1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your favorite school memory

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Mackattack, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Mackattack

Mackattack Guest

I was just thinking of my favorite school memory and wanted to share with you all, feel free to share your favorite school memory as well. :grin:
    My school memory:::
    My favorite school memory was when I was in 5th grade and I accidently hit my head on a door.I ended up falling down and lying where I fell. I didn't stay there for too long. Someone called a teacher over and she came back to see what had happened. I remember that same teacher getting my teacher and explaining to her what had happened to me. My teacher then got some paper towels and told me to hold them on my forehead where I had hit it on the door,and telling me not to look at the paper towels, but I was curious and I looked anyway. When I saw blood, I started to cry. I remember my teacher walking me to the nurse's office and then her calling my parents. I remember the nurse telling my mom she thought I might need to get stitches. After getting the stitches, I went to a store and got a new pair of shoes. When I went back to school the next day, my friend was really excited and wanted to look at my forehead where I had to get the stitches.
    lol So that's my favorite school memory that I have. What are some of your favorite school memories you've had?

2. Sanssouci

I don't have that many happy memories, I went to a weird school (not religious or anything, just old fashioned). I suppose the time I started hitting a bully back, and the teacher took my side was a highlight.

3. SunSparks

Well, leaving all the horrible things away, my favorite memory was a who. It was the third grade - I was new the the school... so was this guy named Mathew. Obviously, at this point I didn't know I was gay or anything - just innocent friendship - but I remember him... he was the nicest person ever, I really mean that; and looking back, he was really cute! He moved in just a few months after the school year started but if he turned out to be gay, I wouldn't be surprised. Lol, if only he had stayed xD

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was in year 8, my friends and I spent the better part of the year putting this together. It was special.

5. LSunday

I'd have to say it was the closing night of our school musical senior year... More than half of the 30-person cast were seniors, and out of us 6 have been doing the shows since freshman year. Being together as a cast for what will probably be the last time was sad, but that one day was just amazing for all of us.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My favorite memory is the trip that I took with my broadcasting class. We went to New Your for 5 days. I also got to see a live taping of Late Night With Jimmy Fallon. (I high fived him!!!!)

7. oreoskidz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When I was in eighth grade, we were reading Romeo and Juliet and we started to watch the movie and there was a scene where they were naked, which wasn't really all that funny, but my teacher would add a little side comments to make it hilarious. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my entire life. And my mind is really dirty, so that made it even better.

Romeo get out of the bed and opened the window, and he was completely naked, so when he opened the window my teacher was just like," oh my God you have just scarred so many little children for life. Look away children!"

I don't know why I found it so funny, but I did. Oh, and this all happened on my 14th birthday.

8. Mackattack

Mackattack Guest

Thanks for sharing your stories everyone! I'm getting a kick out reading them! Keep them coming! :slight_smile:

9. armsoutfarther

I guess I have to say when I won Student Council President in 7th grade. I had to make a speech in front of the whole school (I was a nervous wreck!) but I managed to do it and I won (which was a huge surprise for me). So, one of the best memories I have :slight_smile:

10. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry to lower the tone, what with everyone being so cultural, but my favourite school memory is Arnie - my rugby teacher - swoon, faint, blush - 40 years later and I can still see him with his shirt off:grin:

11. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I think...the Day Of Silence last year was really an interesting time for me. and then there are all the little things in between incidents. Skipping down the hallway with my arms linked with four or five of my friends and singing BOTDF ... ahh- those were the days. :3

12. FJ Cruiser

In retrospect, I had a great time at school apart from the 7th and 8th grades where I made a mistake in which school I went to, so I have quite a few, but here are some highlights.

- At the end of sixth grade, we had a party to signify the end of the school year and the end of elementary school. We took a day off of school to drive to a camp an hour outside of town where we played volleyball, did ropes courses, swam, and it was topped off with a massive mud fight.

- I was part of the recycling crew at my high school where we put together a paper recycling program since my hometown is backward in many ways and doesn't pick up recycling (you have to drop it off at one of their centers if you want to recycle :/). Anyway, we were excited to get these large bins that were basically large trashcans with two wheels. In our excitement, we decided it was a good idea to get in these bins and push each other around, racing around the school. Well when I was pushing a friend, I tried to go up a ramp, and it changed the center of gravity to where I ended up dropping the bin, dumping my friend and hundreds of papers all over the hallway. All of us were laughing so hard we could barely function for several minutes.

Also, being part of the committee, we got the master key from the principal when we did our weekly rounds of the high school, and we were able to use that to climb up the bell tower, explore the attic above the third floor, party on the roof of the library, and explore our eccentric physics teacher's mysterious closet.

