1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Words you hate?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by unsuspecting, Dec 25, 2012.

1. unsuspecting

Word Game
    Just was wondering if there was certain words you wish people could never use again; essentially like a 'word ban list'. I personally don't ever wanna hear these words:

:thewave: :thewave:​

1. Homo - No idea why I don't like this word it just sounds weird to me (as in homophobia, homosexual, homosapien, ect.)
    2. Buttocks - Who uses this anymore?! Seriously, it's either :***: or butt.
    3. Chunky - Reminds me of throw up....
    4. melancholy - Sounds like a happy mood but it's the opposite dang you english grammar :1
    5. Slacks - I honestly never hear this word, except from my great grandparents.
    6. Raymond - I simply don't like this name :lol: even though it is my brother's name...
    7. Ramen noodles - I'm sick of arguing on how it is meant to be said, i say it my way, you say it yours.... shut up and eat it :rolle:
    8. Cartilage - Sounds so gross :confused:
    9. Xylophone - How many poor kids had to write this on their letter to santa?
    10. Peacock - This word confuses me... since when does a peacock look like a pea or a cock?

:thewave: :thewave:​

Ok, now it's your turn to tell me what words you hate!

2. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can't think of any but now I have this stuck in my head. :roflmao:

[YOUTUBE]O1jJENKW1nI[/YOUTUBE]

3. cloudburn

seep; seepage etc. gross.

4. Salazar

Satchel. Eurgh it just makes me cringe.

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Cloture. I first heard the word in my Intro to American Politics class, and it was the bane of my ears whenever we'd talk about Congressional proceedings. Forget moist--say moist all you want around me--no other word I know has the same power to make me squirm that "cloture" does. There are other words that bother me too, but they're so far from "cloture" that I can't even remember them.

Side note: one of my hobbies is working the word "moist" into conversations in entirely relevant ways, like talking about the weather when it's foggy out. :badgrin:

6. Zontar

"Swole". I'm so swole, dude, look at me. Totally jacked. So swole I'm diesel man bro dude UGH

"Nigger". The sum of white trash in a single word. Yo Bran-dine, hop in da truck and let's get us some tater wedges from dat nigger up da street! It's like they're so stupid they don't know what a "connotation" is, much less which ones are blatantly negative.

"Shiz". Are you fourteen and a victim of stroke-related vocal paralysis? Then Shiz is the Shit substitute you've been looking for! It's even perfect for that lazy talker in your family! With "z" and "t" so far apart on the keyboard, nobody will ever suspect it's a typo, they'll just think you're barely smart enough to operate a computer!

"nd". One inch to the left and 5 millimeters down is all you need to do not to sound like an idiot. nd nd nd, IT'S ONE BLOODY LETTER

"Goochy". Is that what doctors are calling it now? Open up, time to check your goochy. I'm afraid your goochy has an infection, ma'am.

"Obvs". Good work! Your attempt to say "obviously" has conjured up this idea of being a huge douchebag. Waiter, I'd like a side of swole with my obvs please.

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Do you mean "coochy"? I'm pretty sure "goochy" is a fashion label (although it might not be spelled that way, I'm not sure :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

Ugh, yes. Hearing that word come out of non-PoC's mouth makes my respect for them immediately plummet. I know some people who use it "for the shock value"; Christ, get the fuck out of here. If you want to be shocking, at least be creative with it.

8. Greendalehumans

Vein. I don't know why, but veins creep me the hell out :/
    Moist, definitely. My sister hates it so much, though, so we tend to say it around her :slight_smile:
    Curdle. It's just an awkward word.

9. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Flap. I used to be ok with this word until about two months ago. My co-worker was telling me about her family member laying in a hospital bed for too long and rubbing the back of his leg raw, which later turned into an infection. The doctor had to cut out the infected skin and tissue and make him a skin flap (good god almighty) so it could heal. :eusa_sick
    YES! Thank you!
    This is my sister's most hated word, lol! But I agree. Veins are gross. ;-;

10. unsuspecting

:eusa_clap hahaha forgot about that song! Another word i realllyyy hate is the V word (as in a girl's part) it's not that I don't like them it's just the word itself it's like that one word you never really wanna say and when you do you cringe hahaha. I don't mind the other versions of it (as in vajayjay,vag, ect... I'm sorry if i shouldn't be saying them words haha).

