1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm scared.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CMLL, Aug 6, 2013.

1. CMLL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hi, i'm Ryan , 17.

As i come to my last year of high school in a few weeks, i have found much about myself recently. A few sleepless nights have been spent and i just think i'm supposed to female but im not 100% sure why?

i came out to a few friends as bi as early as last year (even though i think i might be gay, as male, or straight as a girl, but i admitted to myself being bi in 7th grade, which was a few years ago. my parents will ignore any hints i give them cos i cant tell them.

i occassionally wear my galpals clothes but as a "joke" (even though i really enjoy it) but just a few weeks ago, i photoshopped my self as a girl just for kicks, and since then ive begun to really enjoy wearing my moms old clothes that fit me. i'm fairly small, i'm 5'6'' and 114 lbs.

i dont know what i should do at this moment, the school year is starting, should i stick with what i wear, or start this year with more expressive clothing. I'm scared of what my friends and family and other will say because, all through middle school and high school people have asked or shouted "are you gay?" and offensive things, i either decline so i dont get beaten up or hurt or i say "none of your business"

i want people to remember me for who im supposed to be and what i want to be, not this shy coward i have made of myself.
    how do i find this confidence?

sorry its a bit much and a lot of questions. but yeah

2. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello. A few questions- Are you unhappy presenting as a male? Do you think you can handle social transition? Is your family supportive?

3. CMLL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    my parents are very unsupportive, and it just makes me uncomfortable who i am, i get a sick a lot, and i think i could handle it,transitioning. i wear girl jeans and sweaters and toms, on loan from the 5 friends i asked but no one has any idea what im going through, i dont even know. but i would need a lot of support that i dont think i have.

4. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have very usupportive parents as well so I know the feeling. Unless you feel strongly about it you might want to hold off for a while.