1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM Pads/Period

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by secretguyX, Aug 29, 2013.

1. secretguyX

Okay so I'm going back to school as a guy this year. Which makes me nervous as hell. But anyways I'm going to keep pads in my backpack of course incase i get my period. The thing is my backpack has a front pocket, but I don't want to just have pads open in there. I was on Degrassi once that Adam kept his tampons in a little metal thing. I may use pads but I wanted to use something similar. Does anyone have any ideas?

Even better would be to find pads with less feminine wrapping. But I have no idea where I could find them/what company or anything.

2. Niko

What I do is I keep one in my back pocket. That one no one sees it and you don't need to rummage through your bag to grab one.

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah, I second this. Of course, I'm a tampon man myself (that's a phrase I never thought I'd use...). You know. Plug and forget it. All that jazz...

4. secretguyX

I guess that's pretty simple. I just wouldn't want it to fall out I guess in cargo shorts with buttons or whatever it'd be fine but what about jeans? Like if you sit does it slip out?

And I get that tampons are easier but I feel like I don't wanna but something in a part that I don't even want to have. I feel like it'd just make me feel worse.

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I'd imagine pads are fat enough that you'd be fine. Just make sure you don't pack in anything you take out frequently (like a phone).

And I get that. I just feel, personally, that having to see the blood's worse but to each his own. Either way... Just wish shark week didn't have to be more than a Discovery channel thing, you know?

6. Niko

Nope it doesn't. I wear men's skinny jeans most of the time and it doesn't budge. I've also done it with looser jeans and hasn't slipped out either. Since the pad is flat it's like putting a wallet in your pocket. Never done it with a tampon though because I'm the same way as you. I'd rather not put anything up there.

7. Ohhai

On eBay you can buy these little pad holders :slight_smile:

8. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

You can use an old wallet and just throw two or three in the pockets (where money would go) and stick it in your pocket. That way if it fell out you could just pick it up no issue, it's only a wallet to everyone else. Just make sure you have thinner pads if you can and this will only work if your flow isn't heavy to the point where you would need more than 2-3 pads during the course of a day. I def would recommend trying tampons though and putting them in a cigarette case (what Adam had) they are easier to hide then a square.

9. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a tampon guy too, I hate the feel of pads, buy the click kind of tampons because they're smaller and easier to hide. Cargo pants are great for this sort of thing, I shove them in the leg pockets and button them up and call it done. I've never had issues with dropping them or anything. I have a hard time keeping track of my cycle anyway, so the less fuss the better.

10. Hexagon

I don't think I can contribute to the discussion on periods any more than anyone else has, but could you not find a way of stopping your periods? I heard you can use the pill, though I never tried that, but better than that would be hormone blockers or hormones themselves.

11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe just an envelope or something? A couple of pads could easily fit in an envelope and it shouldn't look out of place in your bag.

12. Well I don't think you should let that issue concern you much its just a pad/tampon situation plus who will see it since you will be in a private cubical toilet.

I just put all my tampons and pads on the bottom of my bag I have with me on that day.

13. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Oh man. I myself have basically dreamed of a hysterectomy since way before I knew I was trans*.

So one question- how long on T does it take before shark week's gone for good?

14. Hexagon

Never had shark week. I don't know from personal experience. I was told you get between 0 and 2 periods after starting. If you get any, they'll be weak and short.

15. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Okay, so good. Now to get on T, eventually...

16. Hexagon

Just remember you can go on it before you leave home, if you can find a way to pay for it.

17. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm kind of afraid to ask, but I'm going to anyway...what's Shark Week?

18. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Still need to get around to seeing a therapist and obtain a way to pay for it, unfortunately. Haven't heard of any informed consent clinics in the area.

19. Ohhai

I'm assuming... Periods? Haha cx

20. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah. It's periods. Transguy thing. :grin: