1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random Acts of Kindness

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Pret Allez, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd love to see what kind of ideas people come up with to do simple, low-cost things to improve other people's day just that little bit to make the difference.

So here's the game. If you carried out a random act of kindness, please post it here so that we can all learn from your example.

2. AAASAS

I chauffeur my co-workers home sometimes and never ask for gas money even though they`re like 40 kilometres out the way.

I bought a pizza for me and my friends the other night because I was hunger.

My acts of kindness usually involve me being an idiot with my money.

If you count holding the door for people I am a saint, I once got stuck at a mall door for like 3 minutes.

3. LightningRider

I never fail to pick stuff up for someone if they've dropped it.
    eg. Lady dropped her bag of groceries and a bottle of (i think) bleach rolled out and away from her and I went and grabbed it for her.
    eg#2. Man carrying his toddler daughter around Big W didn't notice when she pulled her hairband off her head and chuck it. So I picked it up and handed it back to him. :slight_smile:

If someone is short a few cents or a dollar when buying something at my work, I always check my wallet to see if I can pay the difference for them.

I've probably done other things but those are the ones I do most. :slight_smile:

4. My friend and I saw a family struggling to get their car off the street in the middle of town because their car ran out of gas. We stopped behind them and helped push it out of the way and gave them gas money.

5. Drakey

whenever I go to a restaurant or other venues like that, I sometimes do some of the chores for the employees so that they don't need to waste time on me and they have more time to do their jobs.

6. Romi

So today, I went ahead and cleaned my aunt's work space for her without being asked. She didn't expect me to, either. Didn't say I was doing it. It was pretty random, too. I just did it when I noticed all the dust and such.

Last week there was a man on the side of the road. One of the local homeless. I gave him my bread and some candy that was stashed in the car. I would have liked to give him my water as well, but seeing as how I'd already drunk half of it, I thought it might be rude. Still. There was that.

7. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I helped my dad and his girlfriend move her boxes into the house on Monday.
    Whenever there is brownie mix, I make some brownies and next time, I'm going to bring some to school for my friends :3

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friend like the caramel apple spice at Starbucks, so if I stop in and I know he is working, I get him one

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You all have done great acts of kindness. Even if they seem small to you, they might make the difference between a stressed, angry person saying or doing something she regrets, or not doing it. Actions -> Habits -> Character.

It's been snowing a lot here, because it's Montana, and that's what we exist for: enduring snow. Over this week, I have helped push or guide two people whose cars got stuck. One lady even wanted to pay me, and all I did was tell her to drive a different way out of the slick she created for herself. :S

10. Compliments mostly.

11. GirlNextDoor

GirlNextDoor Guest

Pretty much random little things like holding the door, compliments, pretending not to notice when people copy answers off my schoolwork... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. CTJ

CTJ

I work in retail, I am essentially paid to make many small acts of kindness everyday.

13. MatthewJS

I said this to my crush, "You have nice handwriting." And he does!

14. beyondb1rthday

Out Status:
    A few people
    I usually tip my waiters/waitress bit of extra if I have enough~ :wink:

15. Torii

(First I want to say that I don't really feel comfortable talking about the stuff I've done for people cause the truth is I just like helping people and not asking for anything in return O///O)

But anyway the most recent one I remember is that while I was with my cousin (and her mom and we were at Walmart ^-^) I saw this one lady whose leg was broken and she was really struggling to get her groceries into her car at first I was thinking 'I should really go help her' but I thought that might be weird so I didn't but when she dropped one of her crutches I just couldn't stand it anymore and so I told my aunt to stop the car (we were driving around and looking for a parking spot) and I got out and helped her and then I pushed the cart back to the store for her.

Another was while I was staying at my Aunt's house (different aunt from before) and I couldn't sleep one night so I got out of bed and was walking around when I figured I might as well do something so I cleaned her entire kitchen :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and then I went to bed. Then in the morning I woke up and I when I walked out of the living room towards the kitchen I saw my aunt just standing there with this look of shock and apreciation on her face (ok she was crying) it made me feel kinda scared like I had done something wrong and so I went up to her and apologized and she just turned and looked at me and asked "You did this?" I just said "yeah" and then she hugged me and she was crying (I was freaking out) and I guess she was happy cause she just kinda went into the kitchen after that and started making breakfast and so I kinda shrugged and went to help her (It's at this time that I feel I should say that my aunts house is always messy cause she has three kids and no time to clean :frowning2: )

16. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hold doors open for people. :thumbsup:

17. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I loooove and to Starbucks and picking at the tab for for the person behind me! :slight_smile:)))

---------- Post added 2nd Feb 2014 at 02:12 PM ----------

I go to Starbucks and pay for the coffee for the person behind me.

18. FrozenFae

I'm trying to quit smoking....but its very difficult for me. I use cigarettes as an excuse to cope with stress and I love the social aspects of smoking with people.

One tactic I use to help keep myself off the tobacco is this. Every time I relapse, I go out and give ten dollars (roughly the cost of two packs of cigarettes) to a random stranger. I'll buy their groceries at the corner store, or I'll just hand off the bill and tell them to pay it forward to someone down on their luck in the future.

I make someone's day a little brighter, and I give myself a reprimand for smoking.

19. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The most recent I remember is offering my mini-croissants to the mister sitting next to me in the bus. I was just feeling bad for eating without politely offering some of my food. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: