1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm terribly confused...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Teterapotoro, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Teterapotoro

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hello...I was born a girl...but dunno...I've always thinkg I feel more identified as a boy...I mean since I have memory, I've never identified much with girls....and I've even tried to fit it but dunno...sometimes unconsciously I just think about dressing as a boy....acting as a boy...or just being a boy...
    Even when I was younger, each time I had the opportunity in a website to put my gender, without thinking it twice I would choose male...and pretend I was a boy all the time...
    But I still like boys

And well..... I'm still confused...I don't know if this is for reals...or if this are just random feelings...please help....or if it isn't anything...I just can't take this out of my mind...

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

For one, your feelings are perfectly legitimate. Once you begin questioning your gender, it's all too easy to fall into the trap of denial or delegitimatizing your feelings- I did this for years and even after I began identifying as a transman, I still did and do this today.

So how you identify is up to you. Are you happier being perceived as a male? Would you like to live the rest of your life as one? If you honestly feel as if you're really a boy- you are one. Fuck biology.

Sexual orientation and gender identity are two different beasts. Even if you identify as male, that doesn't mean liking men will invalidate your identity- plenty of transmen are gay. In fact, there are a few gay transguys here on EC.

Let me know if you need anything else and I'll try to get back to you ASAP.

3. rose94

Hey,

I'm going through the same thing regarding gender identity. I feel like a boy too, despite my efforts over the years to be a 'girl'.

As for the sexuality thing, I see them as separate, but linked. Your gender can be one thing and your sexuality another, it doesn't invalidate your identity.