1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finding you

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by kreator, Aug 25, 2013.

1. kreator

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi! This is my first message here, its seems nice forum. :slight_smile: I would like to talk about emotions that have arisen after I came out as "a lesbian".. I feel confused about myself. I know it's true... I have problem, that I fear what others think, and because of that cannot go any further. I felt I was pushed to come out, it wasn't nice... Have you any advice, how to find some good way out? I fear too much relationship, that it leads to dead end. :icon_redf .

2. Nick07

Hi and welcome to EC,

perhaps don't concentrate on finding a girlfriend but work on having supportive friends. You will see that they accept you and don't judge and it will make you more confident.

3. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome (*hug*)

I think that the most important is to feel ok inside. If you accept and love yourself, you'll be able to not care too much about what other people say about you. Don't forget that everyone, even 100% straight people can (more or less) face disaproval expressed by peers ect when they are somehow different. I can imagine that getting forced out of the closet must be horrible, but I'm afraid you can do nothing but raise your head and support what you think and feel.
    Of course, as the person above said, some really supportive friends can make a huge difference and help you express your feelings and, thereafter, find yourself.
    Joining a forum like this is a good first step. :slight_smile:

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like the others have said, work on finding some friends who are supportive instead of a relationship at this point. But let me ask a question:

Why is labeled as a gender identity thread?

5. RainbowMan

I switched it to Sexual Orientation :slight_smile:

The fear of what others think is perfectly normal. Heck, I'm still not completely out and have those fears. Most of the time, however, they have been unfounded. The VAST majority of people that I'm out to have been like..."oh, great! What are we doing for dinner?"

Again, :welcome: to EC. It's a great group of people here! :slight_smile: