1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderfluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Minnie, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Minnie

It's really weird, but in general, when I'm attracted to women, I feel less feminine, and when I'm attracted to men, I feel more like a woman. I've felt womanly while imagining having a girlfriend, but I sometimes look at men and my subconcious thinks it's male. However, I'm only truly happy as a woman. What's going on?

2. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

That sounds like some form of gender fluidity to me. Being gender fluid means (as from what I can tell) that you aren't saddling yourself with a gender. You just go with the flow. I am no expert on gender fluidity, but I hope this helps.

-Charlie

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could very likely still be a cisgendered woman. You said you're only truly happy as a woman. For those of us in the gender nonbinary, being a "man" or a "woman" is upsetting, and is the cause of our dysphoria. You could likely be going through something that many cisgendered people go through but in a different way: Pretty much getting in touch with your "male" side like quite a few guys get in touch with their "female" side.

Does that seem accurate?

4. Minnie

Not just getting in touch with my male side, eg being more boyish, but I sometimes have autoandrophilia, or I imagine sex as a guy being more natural, just something my body does. I imagine the same as a woman, I'd imagine there being more emotion that way.