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fag/faggot~~ for obvious reasons.

Panties~~ There is no casual way to say this word. It's either formal enunciation of "pant-ees" or a Jeff Foxworthy-sounding "pannies". Either way, being male and talking about this usually is slightly awkward.

Swag~~ If you say this word without the intention to make fun of it, you are human filth. I just don't have it in my heart to tolerate people this unabashedly stupid.

flip flops~~ Love the actual shoes, but the name is very cumbersome and just sounds sloppy.

That's all I can think of for now.

12. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I hate the words moist, chunky, and I cannot stand when people say twat.

13. FunnyMonkey

I really hate the words people, again and about as I can never them right with my dyslexia. and I also hate all hate word.

14. Gen

Gen

~"Farting". I kid you not, I am constantly cringing as I write this. Such a disgusting act with such a disgusting title. And dont give me this shit about 'everybody does it'. Not Gen! I refuse! And I sure as hell wouldnt go around puting it on display and making a mockery of it for all to be amused.

~"Therefore", because it is almost always misused by people trying to sound intelligent. If I hear one more, "I did this____/This happened, therefore ________ ". No! Just stop. That is completely unnecessary and we both know it. If you want to sound smart, actually try to expand your vocabulary. Dont simply repeat the same word over and over again.

~This is not technically a word, but the phrase "that makes no sense" is the only thing that will literally make me snap. I might just start choking you out... Its stressing me out just talking about it because people use it all the time, everywhere. Why?!?! You would never saying something like that in any other pairing of words. "I did no homework." "I ate no food." No, you wouldnt because that wouldnt make any F$%#$%G sense. Someone please kill this phrase. BURN IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brutal, but I couldnt agree more.

15. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG, I love farting! It is so juvenile, but universally funny. Or not if you're stuck up like this Gen character. :dry: :wink:

16. SkyDiver

Tendons, ligaments, flexible...

and anything that has to do with the female reproductive system.

17. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Doesn't sound bad to me. It's just used to give the end result after a chain of events, or that's at least how I use it. And it must REALLY grind your gears if anybody says its Latin translation "ergo" in order to impress people with their smarts.

I always saw this as a way to emphasize quantity versus a true or false. "I made no money" versus "I didn't make money." The first shows a sort of "efficiency report" while the second one reads more as success or failure. And seeing how some things can make a little bit of sense (using a watering can against a raging inferno) they don't often make enough to justify their use.

I know I'm getting horribly pedantic, but nit-picking over language is sort of fun for me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: As long as you don't say I'm "over-analyzing" it, because people say this to me and I reply "Doesn't analyzing something mean studying ALL of it?"

18. Hiems

Do not take a human anatomy course or touch an anatomy textbook. You will encounter those things ad nauseam :lol:

Anyways, I don't like homophobic slurs. Apart from those, I'm not really hostile to any other words.

19. Gen

Gen

I know, it doesnt seem like it would be that bad. I wouldnt have given it much thought until recently. Personally, I have a fairly broad vocabulary. Though its not as noticeable unless you have read my writing or have listened to me speak passionately about something, because I have learned to tone it down and not turn into one of those people who try garner attention through their words. Anyway, I have this friend who uses the word "Therefore" constantly, literally atleast once ever few minutes and when I asked why it was apparantly because he 'wants to broaden his vocabulary and wishes he could speak like me' or something along those lines.

I dont judge level of vocabulary used others and no one should. If you legitimately want to work on the way you speak, by all means. But dont try to use language to raise you 'appeared' intelligence. Show that in what you say, not how you say it.

Stop over-analyzing it! ^-^

But seriously... I see what you mean in that case, and that was probably a poor example, but in the phrase I was talking about it just doesnt work. You just cannot "Do no". You never "Verb no". Even in theory it wouldnt make any sense.

If I said, "I did no"('Did' being replaceable with any other term). The sentence would be automatically incorrect, wouldnt it. This is because you didnt actually 'did', or do the verb the sentence is claiming that you did. Its almost as if saying, "I did my homework, but I didnt do my homework." The words following contradict the begining statement.

So while I see what you mean, and it is possible that is what some people take it to mean. The main problem that I have is the people who claim that this is the right way to phrase the statement. Ironically, it just 'doesnt make any sense'. Its like a grammatical paradox ~_~.