1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your definition of love?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by clarkec1, Apr 1, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

This is a quite relaxed and simple question where I would like to find out some of you guys' and girls' definitions of love. It can be as detailed or not detailed as you like. I'll start...

Love is when two people feel emotionally attracted to each other in such a way that they want yo live together and spend every moment together. If these two people are in love they will support each other through the difficult times, and never leave each other and work through their problems as a couple. Love should almost be definition-less, true love is indescribable, it is near impossible to define and find. You only experience true love when you find that one person. Sometimes love is so bad and impossible that you know deep down that you shouldn't be with that person, but it is still love.

Enjoy guys!

2. Kay

Kay Guest

Love is when souls touch and yearn to embrace. It is a fresh bouquet of flowers filling the heart. It is when people relate, care, and do for other,s beyond their capacity. Love is the ultimate freedom. We can be who we are and what we are in truth. It has no secrets. (*hug*) :love:

3. FruitFly

I'd go with an emotional attachment to another person, with the ideal situation seeing this emotional attachment being reciprocated. How these attachments are expressed is ultimately down to the personalities of those involved.

From my own perspective I think true love is sometimes about leaving someone, if you are aware that the emotional attachments you have are unhealthy and not ones that can be worked on whilst you are romantically tied. For me true love is wanting the best for the person you love, even if that is acknowledging that regardless of their feelings it is not you. Of course this is not all situations, and some emotional attachments are designed to blossom into long-term relationships, but I think some are simply meant to be brief connections that show you part of yourself.

Love is understanding the difference between an explosion of lust, the enchantment of honey covered words, and genuine connection. It is everything that is left once the pretty blossoms and fruit has been shed, when you are left with the bare roots of yourself and another.

Love can become sexual, it can remain platonic, it can simply be. How it is expressed, how it is felt, that is down to the individual.

#3 FruitFly, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  4. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Love is that passion that burns within. You cant contain it. If that person is apart from you, your soul dies a little more everyday. You are like paper chain hearts. If you break the link, your heart dies. You dont hav them to hold onto anymore. Love is the best feeling in the world. Love doesnt have a gender; only a heartbeat. Love is unconditional and eternal.

5. bre16017

There are different kinds of love. But love in it's greatest sense, to me -

vulnerability
    trust
    unconditional
    loyalty

6. SamAlex728

7. Oddish

Oddish Guest

^ Okay that's good

For me, love is when I know I'm fully dedicated to a person and the feeling is mutual. I can't really describe it. I just have strong feelings towards another human being, wether it's romantic, or platonic. Love is an intense and extensive mutual connection between two people. It exists in and is expressed through both the body and the mind, meaning that it requires both a physical and an intellectual attraction to happen. It's not as ephemeral as an emotion. To me, love is like fusing pieces of metal together. Interdependent.

8. BornInTexas

brilliance!

9. Hexagon

I have not a clue. I've never been in romantic love, and the only love I've ever felt is towards my cat, and possibly my best friend.

So from my own, rather limited experience, I would say love is forgiving her when she scratches you.

10. BornInTexas

I always do that. makes me think that maybe she is using me. :frowning2: my kitteeeeeh

11. Hexagon

cats are always using us :slight_smile: But I love them anyway. See, unconditional love. Right there.

12. knightwing

I know its been like 2 days since this was like all people-posting-every-three-seconds crazy but I'm gonna contribute here:

Love is where two people find each other by absolute chance by a cosmic power thingy-type of connection and find that they never want to be apart from each other because they connect on a level they cant explain nor really want to give reason to. Love is always meant to be no matter what (that sorta goes back on my opening bit but oh well). Love is the best feeling we as people will ever feel. It is more exciting than excitement and it can bring more sadness than sadness itself. It is the ultimate connection and absolut emotion. Love is great, Love is good and we thank it for our cosmic-y connections! :grin:

I got a bit carried away there.... :slight_smile: