1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do if the one you love turned opposite gender one day?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Kuroi, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Imagine. One day you enter the bed with person you love mostly in the world. And then you wake up from horrible nightmare in which you saw him/her die. You turn to him/her for comfort and assurance of their safety feeling completely scared and lost, panicking. Instead of the one you just saw die and you almost fell in tears for, you find a person, similar in looks yet different in gender. Scared and out of mind you let out a scream or other noise loud enough to weaken the stranger in your bed and he/she replies with “what’s wrong honey?” as if this was the way it always was. For what reason the person you cared most deeply has morphed is a mystery to you. Maybe you were hallucinating different gander the whole time and only now realized your denial. Maybe the God is punishing you for a sinful act or a cure has fallen upon you. Maybe a portal of a different dimension has opened and switched the one you love with its opposite gander double, or maybe you switched. That much you don’t know, and will never know. However something about that stranger feels the same as before. The face and everything else physically looks so similar and somehow you feel that the personality is the same from the way he/she spoke to you moments, which felt like hours, ago.

What do you do? Do you try to make it work seeing as how the person is the same only with different set of reproductive organs? Do you feel the same? Of course there is no way of knowing any of this for sure, we can only guess.

For good manners I’ll guess about myself first.

I believe that I would, because of the way I think about this world, spend several months acting distant while trying to make a rational explanation. When that would fail I would, seeing how nothing besides gender changed, try to make it work. I might never again be able to sleep with that person however I wouldn’t care much. However I think that the relationship would soon end, because of me “suddenly” acting different and distant. That is my guess.

Your turn now, and good luck.(*hug*)

2. Gen

Gen

If I was bisexual I would definitely still try to make it work because, as you said its only their gender, they are still the same person.

However not being bisexual, I would have to say that it honestly wouldnt work. I would still care about them and still want to be close, but I couldnt see them in a relationship/attraction sense. I would still love them as a person, but I couldnt see myself actually with them.

3. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hmmmm... either *gets gun. kills self* or i might turn straight cos he's perfect

4. julia

Honestly, if I loved her and she changed into a he I would try to make it work. I think if I was really invested in the relationship, I don't think it would bother me too much. It would definitely take a while to get used to though. I'm not sure if I would ever be 100% happy though, but I would definitely try.

5. Ianthe

Wait. The person doesn't know their gender changed?

Well, in this scenario, I would immediately tell my partner what was up. If their gender has really changed, that would be something they need to know. And if I'm insane, that would be something I need to know.

And I would try to make it work. I have given this matter considerable thought, actually, and in an existing relationship, I would try to make it work.

Your description leaves the face looking the same, so that would make it easier for me--I don't care all that much about the "reproductive organs," per se, but I'm noticeably less attracted to anyone who's face has been masculinized by a male puberty.

(I was really upset when I realized that, because I always like really masculine girls in terms of gender expression, and I think it's very possible that I could get into a relationship with someone who ends up wanting to transition someday. I'm really very afraid of finding myself in a relationship where we are deeply attached, but I can no longer be fulfilled romantically or sexually. I am very relieved to have avoided being a lesbian in a straight marriage, and I have a kind of dread of ending up in that situation anyway. I really wish that I could say confidently that my partner transitioning would not mean the end of our relationship. But I can't.)

But I would try to make it work. I don't know how the established attachment to the other person might affect my feelings--maybe it would be okay. Maybe.

6. Kuroi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No they think that they were always that way

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Ignoring the obvious unfortunate implications of finding out that your partner has always been the opposite sex that you thought they were...

I would have to say no, I couldn't stay in the relationship. I'm physically attracted to men exclusive--I've been romantically attracted to women before (really strongly, in fact), but that romantic attraction didn't translate to physical attraction, so I know that wouldn't happen in this scenario. If I'm not physically attracted to someone, I won't want to have sex with them. And for me, sex is the ultimate expression of my love for someone. If it's not part of the relationship, I'm not going to feel fulfilled (and I doubt my partner will, either). So no, I'd have to cut the relationship off.

8. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

So if MY current girlfriend turned into a dude? I'd probably be fine with that. Except the lack of boobs. I'd miss that...

9. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Like you said its "One day".... so... why not have sex??? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Yuri

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i agree with Z3ni. have sex

11. FollowtheFreeman

One of the few times when being pansexual is totally awesome.

12. patience

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm pretty pragmatic and I'm not really that stubborn when it comes to my own reality. I like my world to shift drastically now and again.

That being said, I would try to take the change in stride. I'd get out of bed like usual. Brush my teeth amid his (ahem, now her) witty banter. I would look for things like double the feminine products I usually use, a second bra-and-panties drawer in our chest of drawers, or a change in the nature of the sex toys our toy drawer for verification that she was a man yesterday. If all of that were lacking, I'd go about my day. If nothing super-traumatic happened during that day (I get a frantic call from her explaining how everyone at her work is completely confused because she was a man yesterday...,) I'd assume that I had had a bit of a psychological fugue and move on.

Now, I love my husband as a man. Lust after him for that reason as well. But I like to think that I'm attracted to far, far more than just his gender.

But maybe that's a bi thing.

13. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So the question you're asking is what happens if by magic the person I loves changes to the opposite sex not gender.

Time to have sex, y'all.

14. Zontar

This is actually a crushing reality for many people in relationships who discover their partners are transsexual.

I personally could do either sex so this would be of no incident.

15. everett

Find myself a way to transform myself into the same sex =D

16. gobadgers

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd fuck every hot straight dude I could find haha

17. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status: