1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Really Confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CallMeThunder, Aug 5, 2013.

1. CallMeThunder

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, so, I guess I'll just get straight to the point. I'm a (born) guy who likes both genders, and I'm sure of that. But something that has been bothering me for about 4 years is my gender identity. As I said, I'm a male-born, but on the inside I feel (And occasionally act) like a girl. Some of my friends have recognized this and are starting to question me. I'm slowly falling into deep depression and I can feel it.
    Is there any way to 100% know if you ar what you are? I'm actually really scared at this point, I don't know who to talk to, my counselor has told me "I'm to old for a hormone injection" and I don't just want the breasts, I feel like I NEED breasts and the downstairs part. So, I came here for some advise, please help me. Thank you all for reading this far and any advise ect. will be MORE than helpful. :slight_smile:

2. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it sounds to me like you just need to think about it more or explore your identity. Unfortunately, no one else can really tell you whether or not you are trans* it's up to you because that's a big decision to make, but I honestly think that with some time of thinking and exploring it you'll be able to tell.

Also, too old for a hormone injection..? You sound fairly young so I'm going to call bullshit there plus there are people who transition way later in life, so I think someone has lied to you to try to end any thoughts of transitioning.

Anyway just keep thinking about it, weigh the pros and cons, really think about your life and how you want to spend it; would you be really be comfortable spending the rest of your life as a male? Also, if you're really unsure, then explore it. Dress up and put some make up and see if you feel any different. I hope this helps, hun. Message me if you need anymore help! (*hug*) :grin:

3. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

I'm in a similar situation. I feel like I am gender fluid. That is sometimes I feel like a boy, and sometimes I feel like a girl. As a biological male feeling like a boy is no problem, so it is just the felling like a girl part that is a problem. My personal experience with my girly side has been that I have crossdressed almost my entire life, but as that is something that is still frowned upon in public I can only do it in private. I would recommend at the very least to try crossdressing to see if that helps a little.

4. Nick07

Hi,

this seems to be strange. I don't want to ask about your age, but I now FtM who transitioned in his fifties.

Nobody can tell you who you are :slight_smile: It's your job :icon_wink

Would you like to be called by a girl's name and to be addressed as she? Would it feel right or wrong?

5. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

I know the times I have been mistaken for a girl it made me feel good inside, and I would actually prefer a girls name. So yeah, I think there is something there if the original poster feels the same way.

6. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fisrt and foremost, how old are you? I've heard stories of people transitioning late in life, in their 40's and 50's, and while the results are usually not as inconspicuous as they are if you're young (childhood through early twenties), it's by no means impossible. Unless you're old enough for your senior discount, you can go ahead and look for a therapist that's good with gender issues that might be able to help you transition if that's what you choose to do.

That out of the way...

Just sit back and relax for a minute. You know you're MAAB (male assigned at birth). Why is it that you feel and act like a girl? What does a girl feel and act like? (seriously, I don't know) Think about your life now. Think about living like a male. Now consider what it would be like if you were, in all social respects, female. Does your life seem any better? Why?

In my opinion, if you really feel like you NEED breasts and girl bits, then you need breasts and girl bits. If you'd be happier living in a feminine body, then you could be a girl. Of course, that's up to you to decide, as nobody else can tell you what gender you are.

Look for some thorough information about HRT. What effects do you find desireable? Which ones undesireable? Why? Could you live with being a girl if you didn't look ideal?

I'm FAAB (that's female assigned at birth), but I've always felt off. I thought, after puberty, that my discomfort with my own body might have just been because I was modest, or because of society's beauty standards for women. Of course, I dismissed the fact that I was a dirty perv and didn't give two shits about what the industry deemed beautiful when I made these assumptions. It's only recently, within the last four or five years, that I've really thought deeply about my gender, and realised that I don't know for sure what I am, just that I'm not a girl. More recently I've been coming to terms, slowly but surely, with the fact that I wish I looked more male. Even though I'm not 100%, no doubts about it, totally and unshakably positive I'm a man, I am 100% positive I want to look more male, and 100% positive that I'm not a girl.

If this sounds at all like what you've been going through, but the other way around of course, then you might very well have gender issues to address, and a bunch of research to do.

