1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

over 40 fun

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Rose27, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

What do y'all do for fun?

2. June Cleaver

Well I am 40 and I enjoy cooking, gardening, riding bikes, vacations, and most of all taking care of Mike. Mike being the good ole boy he is has introduced me to mud trucks and takes me camping, fishing, hunting, and to mud boggs. I had never heard of a mud bogg before him. It is this muddy pond where drunk rednecks run monster trucks through the mud. It lasts a couple days usuailly and is fun. I will say my first one took me way out of my comfort zone. like 30 thousand drunk guys in one field was a shocker. June

3. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

That all sounds awesome. Mike sounds like a catch!

4. June Cleaver

Yea he is the greatist 205 pounds of redneck ever! Don't ask me how I got this lucky, because we are about the most unlikely couple. We are soulmates and I have never been this happy. It is so nice to have a man who really loves me this time. June

5. AKTodd

Well, let's see here...

Last weekend we went to a St. Patrick's Day themed party on Saturday as our first event with the local LGBT couples meetup group (dipping our toes in the water there). Sunday was dinner with some long time friends at their house. This coming weekend we're planning to go up to a local museum where they are exhibiting some of Michelangelo's drawings and sketches. We're likely going to go see the new Oz movie in the next few weeks at the local dinner theater (equipped with a THX sound system - the only one in the entire area). We usually just sit in the balcony since the food is just OK. Then we'll probably go see it in 3D at the IMAX.

On a more general note, weekends usually include walking the dog together in the morning while we just talk and enjoy the weather (or get rained on or cook in the Summer heat, but oh well). We usually go out to eat about 2-3x a week, including Sunday brunch at our favorite restaurant and lunch on Saturday at any of several places we like (the other meal is usually dinner of the 'we just don't feel like cooking' variety). We having shopping and errands every weekend, which isn't recreation but can be fun because we get to be together and sometimes we find a good deal on something or try a new food item.

I switched to a modified paleo diet a while back and we do a certain amount of experimenting with new recipes and such to add variety. Most recently been playing with almond flour (waffles, muffins, etc.).

We have a very nice home theater system and tend to buy movies we like. So between our personal collection, the local video story, and Netflix, there's usually something on. A periodic Lord of the Rings refresher is good for the soul:slight_smile: Plus we usually hit 3-4 movies during blockbuster season in the summer and around the holidays.

We've done a couple of cruises with my partner's family and I try to get home to Alaska to see mine every couple of years (although that's somewhat of a working vacation).

I think that about covers it. We're not terribly exciting, but we enjoy it.

Todd

6. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Todd- I'm a simple girl that someday (still married) will be looking for the same. I look on other sites and the most of the women are looking for stuff that is not me. Your life w/your partner sounds lovely.