1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's about time I post this...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Emulator, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Emulator

I've been harbouring thoughts about my gender identity since a couple of years back, but they're even stronger and more intense now. I think I sort of got it figured out, but I'm still not too sure.
    So, on with the story.

I do not really identify myself as any particular gender. There are times when I feel my actions tend to lean towards one, but more often not. In the first place my biological gender is an odd mix and I'm not really sure of it anymore. I don't exactly feel like I'm "trapped", but rather just unsure of what I am. If anyone has some advice, it would be great.

2. KelseyMS

If you're unsure of what you are, here's a question you should ask yourself: "Do I really have to be anything?" One of the major problems for people without a concrete gender identity is understanding that "male" and "female" are just words. We don't have to be one or the other. Heck, I like a lot of the physical aspects of being male, but prefer the emotional aspects of being female, as well as women's clothing. I've come to the conclusion that I really don't have to be one or the other. We're all human; what gender we identify as should be immaterial.

3. Nick07

Great answer, Kelsey.

4. Emulator

I don't, but society requires it, and I'm not sure what I should say if I don't even know it myself. Sometimes people need real answers, for example if it's for data collection, so if I tell them I imagine I will get disbelief. A lot to elaborate on, when all they're just looking for is a simple 'male' or 'female' answer. Then again, if I tell the truth about that, I'm not so sure if it's really the truth or not.