1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I keep having sexual dreams about guys

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MerBear, Jul 8, 2013.

1. MerBear

I don't know why but I dont have many sexual dreams about girls.....I've had romantic dreams but Most of my sexual dreams involve a guy and Last night I had a dream I was in the shower with this guy ...and he's actually a guy i dated for like a day and I grabbed his butt...and pulled him towards me and he put his penis in me...and i could feel it....I was kind of aroused but indifferent about the whole thing.

I know dreams don't mean much but why do all my sexual dreams involve a guy?

2. LD579

Sometimes dreams don't actually mean that much. They may just be a reflection of your subconscious thoughts, and the dream is a manifestation of you processing them while you sleep.

If you're like me, though, dreams mean more. Many times, I've gotten either upset or intrigued quite a bit by dreams that I've had. Whether that's good or bad is up for debate, in my opinion. You can't really control what you dream, sort of, so it sometimes may be best to just take them as they are.

For reference, I once dreamt I had sex with a girl. I distinctly remember not enjoying it, to say the least. I kind of just took it in bemusement.

3. MerBear

It's just....I always have sexual dreams about men and none of women and that confuses me.

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Huh, believe it or not, same-sex dreams were the sole reason I began questioning, which, looking back, wasn't really something to get so worked up over. Heterosexuals who dream they are homosexual are experiencing increased self-love, compassion, and acceptance, at least according to one site, so I wonder what the opposite means?

Dream Moods Dream Themes: Sex

5. LD579

It might not mean anything, but then again it may mean something somewhat substantial. Don't let it affect you if you don't find guys attractive in that way in your day-to-day life. Otherwise, though, it'd be something to think about. Lack of sex dreams about types of people doesn't mean that you don't like them.

For example, I don't have sex dreams about guys these days. I can definitely say that I'm attracted to them a lot, though, you know? I wish you the best =)

6. MerBear

I dont know. I wish i knew though

---------- Post added 8th Jul 2013 at 07:22 PM ----------

well, I mean...I know that it doesn't ....I think the part that confused me was I got kind of aroused by it

7. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dreams are strange that way, and unfortunately most of us aren't qualified for interpreting them (there is one member, Foxface, who can help you there). If they're causing you distress, I'd consult a professional, otherwise, don't worry, since they rarely point to sexual orientation. I'd take real life crushes, interest, and experience over them any day.

8. volvo6x

My take is everybody can be aroused by anyone when they are aroused. Dream might be elaborated, detailed just as your imagination. The fact that you are indifferent might lead to a conclusion that the whole experience doesn't mean anything.
    Anyhow, how are your romantic dreams?

9. MerBear

With guys or girls? with Guys, I've had none

With girls, I'm happy with them ....My general dream is about holding their hand or kissing them or taking them on a date

10. MerBear

I know I shouldn't worry about this but someone said they think it means I'm sexually attracted to guys since I was kind of aroused and now I'm confused again because I don't know if my dream really means that

11. LD579

Are you attracted to guys sexually in your day-to-day life? If the answer is no, it shouldn't be a large bother, even if it may seem a bit odd. It's as simple as that, really. Dreams could mean many things, and the 'correct' interpretation isn't really known by anyone. All anyone could do is guess.

12. Link72

Out Status:
    All but family
    I always say that you should trust your gut when it comes to gender identity and there's nothing more instinctive than your dreams... a lot of times logic can alter your true feelings, but during sleep your subconscious brain takes true emotions and thinks about them while your conscious sleeps... this thinking is then interpreted into mini-scenarios that we then interpret as dreams... I'm willing to bet that you are gay because of the dreams but I wouldn't say that you should be one hundred percent sure... I would need more information to really help you... BTW I am gay and it started with dreams and only escalated from there

13. MerBear

I'm confused as to what your saying. Are saying you can tell someone os gay by having dreams about the opposite sex.?

What more information do you need?

14. LD579

Maybe he thought you were a guy for some reason?

Also, Link72, perhaps this was about your word choice, but gender identity is distinct from sexuality and attraction.

15. MerBear

I thought that too haha. The guy thing .