1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it ever too late to transition?Girl to FTM

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by introspective, Jul 16, 2013.

1. introspective

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I'm confused that's why I'm here. I don't know my sexuality nor my identity.
    I have questions such as does my gender identity confusion trigger my sexuality confusion...

Here's a couple things "off" (as in atypical) about my history:
    1)All of my profiles online, that aren't used for local purposes, are male-specified. However, during the registration, it's more of a subconscious click than a deliberate plan to "fool" others.

2) I have, however, made multiple male profiles in the past where I have pretended to be a boy for long durations. It almost felt as if I weren't pretending. I don't know how to describe it...For instance, I knew that I had a different name but I felt like I was the same person.
    I could relate to guys in that I had crushes on girls and I could flirt with girls as well...

3) Now I know lesbians are often confused whether or not they are indeed transgender.
    For me, I felt better being considered a guy in every situation. Whether sexuality was a factor or not.

4) I never really feel feminine. I've met so many women- butch and not and there's always at least ONE feminine trait besides genitalia. I don't know...I've never felt feminine or appreciated being a woman..

5) I hate my body but mostly because of how it's perceived by others. I just don't like curves, even if they are small and all that.

5) (ATYPICAL FOR TRANSGENDER) I never had dysphoria when I was younger. Didn't mind being a girl or "acting like one". Although I never played with barbies etc. even though I was exposed to that.

Transitioning isn't an option because of money and general doubt. But FTMS or other transgender folk...do you think there's a right time?

I pretended to be a guy when I was younger and learned that it was "wrong" so I quit . Now, I'm not sure I would even be able to pull that off.:bang:

2. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's a difficult lifestyle, that's for sure.
    You actually sound like me a lot.
    I was born male, and was always the girl in Pokémon games, etc. I've never registered as female on profiles because…well, this is the first profile I've ever signed up for besides Facebook, because my parents don't let me do stuff online really.
    I don't feel masculine at all either.
    But I never had dysphoria. In fact, I never felt feminine at all growing up, I've sort of become it. But I don't mind being a guy. And since, let's be real, being a guy provides you with lots of advantages such as less discrimination and more efficient urination, I just don't bother with being transgender. If I could be reborn, sure, I'd be a girl. But I really don't consider it a big enough deal to transition and end up with a body that doesn't quite "match" all the other women.
    I don't even ever want to do drag, or get a piercing, or whatever. Because I don't really care about women's clothing. It's more the social roles, body itself, etc.

So I don't know if you're transgender is basically what I'm saying. Maybe you can compare yourself to me and see.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, I hope I can further my transition sometime this year. As negative as I come off about it, I know the time is now for me because the longer I put it off, the worse my dysphoria gets. I also mentally told myself that if I couldn't get there before I turn 21, then I'm better off dead and chances are I'd probably go through with trying to kill myself again.

I don't think it's never too late to transition, but IMO, the sooner you can cross it off the list, the easier things are.

4. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Imagine all the things guys have, good and bad. I want all of it. Awkwark prostate exams, being concerned about size, having to wear cups. I want to walk my girl to class, and I want to be on top of her. I want to be the one to hold doors open, and pay at dinner. I want to have "bros" to hang with and talk about hockey with. I want to walk in a room and not have guys flirt with me. I dream every night of being male, and I wake up dissappointed when I still have boobs, and a vagina.