1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who plays Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Cecil, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Cecil

Hiya. I had a recent conversation with my mum about an interesting phononina. I am 25 and I STILL play Pokemon. And I still love it!

So how many of you (young or older like me) play or still play Pokemon?

Ps: I'm not a hardcore player anymore but at one time I had completed the pokedex, had 9 level 100's (the hard way!) and maxed out money. And this was in the original Pokemon Gold.

2. Silvails52

Nice! I still play (kind of) but I never got that far into the games... I did collect pokemon cards and I still have my collection. Plus, I'm planning on buying Pokemon Y when it comes out.

3. Cecil

I never got into the card game. I too am going to buy Pokeom Y when it comes out!! Excited!

4. Crystal's Vaporeon

I'm bout 15 and I still play Pokemon, I'm one of the only girls I know who play it at all.... But I've been playing for as long as I can remember and despite how much I've been disliking the newer games (I dunno I've just hated Unova, not really sure whyy though. Though the wild Eevee's in Black/White 2 really annoyed me...) I don't see myself quitting Pokemon anytime soon. Pokemon been in my life basically since my mother was pregnant (She used to watch it when she was pregnant with me and still watches it with me occasionally). I'm super excited for the new game (X and Y) to come out though, the game looks so good, though the starters were a little disappointing for me.
    I'm in love with Pokemon Conquest which has made my love for Pokemon so much stronger. My room is crowded with Pokemon DVDs, games, toys, figurines, books and cards.
    I can't see myself giving up Pokemon any time soon, its my love and its always been in my life. Its a huge part of who I am.

5. Cecil

Wow! A who room full of Pokemon must be fun :grin: I only have a few figurines from when Pokemon and the fast food restaurants were giving them out years and years ago. I have only one newer Pokemon figurine and it is the limited edition of Hoho from the pre-register giveaway.

6. Crystal's Vaporeon

Lets see if I can list the stuff just in my room (Of joy!!)
    I have a Pokeball, Greatball and Ultraball in front of me, an Oshawott, Piplup, Minccino, Torchic, Torterra, Skitty, Mudkip and a couple Pikachu figurines.
    A Buneary, Starly, Chimchar, Oshawott, Dewott, Piplup, another larger Oshawott, Cherrim, Tepig, Shaymin Sky Forme, and a couple Manaphy plush's.
    The Pokemon Unova Hnadbook, Pokemon Ultimate Handbook, and Pokemon Kanto Handbook and a couple of the old Pokemon pop quizzes, plus a few of the old Pokemon books (The Kanto story book things)
    My Pokemon pillowcase that I adore! And a few series worth of DVD's (I think I have like 1 completed series than a lot of DVD's from like the middle of series plus a lot of the movies)
    Pokemon cards, Pokemon cards everywhere!! But I must have like maybe 10 books of Pokemon cards and one of my books is huge! Oh and a huge Dialga card.
    And my Pokemon 2BA Mastre album, that thing is awesome ^_^
    Oh yeah and that's just the stuff in my room, I still need to bring a lot of my other stuff in from my games room. I think I've gotten myself a good collection over the years ^_^ I really want to get some more of the older figurines and toys from the older series though. I know I have a huge Pikachu, Gengar and Snorlax plushie in my games room but there is so much >.<

7. FruitFly

I still play Pokemon, mostly on a simulator on the trusty laptop now. I have absolutely no merchandise outside of a few Gameboy cartridges, but it's still one of my favourite games. I'm still a big child at heart, what is more fun than spending my commute leveling up a Jigglypuff or three?

I'm not really embarrassed about still playing Pokemon at my age, but I'm slightly embarrassed that I still watch the television series and have watched one of the movies more than once ...

Much love for Pokemon.

8. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do I've been playing pokemon black for the last week
    finished:
    • soul silver
    • pearl
    • dimond
    • red
    • blue
    • yellow
    • crystal
    • mystery dungeon RED
    • mystery dungeon BLUE
    • mystery dungeon TIME
    • mystery dungeon DARKNESS
    • mystery dungeon TIME

9. Oddish

Oddish Guest

All the time, pretty much.

I mostly play the games on the train when I'm going to work/school, it passes up a lot of time for me and I enjoy it very much so. I miss the original games though, and I'm not really into the new graphics as of late. Kinda pixelated and gross. I loved HG/SS, though. I think those two are my favourites after FR/LG and Yellow.

I don't really watch the show like I used to as a kid, but if it's on some channel I'll leave it on there hahahaha.

10. Crystal's Vaporeon

Nice list there ^_^ I've finished :
    ~ Leaf Green
    ~ Silver
    ~ Ruby
    ~ Pearl
    ~ Platinum
    ~ Soul Silver
    ~ Black
    ~ Mystery Dungeon Blue
    ~ MD Darkness
    ~ MD Sky
    ~ All the Ranger games
    ~ Conquest
    ~ Trozei
    ~ Snap
    ~ Puzzle League
    ~ Pokepark Pikachu's Adventure

Annnnd I think that's all the ones I've finished, I have a few other games though that I haven't finished/is glitchy and won't let me save

11. Cecil

Holy moly!! That's a lot of treasure there!

12. Crystal's Vaporeon

Ahah thanks ^_^ I've been in love with Pokemon all my life so I've got a bit of a collection :confused: That and when ever I see something Pokemon in a store I will nag mum until she buy it for me :3

13. Cecil

I love the older Pokemon series, don't care for the newer ones so much myself.

Finally another 20 year old! I was beginning to worry there X3 :thumbsup:

14. Shadow7796

Shadow7796 Guest

Pokemon is the one game that I never get tired of! I have every game since Gen 3

15. Cecil

Never could get into the mystery dungeon series. I just don't know why?

16. FruitFly

Ha, yeah, the new series is a bit... yeah. I think I watch it almost purely to moan about it now :lol:.

17. Given To Fly

I never played the games as a kid. Weirdly I'd like to play them now, I think I've been hanging around EC too long lol.

I don't have any of the recent Nintendo systems though :frowning2:

18. Crystal's Vaporeon

The older games were better though ^_^ Truthfully I still love pulling out my N64 for Snap and Puzzle League, they are great games. And if my mum hadn't given away my GB Color I would so still be playing Silver.

19. Cecil

I started playing when Pokemon first came out in the US.

I have played

Red
    Yellow
    Gold
    Silver
    Crystal
    Ruby
    Sapphire
    FireRed
    Emerald
    Diamond
    Platinum
    HeartGold
    Black
    Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Saphire
    Pokemon Stadium
    Pokemon Colosseum
    Pokemon DX: Gale of Darkness

So that's all the games I played and almost all were completed. But ya I have played the very first games and continue to play :3

20. Shiny Espeon

I have at least one game for each of the generations. :grin: (But none of my gen 2 games will save anymore. The memory battery is dead.)

There are emulators you can download to play the games on a computer, if you're interested. Visual Boy Advanced will work for most of the pokemon games. Unless you want to play one of the newest games. :slight_smile: