1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should I do

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by shadelz, Jul 25, 2013.

1. shadelz

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I am a transexual and I know it for certain, but if I was ever to tell my parents anything about it they would freak tell me no your not how dare you say that. Then forbid me from anything fem, and tell me to chop my hair off. So I need to transistion without them knowing,what are some things I could do to make myself look more female, act more female, lower testosterone, raise estrogen, and just be more female looking. Please anything I could do? I'm 15 btw so im not to far along in puberty so hey.(b day is in two weeks actually :slight_smile:)

2. sguyc

There is plenty of cosmetic stuff obviously. You could grow your hair out, wear clothes that could be described as androgynous, get your eye brows trimmed, shave your legs, use some make up. Sadly, most people working with transgender children in your situation would recommend that you start anti-androgens to prevent puberty from having a lasting physical impact until you decide what you want to do later in life... but if your parents aren't into that at all then options are pretty limited. I would go ask the Reddit trans community at r/asktransgender. It is a large community and they often get questions like this and have good advice in my opinion. There isn't anything that can raise E and lower T by any meaningful amount except for medication. Many people go through different channels to get medication.

3. J Snow

Unfortunately I'm not aware of a lot of ways you can get around parental consent as a minor. Obviously its best to start the hormonal transition as soon as you feel confident and you can do it safely, but the key here is being able to do it safely. I would encourage you to try to find therapy in your area if you feel like you might be able to. A skilled therapist will likely be your best bet at figuring out a way to either accelerate the process as much as possible, or cope with the situation you seem to be stuck in at the moment.

If it makes you feel any better I started at age 22 and I'm pretty happy with how far I've come in under a year of transition.

4. Jamie Lynn

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shave your legs, your parents won't know unless you wear shorts and buy/wear panties, no one knows what you're wearing for undies unless you show them. That's how I started.