1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RoguesWolfe, Aug 19, 2013.

1. RoguesWolfe

Ok so I just spent like thirty minutes wondering if I should post something or not....I'm actually not the type for talking...about anything really. But I kept hearing what my crush told me today is not be afraid when needing answers and such. -__- dang her, even when she's asleep she can still get into my head. Anyways has nothing...or something to do much with what I'm trying to say. So since I was a kid I was always more interested in boys things, clothing and all. Mom and dad stopped giving me girls toys when I would turn them into soldiers or intergalactic police force people XD. Anyways I've always been that tomboy, I would play in the dirt and everything else boys did at the time. I've always related more when it came to guys or even butch girls, I usually go blank when it comes to girly girls and such. Anyways long story short I've always felt like a guy, but because of my dad I;ve ignored that part of me and done what he wanted me to do. But I am finally out on my own living with a few friends and I was talking to my crush last night. She basically brought all those old feelings back from when I was younger...basically realization hit once again. I have done some of the research and such....but I get distracted very easily, and reading from a laptop screen hurts my eyes usually..so I didn't get much done. I have no idea how well anyone starts this. I mean I've been in my own world not paying much attention to the real world...so I really don't know much about anything in this community. I'm not even sure if any of this is making sense...once again keep getting distracted. In the end I'm a guy on the inside but girl on the out, but also attracted to well whatever really. I'm opened minded like really opened minded, friends keep saying most likely I am pansexual I don't really know much. Ok I'm just gonna end this here.

2. Nick07

I would say, if you are happy the way you are, don't do any extensive research. I sounds strange, but once you plant in your head that you have a problem, it can easily lead to depression and dysphoria.

3. RoguesWolfe

You've got a point there, depression is something I do suffer from but that's just part of my medical condition. But I'm not really happy how I am, I've always hated who I am. I'm really really bad at explaining things.

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your story is honestly the best trans* story I've ever heard. Making barbies into cops XD That's awesome.

Anyway, I'd say look into therapy and see where that takes you. If you still end up with dysphoria, try HRT and so forth. I don't really remember the whole process for transitioning since mine is quite different than most people on here, but therapy would probably be the first thing to tackle.

Also, great avatar :3

5. poison53sumac

Maybe you feel like you are really meant to be a boy; do you actually want to switch over? or could you handle being how you are?

6. hiddenxrainbows

I know how you feel. I'm in a similar boat. I've always been more of a tomboy, but I never questioned my gender until a year ago. But I didn't always know what trans* was. But I've been questioning for a year, and a few months ago, I figured out that I was a transman. And the only person who knows right now are my boyfriend and my trans friend. And even though my trans friend is a transguy, it still took me a few months to tell him XD

But anyway, it can be hard dealing with stuff like this. But I think the advice already given is good. Try to find a therapist near you that you can talk to. It might help if you know that they know about trans* issues. If you need help finding one, this site might help Therapists by region - T-Vox

You can also try hormones, if you feel you need to go that far. BUT before you do anything major, if you feel that you can wait a little longer, you can always start with the little things. Like getting a shorter haircut and wearing mens' clothes, if you don't already do these. You can also order a binder and packer online. Those might help you feel a little better because it'll be easier to look like a man if you have them, or at least if you have a binder. To me, a binder is more important than a packer, but depending on the person, a packer might be more important. It's up to you.

But if you have any extra money, you might want to look into something like that, along with a therapist. Good luck! And if you ever need anyone to talk you, you can shoot me a message if you want.

7. RoguesWolfe

Lol thanks, I've been needing therapy for well quite a few things now it's just getting the nerve to talk to someone XD. I am extremely shy, have been for years. And after what happened three years ago I've gotten worse. Oh haha yeah I am kinda obsessed with Suichi from gravitation, though with people I know I basically act like him XD

---------- Post added 19th Aug 2013 at 12:42 PM ----------

I really wouldn't mind switching over, I've never liked the way I looked even as a kid.

---------- Post added 19th Aug 2013 at 12:49 PM ----------

Thanks. I used to cut my hair and it was kinda fun when I would get hit on by gay guys at the club's I used to go to XD. But I've been looking at different stuff online that you listed...found some that are pretty neat. Oh and thanks for the website, I'll check it out.

8. hiddenxrainbows

You're welcome! I just hope you have some luck in finding a therapist, if that's what you want to do! ^_^

9. RoguesWolfe

Thanks same here, now if I find one...it's getting the courage to actually speak to them XD. I'm wayy shy.