1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best concert you've been to?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by GayforGuys, Dec 4, 2012.

1. GayforGuys

Just curious to see what the best concert you've been to is,

Mine was a very recent one actually, went to see Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson on their 'Twins Of Evil' tour, and holy f*ck it was incredible!! Manson was on top form all night, crowd was amazing, pits were brutal, had some very interesting costumes as always, couldn't have asked for more. Was so buzzing after his set was over I forgot Zombie was even playing and when he did, he did not disappoint, definitely deserving of the second performance. 'Dragula' to finish was obvious but insanely satisfying! :grin:
    Might sound like jiberish to some people what I've just said haha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    So! People of EC, what has been your best concert experience?

2. Romi

I honestly haven't been to many concerts in my life, but my absolute favorite, the best, happens to be the very first one I went to.

I was in fifth grade and I saved up the $42 it took to buy my own ticket. No, my parents didn't buy it for me. So many chores went into getting that ticket. It was so that I could go see Led Zeppelin with my Dad and his friends.

When the day came...I was ecstatic. My very first concert! My favorite group! My dad! And I was a boy among men. It felt good t be running with the big dogs.

Well, they actually had an opening act and it was this violin rocker chick that I fell in love with right then and there. So did my dad. We went out and bought her album the very next day, and it's still one of my favorites. Lili Haydn.

Anyway. On to the main act. We were in the second or third row. Got there because I was a cute kid. Perks of being little at things like this. The show was fantastic! Let's just say...it was unforgettable. The best part?

Jimmy Page...the one and only Jimmy Page, in all of his amazing awesome gloriousness....blew a kiss and winked at me.

No joke.

Forever the best concert.

3. GayforGuys

It's Led Zeppelin, how could it be anything less than epic!
    I'll definitely check out Lili Haydn, doesn't sound like my cup of tea to be honest, BUT I love discovering new people/bands/whatever I can find. You honestly have no idea how jealous I am right now Jimmy Page blew a kiss to you :eek: You're SO lucky hahaha!

4. spiderweb

spiderweb Guest

American Idol 2012 Summer Tour...I have been a fan since I was in primary school....always been my dream!

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Rammstein, no questions asked. They put on an amazing show; the pyrotechnics alone were worth going for. And they played every single song of theirs that I like, including an extended performance of my favorite song of theirs, "Mein Teil". It was a fantastic time.

6. Given To Fly

I've seen lots of bands over the years. David Bowie, Bon Jovi, The Who, Paul Weller, Wezzer, Bowling For Soup, The Darkness, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, RATM, Metallica, Placebo, Muse, Ryan Adams, Jesse Malin, The Lemonheads, The Mars Volta, Stereophonics - so a bit of a mix.

My favourite though, so far anyway, was Eddie Vedder's (singer from Pearl Jam) 2nd night at London's Hammersmith Apollo in July this year. I'd already seen the previous shows in Manchester and London that week, and have since seen two more shows in Orlando, Florida, but none top that gig. It had already been a pretty great show, but when Roger Daltry from The Who stepped onto the stage to join Eddie in a couple of Who covers that really made my night. :grin:

7. Took My Youth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I went to Take That's Progress Live last year, it was the best day of my life I think.

I've loved them for a long time and I queued outside in the cold for 14 hours to be at the front, and I managed to beat 50,000 people to the front and hold their hands, and Mark looked at me while holding my hand and sang to me a very emotional song. So it was SO amazing.

8. timo

Oh god I've been to so many concerts it's hard to name the best one. Long post is long again.

One that I'll always remember is the second concert I ever went to. I even remember the actual date: november 25th, 2008. My favourite band of all time, Foals. I was excited beyond words, weeks before the actual gig. It turned out legendary. I really loved their music on cd, but apparently I also loved them live. And it got me hooked on going to concerts, this was only the second one I went to but in the four years after I went to a LOT more.

Another legendary Foals concert was two years later, november 2010. Internet rumors said they were to play one of their oldest songs as an encore. One I've never seen them play live. BUT we had to catch the last train back home. And yes, time to go... and no trace of the old song. At least not until we almost left. I told my friends I would go back in to see it and, well, see if I'd make it to the train. So I went back in, danced my ass off in the back of the venue and had to run like crazy to catch the train. On the way back I fell flat on my face at least twice cause it was super slippery outside but OH BOY it was worth it. And I made it to the station in time :grin:

And... Massive Attack. Summer 2010. They were playing at a festival me and some friends were attending. We were in the very first row to watch The xx then decided to stay in the first row to see Massive Attack. None of us actually knew them, apart from Teardrop, but it was the only interesting band to play at that time. So we stayed and watched, in awe. It was so good. SO GOOD. Unforgettable. The music was haunting, the visuals mindblowing. Even though I didn't know their music it was the best thing I've seen all weekend. And, 2,5 years later, still one of the best things I've ever seen.

See for yourself (video from German tv, not mine):
    [youtube]qB5EqNe5Jxo[/youtube]

So yeah, that's the concert highlights up to 2010. I've got a lot more but that's for another post if you're interested :grin:

9. a gallows gig yeeeeears back :grin:

10. GayforGuys

They're playing Download...and guess who's going! :grin:

11. Koalaman

Hmm. Hard choice. Either one of the times I saw Skindred (the last two Downloads), Black Sabbath at Download this year or both times I saw Korn. It's a hard choice, but those were probably the best :grin:

I SHOULD BE GOING!!! :grin: For my third time in a row :badgrin:

---------- Post added 5th Dec 2012 at 08:13 PM ----------

But I'm forgetting Iron Maiden, System of a Down and Machine Head, who were all really amazing as well. And Foo Fighters.

12. GayforGuys

You've been to Download!!:eek: I'm SO jealous of you!
    Losing my Download Virginity this year :icon_bigg with none other than Iron Maiden, Slipknot and Rammstein headlining!
    Roll on June!!!

13. Koalaman

Those headliners are amazing! I really can't wait! :grin: You'll love it!!!

14. Given To Fly

Maiden! Maybe I'll actually get to see them one day - one of the few bands I've never seen but would like to :slight_smile:

15. wilkysarah

wilkysarah Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been to a really good red sea pedestrians concert, it was AMAZING!!!!!

16. julia

I was really into the Jonas Brothers from 8th grade to 11th grade and went to, I think, 7 of their concerts. For one of them my two best friends and I bought tickets that were third row for the concert and we also got to see them do soundcheck. We had the absolute best time, and even though I'm not into them anymore, the memories of that day/night remain dear to me.

#16 julia, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  17. Katelynn

I go to so many concerts that this is a hard question, but recently the best I saw was this past summer - Iron Maiden with Alice Cooper opening. I was standing pretty damn close to the front, so I had an amazing view too! Well worth every cent I paid for the VIP ticket too!

18. timo

I really want to see them some day... too bad their old singer left. I'm afraid the new one isn't nearly as good.

19. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nickelback Concert :grin:
    I've only been to two concerts my whole life; Nickelback and Billy Ray Cyrus but Nickelback is the best!

20. leer

this year
    recently Elbow fantastic concert almost as good as stone roses
    last year
    stone roses Manchester - mental just amazing .
    also
    Take That Manchester with a friend and it was different

also went to see arcade fire few years ago my first concert ever loved it