1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A rare victory for the trans* person!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Dapper, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Dapper

Sorry, I don't know if thise is in the right section, but I just really wanted to share this experience with people who would genuinely understand why I'm so excited! Lol. So here goeeesss.
    Earlier today I felt pretty shitty. I got my period ('nuff said), I felt super dysphoric (which is unusual because I'm usually not so dysphoric), and I just felt really bad about myself. But then I went shopping and the most incredible thing happened. I don't remember if I've ever said it on these forums, but my mom is usually extremely unsupportive of my dressing habits (i.e "like a guy"), so I wasn't too excited when she said we were school shirt shopping. When we got to the store, though, she noticed I didn't like anything in the girl's section, so she actually offered to take me to the boy's section! It was incredible. She wasn't too happy, and she questioned me a bit, but she let me go through the section and get what I want :slight_smile: I ended up getting three awesome shirts that really help me pass! :grin: and in addition to that, I actually passed! An employee followed me completely into the female dressing room (had to go there because I was with my mom) thinking I had the wrong one! It was pretty great xD. This experience really helped my confidence. Maybe my mom will be a bit more easy-going with the clothes I choose. Sorry for the long text post, this just felt like a pretty huge victory and step forward for me :slight_smile:

2. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never mind about the long post, and never apologise for a long post. That's an awesome story and if it were any shorter it would not have done your story any justice.

Congratulations, I am so happy for you :wink:

3. BooksJeansTea

:slight_smile: *Fist Bump* I'm glad you're starting your school year off right! Maybe it's an omen of good days to come.

4. Just Jess

That's so awesome Dapper! Congrats!

5. Dapper

Thanks, everyone!

6. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congradulations man, My mom has a problem with me being trans, But she takes me to the mens section. because she doesnt like the girls section, I don't know if you have a mall where your at but I did all my school shopping at champs

7. TacoswithJuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So happy for you, it's the little victories that add to the great ones. :grin: Wish you continued success!

8. Dapper

MrSmooth, that's where I got my shoes, I love that place!
    TacosWithJuan (haha, funny name), thanks so much!

9. Oddish

Oddish Guest

That's great to hear. :slight_smile: Must be nice being able to start school off wearing clothing that you feel comfortable in.

10. wity

That is so amazing, I am so happy for you, I hope someday my parents will be like that.

11. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Congrats, mate. :grin: Hey. Victory's a victory, own it.

12. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love things like that :slight_smile: I'm still working up the courage to go into the girl's section at a store and pick some things out.. I'll probably end up doing it more often when I'm out, but that's still really cool! :grin:

13. Niko

That's awesome! Congrats. :grin:

14. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Isn't passing just awesome? 'Grats!

15. Dapper

Once again, thanks, everyone! And yes, gravechild, it's completely awesome!
    Wity - Just stay positive! My mom went from forcing me to grow my hair out to where we are now! Be patient, stay persistent, and stay positive :slight_smile:
    cBuilding - Good luck! Just do it with confidence, and act like you've been shopping in those sections all your life! That's how I do it n.n

16. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Congralutations! Even f it was some hours/days ago, go to your mom, hug her and thanks her, if not do it next time she does something like this. Its always good to thanks good gestures with good loving gestures in order to make her feel loved and reinforce positievely the gesture she did to you. Your mom is getting closer to where you want her in regards to acceptance :slight_smile: