1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In this thread, we converse in the manner of stately gentlemen

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by castiel, Oct 14, 2012.

1. castiel

Hello there! How do you do! In this thread, we must act prim and proper; no loitering about here! Only intellectual conversations about the croquet results and the latest episode of Downton Abbey.
    Anyone fancy tea and crumpets?

2. Pyrotactick

Good day to you, my good sir/ma'am/zer(sorry D: correct me please)! I say, it's quite the sporting conditions for a good game of croquet, how do you fancy a good couple swings for the time being?

3. castiel

Oh nonsense! Call me Lord Highness!

Although I am rather in the mood for some croquet! I shall meet you out on the green in just five minutes. I must remind the servents to prepare a banquet for the dinner, for Lord and Lady Kensington who are visiting this evening. I met them during my summer, where we were both staying in a hotel in the south of France.

4. everett

Indeed. The brandy is so...shallow. I say Johnathan, where is my dancing mice?

5. rg93

My word...

*comes down the stairs from his fancy room on the 3rd floor of the mansion...*

What is this rumpus and commotion all about? Θ ̨Θƪ
    Can't a fine sir attend to his weekly nap on this superb sunday afternoon?

6. castiel

Oh I do say, dancing mice! How preposterous! You seem to have come down with something awful. No matter. We shall summon the doctor to investigate this at once.

[on a side note: all this watching Downton Abbey has paid off]

7. CalebCael

Jolly day old chaps! I say! What is this utter poppycock that I have just stumbled upon?

8. castiel

This, my friend, is the Gentlemen thread. It is no mere poppycock!
    I say, how is everyone doing today? I'll send Jeeves for some tea and we can all have a nice chat.

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kind sir, would it be appropriate if, while consuming tea, we can consider the implications of how our society seems to have lost interest for such proper and appropriate discourse, and what actions we might take to remedy such a despicable state of affairs?

10. CalebCael

It would seem so. Truly, how could anyone lose interest in acting in such an upright fashion? If I may inquire, why would someone choose not to act in such a manner? It is simply the only way to go about life! We must fix this situation at once!

11. Emberblaze

Aye yo bruh what up wit all these up tights! Shiiit i dont be wantin no tea and crumpets, I want some corn bread and purple drank!!!!

Oh, my most dearest apologies to you all! I seem to have equipped my mind with a persona that proved to be MOST inappropriate for this setting. Please accept my most humble apologies!

12. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Magnificent anecdote, fraternal figure! Please repeat it!

13. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By jove! Capitol idea for a topic of discussion my good sir, Capitol indeed.

I often find that my daily vernacularity is quite within the restrictions allotted to such a discussion, so I am indeed thrilled to discover a gathering of similarly inclined individuals eager to enjoy the majesty of monacles and bombastically babble about.

It shall be a sad day indeed for the world when the refined art of being a Gentleman is lost to those low-trousered hooligans who harbor no regard for anyone aside from their "bros" and their "hos". For it is those of us who have mastered the true art of gentlemanly mannerisms and conduct, as well as the art contained therein, who posess the most, as they say, swag.

[​IMG]

14. CalebCael

Indubitably good sir! If I do say so myself the fine art of gentlemanly conversation making is quite an undervalued skill! One would naturally assume it would be how everyone would prefer to communicate their ideas, alas the merriment that we all seem to share appears to be lost on them. Most unfortunate really, as conversing in such a manner as this is clearly far superior to any other form of communication! I'm most certainly ecstatic to meet others with this same interest as I!

15. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Must I speak as a gentleman, and not, perchance, as a Lady, as would be more befitting of my sex? I say, though, it is a most wonderful idea indeed, to add a nice splash of culture to this board. Cheers!

16. Ticklish Fish

O wherefore I see myself read and impersonal these noble scripts in the voice of British fellows?

17. JillandJill

Quite brilliant, chaps, I do say this thread rather caught my eye. Thought I'd drop by and say cheers all arond, and may I perchance upon the assumption that all are enjoying their lives at this moment. Do continue.

18. timo

Not a thousand words can describe how much this sentence amuses me.

19. Chip chip cheerio My good homosexual gentlemen I have arrangements of the highest courts with the stressed up most importance So I shall see the a quarter of 6.

*jumps out window*

20. SleepingAnyways

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh dear, I must say I never expected such radical behaviour from Mister B. Actually, I have to admit I never expected anything from anyone. I was not even here from the beginning! I am mostly certain I might come and haunt you people of weathiness. Anyways yo, anyone want some f***ing tea?