1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreamed that I was a girl, or at least looked like one

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Argentwing, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To begin with, I'm completely secure in my gender identity pretty much all the time. Despite occasional lapses of feminine tidbits here and there, I'm very comfortable being male.

Last night, however, I had a really odd dream. I guess all of them are odd, but maybe because it was after seeing a blog about transguy fashion, I dreamed that I looked in the mirror and was a fairly convincing female, complete with wavy auburn hair down to my shoulders and a striped tank top. I'm unsure whether or not there were breasts there or it was just a very convincing drag outfit, but I thought I looked hot XD.

I thought it was pretty arousing at the time too, despite being completely out of left field. Anybody else have dreams like this, trans- status or not?

2. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    In the past I'd often have dreams of being a girl, though I was never trans in them, nor did I look anything like myself. I'd always be a petit blonde girl. There was nothing arousing or sexual about these dreams. It was just me in a girl's body.

3. Emulator

Sometimes I get these dreams too, though hardly ever. It's never stimulating though, life just goes as usual except in a different body. I never looked into mirrors in my dreams though, so I can't tell what I look like in there.

4. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Do people usually have a first person view in their dreams? I don't think I've ever had one like that. I usually see things in the third person, like I'm watching a movie, even if I myself am a "character" in my dream. I can always see my own body.

5. Emulator

I have no idea actually :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I've never talked about dreams with anyone else. But when I dream I have a first person view in it most of the time...

6. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I'm sure that is very usual. It have happened to me more than once, but i'm not trans.

7. Have you ever tried wearing female clothing? There are men who do so and are usually considered transvestites. They have no inclinations to undergo hormone replacement therapy, but still feel a need to express their female side. Others still such as myself are MAAB and identify completely and only as women. The other night I had a dream where I looked into the mirror and saw a woman's face and it brought a lot of comfort to me. That's what I would want, to be able to pass.. but it might be awhile before that happens.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On one occasion, but not in public. I'd agree it is from a desire to express my feminine side, and inadvertently suppressing it might cause it to come back in dream form.

While lately I've been much closer to the gay side, I do find some feminine features to be intensely attractive to the point of wishing I had them. It's not quite dysphoria-- more of a fleeting feeling that it would be nice for a little while. But it was still interesting in its vividness hehe.

9. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I have had one or two dreams wherein I was a woman.
    Didnt really bother me as I pretty much identify as gender neutral.
    For while I would never claim to know what it is like to be a woman, in certain situarions I can relate better to women than men. I also exhibit certain traits which might be considered feminine, like being affeftionate and romantic, and a bunch of other stuff.
    What I'm trying to say is I don't feel particurlarly male or female, nor would I mind muv if I awoke with a female body tomorrow.

Anywho, before I completely derail, as long as your comfortable with yourself and your gender/sex, I woldnt let such dreams bother you.

10. Metroboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Crossdresser checking in here - I know what you mean! I'm exactly the same, I have weird dreams where I am a girl. I suppose mine make more sense being a crossdresser, but one dream I had has caused me anxiety over the last 3 months.

11. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

Yes dreams are usually relate back to things that have been on your mind. But as Linthras said above, if you're comforatable with your body, don't let this concern you too much and send you into the chaotic world of what-if.

The mind will wander regardless.

I myself don't have dreams like this, even though I often think of myself as a male, and fantasize about it.

12. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I dream I'm a guy all the time! Not in drag I mean with the anatomy and all, and usually during sex dreams. O_O I'm pretty gender neutral though so maybe that's why?