I almost had them lynch me round 1 as the fool! All the votes were in and only like 1 person didn't vote for me...ten seconds left until the end and someone shoots me Dx.