1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel I'd change back

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by shadelz, Jul 28, 2013.

1. shadelz

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Well over the course of the past year I came to relize I wanted to be a girl and I told a few Friends and they were totally supportive. But here is what I'm feeling right now, I feel I want to be a girl act, sound, look and all that but when i reach the age of 36ish i dont know if id want to stay as a girl becauae old age scares me as a women as a guy id be more comfortable. It is personal but i couldnt stay. Now i DONT want srs i dont think it matters thats not what makes a women in my eyes. and i want to be able to visit family as a guy cause I'm sorry but in no way could I tell them. Is what I'm feeling something everyone has felt, or is it just how I feel I should be how I should live my life. Please some insite I'm still 16 but I need some help

---------- Post added 28th Jul 2013 at 01:37 PM ----------

Is it possible to do that or would I just be an androgonese he she?

2. helloandwelcome

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You're entitled to express your gender identity however you want and screw anyone who thinks otherwise. You should do what makes YOU happy.

Not sure about the specifics on transitioning but just wanted to add my two cents. :slight_smile:

3. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Old age is a scary thing. If it's any consolation, I don't know how I feel about my transition and growing older either. I don't know if I could grow old as a man or as a woman - they both feel unsettling. But know that some changes are permanent, and some parts of transition are very costly. It's something you'll need to think very deeply about. Some people do de-transition, but it's not easy, and it is expensive.

If you feel you're a woman, or mostly a woman, at your core, and you want to transition, then do so! Don't try and see too far into your future, it isn't set in stone. Just keep on being and becoming who it is you want to be. :slight_smile:

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah. I'm with Clockwork. It's hard for me to comprehend the idea that I'd be old. And I think at this point feel free to ask yourself that- would you rather be an old man or an old woman if you had the choice? No wrong answers but it's all up to you, as far as expression and identity go.

I can understand not wanting to come out. I have a feeling my family won't take the news well, even though they're not religious. But considering I'd like to do HRT and SRS, it's going to be hard to hide the flat chest and deep voice. :wink: So coming out might have to be something you're going to need to bite the bullet and do. If they disapprove, you're free to cut them out of your life and be free to make your own family and support.

5. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want top surgery, and hormones (at least for a little while - my voice is the single biggest cause of dysphoria for me, so I really just want it to drop). But I don't think I want srs, at least not right now.

Once I have what I want done done, though, it's going to be impossible to visit my family as a girl. That's just the way it is. Sure I could crossdress and talk in a falsetto, but I'll just look like what I've felt like for so many years already. Everyone else would see it too, and it would surely be worse than just showing up as a guy.

Do you plan on getting hormones? Think about your body on estrogen. You'll develop curves, and breasts, and your voice will likely get higher, especially with some vocal training. I haven't met many mtfs, and none that were already on hormones, so I can't say how well you could pass as a guy again for your family. But what's important is what makes you comfortable. If living as a guy makes you uncomfortable, and living as a girl makes you ecstatic, well.

I'm terrified to tell my family. Literally terrified. I know I'll have to sooner or later, because it doesn't look like I'll be able to move out anytime soon and I do want to start transitioning soon. It's a normal fear - the trans community has so little exposure as it is, and so much of it is negative. I'm not saying you should rush right up to your family and come out if you're not ready. I'm just saying it's not something you'll be able to hide forever if you do want to medically transition at all. And believe me, I'd hide it forever if I could, I understand - it just seems easier to hide than to tell certain people these things. (*hug*)