- My high school also had amazing English teachers. One was a middle-aged hippy who liked to point out the sexual subtleties in the literature we read, and she spawned some awesome discussions. Not to mention her classroom was beautiful. (My high school was built in the Depression, so there's tons of custom artistry and woodwork that employed many workers, and her classroom got special attention.) Another English teacher I had was an unassuming looking woman in her 60s, but she was a black belt in tae kwan do, an ordained Episcopalian minister, and a world traveler through her ministry work. Her class was amazing and deep as well.

13. itsjoanna

My favourite memory was my grade 8 grad trip to Quebec! It was amazing and very fun. We all bonded that day, and I talked to people I never talked to. Something I'm going to remember for the rest of my life. I remember, all the teachers gave us $20. Also, the food we ate was delicious! ahaha

There was this one trip I had to an amusement park with all the band members (grade 9 - 12) and it was raining! Everyone was soaking wet by the end of the day, but none of us cared. Our chaperones went on the coasters with us!

I have a lot of funny memories, more to come since I'm still in school. Which will be starting again in less than a month :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Kidd

Kidd Guest

My favorite memory from high school is my accelerated chemistry class from my junior year. There were 12 people in that class, and all of them were my friends. What really made the class fun though was my teacher, who was just a total nut. He wore a white lab coat at all times, even when he wasn't at school or in the lab. He'd wear it to Walmart and around town, and he had a long white beard like Dumbledore. Kids used to say that he never took his lab coat off because his arms were covered in tattoos. He taught my parents when they were in high school, then he retired, and then he was persuaded to come back to teach once the science department expanded. We were his first class after he came back.

When you would pass him in the hallway he would grunt at you. He would never say hello or ask you how you were doing, he would just grunt or growl at you like an animal. On the first day of class he brought in a miniature baking soda cannon and set it off in the hallway. He would always play tricks on people and he told the truth exactly as he saw it, and he saw everything different from everyone else I've ever met. We always did really fun experiments and my love and I were lab partners back then, and that was honestly where we became sidekicks. We were always the first ones to finish every lab.

Towards the end of the year he was diagnosed with cancer and the radiation made him too sick to teach. We didn't know he was sick and leaving until the day he actually left. He was sitting at the front of the room at his desk and started to tear up, and then he told us he was leaving and started sobbing. He made all of us turn our desks around and face the back of the room so we couldn't watch him cry. He hugged us all goodbye and then left. He's still alive, but I haven't seen or heard from him in a long time. But whenever he runs into one of us he still won't say hello. He still grunts at us.

#14 Kidd, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
  15. rossicacid182

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Recently last year this kid in my class had his phone ring and he picked it up and proceeded to talk and then have a whole conversation about what to do over the weekend.
    I almost pissed my pants it was hilarious, the teachers just glared at him.

16. Graduating from High school. Not because it was fun or memorable, but because it meant that my 12 years of government mandated education was over.

I'm sorry, but whoever said that High school is the "best time of your life" is a liar. For me, Middle and High school continuously shifted from being dull to downright awful. College is the best time I've had so far in my life and I can only look forward to many more great years in the "real world".

17. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't have many. I'd say my favorite was hanging out with my friends in the cafeteria before drama rehearsal after school.

I would always buy chocolate milk and a muffin from the vending machine. Good times.

18. Theory

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Probably so far... Cross Country. My friends and Coach made me be a co-manager with my now-bestfriend and her friend and all we did was walk around and talk the entire season and my now-bestfriend is the person i have a huge crush on and she was like constantly kissing me on the head and hugging me and we all have inside jokes from it. Also Coach gave us soooo many lectures but no matter how serious we laughed through them and he was so pissed but he is the best best best teacher/coach ever which made it even better. (I'm babbling... oops)

19. Fallible

My favorite school memory was when our sixth grade teacher made us watch like six one-hour-long videos about nature, and my friend and I goofed off the entire time in the back of the room.. Good thing he didn't make us take a quiz on it.. LMAO

20. Silvails52

How could you ask me to pick one?! There are so many happy and funny memories! Let's see... Okay, Junior year, my choir and I went on a trip to Baltimore, Maryland. We went to the Hard Rock Cafe, sang in a competition, went to King's Dominion (the BEST rollercoaster park in the US), and came back after three days. Awesome time!

Or it could be this year when the choir went to Hershey Park. My crush (at the time) fell asleep. He shifted in his sleep and slept for a little on my shoulder. Then he nuzzled into my side with my arm wrapped around him. That moment (well, longer than a moment. More like two hours) were indescribable. I felt so happy, I thought I would die.