1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your country! =)

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by BornInTexas, Mar 23, 2013.

1. BornInTexas

YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CREATE YOUR OWN COUNTRY RIGHT NOW!

QUICK:

What is the name of your country?
    What is your capital city?
    What type of government do you have?
    Where is your country located on a map? (i.e In between Mexico and the U.S)

Additional details?!

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My Country is called Queensland, The Capital is Rainbow City, My Government is made up of every Gender going & is a Democratic Government & my Country is in the Caribbean, our flag is the Rainbow Flag & our Church discriminates against nobody & every Gender can get Married in the Church :slight_smile:

3. Stripe101

Mine is StripeLand. My capital city is Stripersville. I have a dictatorship with me in charge. StripeLand has no religion. StripeLand is located on Antarctica. Somehow, It's still hot and sunny in StripeLand

4. Iowan1976

Awesome question. The name of my country is Puerto Democratico. The capital city is named Equality City. This county is located in the nice, warm Caribbean as well. It would have a democratic government with a constitutional amendments for not only freedom of press and religion, but freedom to marry whom you choose, and against discrimination of any type. There would also be a national holiday to remember LGBT people who have taken their own life, or had their life taken by others due to their orientation.

5. Hexagon

What is the name of your country? That will be voted on.
    What is your capital city? That will be voted on.
    What type of government do you have? Direct democracy (but by enlightened people), and largely powerless.
    Where is your country located on a map? (i.e In between Mexico and the U.S)
    My country is located in the milky way galaxy on an as yet unnamed planet orbiting a star approximately 600 lightyears away from the origination point of the species, planet Earth.

The country was founded by a group of likeminded people who left earth to escape the many human-made disasters it faced, as well as to escape capitalism, prejudice and violence. The state does not have a currency, it is run on a gift economy, and all citizens have absolute freedom of speech and belief. Gender is not officially recorded. Since founding, no acts of violence have been recorded.

6. PinkFluff

The name of my country is the Republic of Antarctica.
    The capital city is called Penguinoville
    I am the supreme ruler.
    And my country is all of Antarctica.

7. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    1) Anu
    2) The Tor
    3) Most libertarian monarchy possible
    4) Somewhere in the groves of forests

8. burg

im moving to your country:thumbsup:

9. BornInTexas

My country, named Addopolis, consists of two primary provinces. You have West Province, whose capital city is Reddarin, and East Province, whose capital city is Bluddarin. However, the capital district of each province borders the other directly, so the entire building is the capital of the country.

The form of government is an edited aristocracy. Two leaders from each province are called to the Council of Four. They distribute the basic, moral rules for the entire country. This may be seen has poor, but the people are sent to the polls to get a general opinion of what they want as far as laws, taxes, health care, etcetera.

Back to why there are provinces. See, in my country, people might be split between ideas. If two people are totally opposite in opinions, and both ideas seem to generate popular demand from both parties, each province will be allowed to implicate either for their province.

(This is getting really long and confusing, but it sounds so good in my head. XD).

There is no main religion, and you may believe and practice whatever you please. There are no laws keep you from running for public office. Free speech is also permitted.

10. Joe54321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is the name of your country?
    Freeland
    What is your capital city?
    Freetown
    What type of government do you have?
    Democracy but a social democrat government.
    Where is your country located on a map?
    In beteween france and the UK, bridge the gap!

11. LD579

1. My country is the world. It's an amalgamation of every place on Earth, as ruled by me.
    2. The capital city is my house, which will be plated in gold and rubies, and naked guys will model as statues as I see fit.
    3. It'd be an absolute monarchy, and everyone would pay 30% taxes to me. I'm not totally unfair, though. Every person will have the right to swear fealty to me, and I'll grant them a piece of grass from my royal garden.
    4. My country is the map.

More seriously, though, I don't want a country. Maybe I shouldn't have broken my dictator-like character?

12. Crystal's Vaporeon

Kanto
    Pallet Town
    The Pokemon League
    In a magical dimension with Pokemon :grin:
    ... Now if only it existed.. So many happy people...

13. Hexagon

So my question to the people who've proposed a monarchy or some kind of aristocracy:

How do you propose to prevent those in power from abusing those below them? It has been shown countless times, no matter how honorable and selfless the intentions of someone with power are, they lose these quickly, begin to abuse and manipulate, and steal from those they rule. And mostly, their intentions aren't honorable and selfless from the beginning.

And why do think, even in the absence of inevitable corruption, that there should be some above, and some below? Why shouldn't we all be equal?

14. AtticusJohn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    De illis qui nunquam conveniunt (Nunquam Conveniunt for short)
    A democratic Republic
    negotientur
    The Realm of thought and existence without physical form

and yes I did just use Google Translate to make everything lovely, confusing and Latin :eusa_danc :icon_bigg :grin:

15. BornInTexas

Well, it is our country of course. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: We can do as we please, but the main reason I chose what I did is because I find it difficult to give all the power to ONE person in a monarchy. Also, no power to certain people makes it difficult for people to make decisions.

16. What is the name of your country? Belazia
    What is your capital city? Mhairian
    What type of government do you have? Democracy, but every person running has to pass intelligence tests, lie detector tests to weed out liars and turncoats and swear loyalty to the country on pain of fifteen years in prison.
    Where is your country located on a map? We are small, and located to the east of Egypt.

17. Hexagon

Yeah, if you're going for a system which systematically abuses the poor and all that, then I have no problems with your country. It is, after all, yours to do with as you please. However, if you're looking for an equal and advanced society, I suspect there may have to be uprisings.

18. Oddish

Oddish Guest

What is the name of your country? Serotonin
    What is your capital city? Dopamine
    What type of government do you have? Democratic republic, social democracy
    Where is your country located on a map? Somewhere in the Asia-Pacific region. Located northeast of Australia.

Religion does not exist. The social construction of marriage is obsolete (proposed civil unions may come into play but that will be determined). Gender and sexuality does not fall under binary categories, and any citizen can claim any gender identity. There is no such thing as segregation between genders and/or sexes, therefore no unequal wages, discrimination, no prerequisite "feminism" or "men's rights," or separate restrooms. No prejudice or discriminatory cases (violent or non-violent) have been recorded, and perpetual peace has been officially achieved. Details of government will be outlined within further explanation.

19. theMaverick

What is the name of your country? : Sky Texas
    What is your capital city? : Sky Austin
    What type of government do you have? A republic, where corporations are NOT people and will never be treated as a person, where there are tightly enforced term limits on EVERY elected official, where there is a way to throw out an elected official quickly, public forums are held in every county on proposed legislation, and then the results are sent to the capitol to be either passed into law or killed, a place with equal rights for everyone, regardless of sex, gender, race, orientation, identity, or creed. Social safety net to ensure that no one falls homeless or goes hungry.
    Where is your country located on a map? Above old conservative gay hating Texas, blocking them from the sun.

20. wilkysarah1

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My country's name is Nordisk and its capital is Skandia. There's a democracy there. It's located pretty much right on top of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Theres equal rights for everyone, no one gets too rich or too poor, and its basically like paradise, which would be too hard to describe here. Okey-dokey bye