1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

funny/ stupid laws

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Kat kanu, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Kat kanu

hey guys so i was looking up laws and found some really weird laws and i thought it was really fun so find some weird laws and post them here

It’s forbidden for a female to appear unshaven in public. - Carrizozo, New Mexico

Women may walk in public topless provided they have their nipples covered. - Albuquerque, New Mexico lol i like this one

Idiots may not vote. - New mexico why is this one not enforced

Hunting is prohibited in Mountain View Cemetery. Deming, New Mexico umm what are you hunting in a cemetery?

2. Jordz

A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month. - Arizona

In Switzerland, it is illegal for a man to relieve himself while standing up after 10pm.

3. FrankieUK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I heard one time that in Kentucky if you don't bathe at least once a year you can get prosecuted?!

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2013 at 01:36 PM ----------

That second one is just wow, i always stand and jerk off at 9:59, damn.

4. tea123

tea123 Guest

We have some funny/ stupid ones in the UK, most of them are throw back from a time long gone but they are still on the books (but obviously not enforced or are irrelevant now).

"With the exception of carrots, most goods may not be sold on Sunday."

"All English males over the age 14 are to carry out 2 or so hours of longbow practice a week supervised by the local clergy."

"Since 1313, MPs are not allowed to don armour in Parliament."

"London Hackney Carriages (taxis/cabs) must carry a bale of hay and a sack of oats."

"Any person found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end will be sentenced to 24 hours in the village stocks (enacted by Edward VI)."

"A bed may not be hung out of a window."

"It is illegal for a lady to eat chocolates on a public conveyance."

"No cows may be driven down the roadway between 10 AM and 7 PM unless there is prior approval from the Commissioner of Police."

There are many many more... :lol:

5. IrisM

That is unnaceptable.

On a lighter note.

At a wake, mourners may eat no more than three sandwiches. - Massachusetts

All goatees illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public. - Massachusetts

6. Jephano

In the UK, it's illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament. Not quite sure how they'd go about enforcing that one, but there you go.

7. Motov

In NJ there are no self service gas stations, so when you pull in one stay in your car.

8. CTJ

CTJ

I believe theres a law in a small town somewhere in England that if a Welshman climbs over your fence at midnight you are legally allowed to kill him, but only with a crossbow.

But that could be one of those urban legendy type laws that everyone knows but doesnt exist.