1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transvestite in Anxiety

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Metroboy, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Metroboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello m'friends.

Since i've been a little boy, i've known that I like wearing women's clothes. I never ever felt like I was in the wrong body when wearing mans clothes, or as if that being a girl was my true gender, but I like wearing women's clothing because I have a fetish for that kinda stuff.

Recently i've had a lot of worry and doubt in myself being a full blown MtF Transgender, because I don't honestly feel like it is who I am and I have no trouble with my genitals, however I do have very sexually intrusive thoughts and some weird dreams about cutting off my genitals etc. Anyways, I presume that all of this is just part of me being a transvestite and the confusion is coming along with it as my mind gets used to finally accepting that I am a transvestite.

I like playing football, I do manly stuff and I generally live a very happy male life. The anxiety keeps building up: "What if this is all just a cover?" or "What if I do turn out to be transgender?" even though I do not believe I am one. I have no problem with being a transsexual and would accept it with open arms if I believed it was true, but I genuinely don't. So I go and see my doctor and he says that you should try to relax because i'm in the early stages of Anxiety. Well, the summer holidays haven't helped because I have so much time on my hands.

Just a question out there to all of my neighbours who have discovered their true gender, Do I genuinely sound like I have Gender Dysphoria or am I just experiencing serious anxiety?

Sorry to be a pain, I intend to make some more helpful posts towards those other transvestites around here soon. :smilewave

2. DhammaGamer

What is your definition of transvestite? I've always considered that to be a derogatory term.

3. Metroboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wear womans clothing for sexual pleasure.

4. Just Jess

Hi Metroboy,

The term a lot of people under our transgender umbrella prefer is crossdresser. A reason is that transvestite is a word the medical community used to use to deny people medical help transitioning. Also a lot of us don't like "a transgender" any more than a lot of gay people like "there's a gay over there", it's a little dehumanizing.

Not trying to scare you off or make you feel like you're on eggshells or anything. We're really a laid back group here. I just wanted you to understand why you might be rubbing some people the wrong way.

As far as everything else, if you don't think transition is right for you, then it probably isn't. A lot of people transition is right for - myself included - had a hard time coming to terms with that. That's different from actually considering the idea with an open mind, like you seem to have done, and rejecting it.

If you change your mind, you change your mind. I'm 32 and there are women that start their transition later than me that look amazing and gave me so much hope when I was just starting out.

For me, it made all the pieces in my life make sense when I looked back at everything I was going through and realized I was never really a man to begin with, that it was a woman going through all those motions. And it was cathartic the first time I realized I was always a woman. From what you've said, I think you would take it a different way if someone told you you were.

Of course some of us figure this out about ourselves later on. It's just like being gay in that sense. Some of us always had a feeling and we fought it, some of us just figure it out later. Neither makes someone more trans or more gay. It's all about who you are now and what you want to do with your life now.

So that's my thoughts. The only person here who can tell anyone who you are is you. I can't tell you you are trans, and I can't tell you you aren't. But I can say that transition is something you'd have to really want, for it to be successful.

And actually, it sounds like you're telling us you're a crossdresser and not a transitioner.

Now as far as more flexible gender expression, I have some awesome male identified friends and I am so jealous of some of them on my best day. I got some awesome make-up tips from one of them :slight_smile: Their femininity seems to me to be like an art form, and some of them take it very seriously. A little bit of performance and presentation, a little bit of visual art, shape, light, shadow. It can be a lot of fun. And they remind me that being a girl can be fun. So I like to be around them when I'm down in the dumps and viewing this whole trans thing like a burden.

You don't have to transition if you just want to wear a skirt. They are awesome aren't they? It really sucks that we make it so hard for people, men and women, that they feel terrified all the time of doing anything unusual. When I first started dating I told my girlfriend I cross dressed. It's always a bigger deal in your mind than it is in reality.

And if you do change your mind some day in the future and decide you need to transition, then that's just what happens. You would transition. And then you would be a woman. No need to lose sleep over it; if you were in that boat, it would be what you wanted anyway.

5. Metroboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I realise now that some of the words may have been offensive, apologies I'm in rather a cynical mood. Anyways, yes Skirts are awesome! And i've never felt wrong expressing my feminine identity, and I'm relieved you agree with my brain that's saying I shouldn't transition.

I will add this all started after a stupid dream about Transitioning, one I have had only once before. I suppose being a crossdresser it can sometimes confuse your mind a little. Anyways i'm just going to allow these thoughts to go. I've had anxiety/intrusive thoughts before and I realise that after the holidays when I am back in a routine my life seems to swing into normality again.

Thanks a lot for helping me out, this is the only community I've found online where people are completely open. And i'm glad this thread has allowed me to get every thought off of my mind! I'm glad you agree with my mind telling me that I don't need to worry about transitioning, because the whole idea just doesn't appeal to me. I always fantasise of being a man in sexual fantasies, and obviously have various fantasies about dressing up as a woman.

In response to your male friends, luckily I have some great female friends who i know well who I regularly do gender-play with. One of which is a FtM Transvestite so we can take turns! Being young and only being about midway through puberty often makes us easily mistakable for either gender.

6. nasahi

I started crossdressing because I get sexual pleasure from dressing up as a (hot :slight_smile: ) woman, in sexy/fetish clothes: short skirts, heels, hosiery, etc. 99% of my dress-up sessions end with masturbation to orgasm. I do not feel any discord about my anatomy. I love many of the male-identified stuff: cars, motorcycles. I am hyper-competitive. But, I also love (and am very decent at!) cooking and sewing. For most of my life, I thought myself only a "fetishistic crossdresser", not a transgender person.

Then something happened. A lesbian on-line friend was "coaching" me on how to dress when going to a lesbian bar. Dress less like a "party girl" and more like a "normal woman" or "normal lesbian", she said. I dressed as a "normal woman" would: normal skirt length, not showing so much legs, not sky-high spike heels, etc. Lo and behold, I didn't feel sexually aroused. Instead, I felt this amazing feeling of happiness and tranquility!

As well, another GG on-line friend claims that women also feel turned on when wearing sexy clothes. That got me thinking, maybe my being turned on when crossdressing in sexy women's clothes is not "unusual" afterall. That, plus the new-found tranquility when dressed "normally" got me thinking maybe there is more going on in my head than I know. I started seeing a therapist who specializes in gender issues and am currently working with her to determine whether or not I should transition and live as a woman.

In response to your question, I'll give you the answer that my therapist gave me in our very first session: only you have the answer; nobody else knows how you feel. If possible, I suggest seeing a therapist. It helps tremendously to talk to someone who has experience in helping people to explore their own psyche, especially if the therapist is experienced with transgender issues. If it's not possible to seek therapy, there's always these forums!

I would start by not dwelling on labels: transvestite, crossdresser, transsexual, gender dysphoric, etc. They are few and will never be adequate to describe all seven billion people on this Earth. Concentrate on recognizing, identifying, and analyzing your own feelings and behavior.