1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dream Concern

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Balloonwolf, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Balloonwolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A couple of weeks ago, I started having dreams that made me think more so on my gender-fluidity. Now, I've always loved swans. I find them beautiful, regal, and while I haven't seen the movie, I enjoy the tale of The Swan Princess. I was having an okay day, and after falling asleep, I had dreamt I myself turned into a swan princess, or at least a swan. I flew over a valley and back into lakes, and I slept on the edge of a lake under trees. Now, while this might not really be related to my gender (gender-fluidity with a personal lean towards MtF), I think it might have something to do with it, or it's at least something to bring up to the therapist. Any opinions? The only reason why I might be against telling her is because she states she doesn't see any issue with my gender asides I'm in a grey area.

2. transmako

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm new here, and I'm slowly getting into posting and commenting. I'm not sure if I could offer any opinions or especially advice, but I kind of feel the same with my dreams.

I have a tendency to have dreams where I'm a female and I'm with a guy, and these kind of dreams have been with me for near 10 years. I love the idea of them. Being the female I feel like I am inside a most of the time, but I always have the fear that being found out for being who I am would destroy my life. I consider going down the road, I want to go down the road of being a true MtF but I fear I do not know how, or what will happen if I do.

I find myself in a gray area of not knowing anything at this point..

3. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Dreams don's usually mean anything, but I don't see what harm it could do to mention it to your therapist. I've often dreamt that I was a girl (often the female virgin in a slasher flick). Doesn't say anything about my gender.