7. CallMeThunder

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just want to give a huge thank-you to each and every one of you. :slight_smile: I've thought about my life as a guy and a girl, and I'm pretty sure I'm a girl. :slight_smile:
    And That's what I thought about the hormone injection.. But, I'm still in school and what would others think of me? I'd have to say "Josh died" or something.. But I've got such good friends and I couldn't do that to them. And I was always a fan of the name "Amy" I think it's a beautiful name. So that's what I'd name myself after the transition.
    Again, Thank you. :slight_smile:

8. Nick07

Nice to meet you, Amy :slight_smile:

The transition is a slow and long process and you will need support. Read about the subject, read about how other people came out as trans* and then slowly start talking to your friends and explain how you are feeling and what you are about to do.
    good luck :slight_smile:

9. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Josh didn't die. She's just metamorphosing into Amy. :slight_smile:

10. CallMeThunder

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wow, being called that for the first time, it felt, weird, but a nice weird. x3

---------- Post added 6th Aug 2013 at 12:54 PM ----------

And I know it is.. I hope that didn't sound as rude as I think it did. I'm hesitant to tell anybody at the moment, to let my mind focus on what I REALLY want. I know that my mind is that of a girl, but I just need to be sure before I go and tell people.
    Thank you for your reply, Nick. :slight_smile:(*hug*)

11. Nick07

:slight_smile:

And yes, you need to be sure. Or to have friends who will take your doubts seriously and with understanding and will stay with you through the process of your learning new things about yourself.

12. CallMeThunder

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, I'm fifteen. I know I'm really young for this type of stuff, but I guess the past four years have just been torture, I'm slowly falling into deep depression, as said in the original post and I'm not communicating well with anybody. Almost like I'm refusing, but I don't want to. And I've always adored the name "Amy." So I guess I'd like to be called that. :slight_smile:
    Thank you for your reply. :grin:

13. Nick07

you are fifteen and the counselor said you were too old? I am lost LOL

You have a lot of time to think about it and when you are 18, the possibilities will be endless. There is no need to feel depressed :slight_smile:

14. CallMeThunder

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I did a lot of research after my counselor saying that, and I felt the exact same way. And I still am to this day (it was about 5 months ago) and I think I will be ready for the full transition at 18. :slight_smile: Again, thank you, Nick. :slight_smile:

15. Nick07

Maybe the counselor meant "not old enough". Although, I believe there are ways how to stop puberty by hormones. Maybe (just maybe) for that therapy you indeed are too old.

I don't know for sure, try Google :slight_smile:

16. CallMeThunder

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Probably is what he meant. And I will. :slight_smile:

17. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I read a quote once, about how trans people are always considered too young to know what they really feel like, and once they're adults they're considered too old because if they really WERE trans, they would have known before.

The fact is, you're never too young or too old to know for sure. Anyone that tells you otherwise is full of it.

Look around for a therapist that understands gender, and works with other transitioning and gender non-conforming individuals. You'll feel so much better opening up to them, they won't tell you you're too old or too young for anything, and you'll be one step closer to transitioning because you'll be able to get a therapist's recommendation for hormones and surgery. :slight_smile:

I don't think 15 is too young for this kind of stuff. I knew something was off then, but I didn't know that there were transguys then. I knew a lot about gender, but I thought that guys could become girls and girls couldn't become guys, and girls that felt like guys were just butch, or just sucked it up and dealt with it. (I'm not particularly butch, either, which made that span of my life that much more confusing) Just because I didn't have the words for my feelings, that doesn't mean I didn't feel them.

18. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Amy ^_^. Youre not too old for HRT at all. In fact going on boxkers might help you a lot if you are shure youre trans. Maybe even starting estradiol or something. Good luck girl!

---------- Post added 6th Aug 2013 at 08:19 PM ----------

*Blockers

19. CallMeThunder

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've planned to go on HRT when I'm 18, but I'll take a look at those "Blockers."
    Thank you, SpitfireXSoarin! /) Brohoof. :grin:

---------- Post added 7th Aug 2013 at 03:26 PM ----------

Hey, I had a look at those "Blockers" and they're ineffective for users above the age of 12. But thank you for the referral though. :grin: <3
    (*hug*)

20. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was a bit of a late bloomer so they would have helped me. I was that one guy with the squeaky voice that got made fun of. I also hear they can do other stuff like stopping erection frequentcy and the sooner that you start them the less testosterone will be stored in fat (easier HRT startup). I dont know however if there are sideaffect of starting estradoil or estrogen later than the blockers. You will have to stop your testosterone production before hormones though if I understand correctly. From what I understand its estrogen is like a recessive trait, too much of the dominant (testosterone) and it wont have effect.

Im not shure about the many complexities though so you should try to see an endocrineologist and a gender couselor. Those would probably know the best for dealing with it and shed some more light on it.

PS- Another pegasister! /) Yay!