1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nation within nations

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Nitro, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Nitro

So I just had a recent idea - haters accuse lgbt of having some large secret conspiracy, lifestyle, or organization - and with our large numbers (approx 5% of population worldwide) we could almost have our own nation. So how do you envision this secret nation within nations?

The military has already been discussed in another thread (http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9113), but what about the other details, government, recognition of countrymen/women/other, culture, national anthem, flag, etc?

Just to get things started I though I would share an idea for the basic levels of organization:
    * cells - groups of 4 to 12 people who operate as a secret unit and can depend on each other for support, the cell is the basic operating unit of the group with only the leader and one other in regular contact with the larger arms of the nation
    * safe houses - larger cells operate safe houses where lgbt can come while traveling by or fleeing oppression.
    * farms - basic front businesses for the nation. Also primary recruitment channel for new members.
    * havens - larger places for lgbt to congregate and have fun! Music, party, dating, you name it (50 to 500 people).
    * bastions - established havens that also serve as the coordinating channels for the nation. Where broader political issues are decided.
    * Central or Topia - most important bastion of all, is the world wide capital of the lgbt nation. Breeders don't even hear rumors of its existence! Secret number of people.

What do you think? How do you see the secret nation?

2. Paralyzer

This reminds me of the Brotherhood from the book "1984"

We'd be a secret orginization, but with little actual orginization, we wouldn't really be accomplishing anything...

Well, now that I think about it, the lgbt lifestyle today is already kind of like the Brotherhood. We know we're a part of something but we don't know any of the members other than maybe a few.. and we're kinda forced underground.

Regardless, I got this idea from the Central/Topia bastion thing.. things that are kept secret from the public are bound to form conspiracy theories, but I guess at the same time, if it doesn't exist, it does give the nation some idol to look up to.
    (hope this ramble makes sense)

Well, heres a thought.. instead of making the Topia into an actual location or in one definate order, how about it be somewhat a collective organization so the capitol can't ever truely be "destroyed".
    (my brain kinda died in the last 5 minutes of thinking about this.. I hope this makes sense? haha...... I might not be following what you said correctly)

3. Nitro

Haha now that you mention it, this does sound like 1984. I guess to avoid destruction it would be better too if Topia was an ideal rather than a specific location.

But the basic premise of the thread is this: call me a thief and I will steal. We've been called conspirators, so let us make up a great, grand, horrifying, humorous conspiracy not only of some secret trans-national organization, but of an entire nation! Think National Enquirer (tabloid), but worse!!

4. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

hmm intresting, for a natinal athem i think, "its raining men" is good :thumbsup: