1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

therapy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ramona Flowers, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Ramona Flowers

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    so I have a therapist
    but I have problems talking to him
    and I dont really like him
    but I cant change therapist because my parents will not pay for another
    because they are really religious and believe we are sinning going down this path
    I am lucky to have been able to see one period
    but I need to start transitioning before I do something stupid to myself again
    and I feel like I will not be able to convince this therapist that I am transgender
    because I have a really hard time talking to guys
    especially when I have to open up to them
    and I dont remember much about my childhood
    which I am afraid it will be that much harder to convince my therapist that I am transgender
    if I dont start transitioning/HRT soon
    my parents will be beuring (spell check) their child soon
    please help me

2. Stephany

Take a breath. As stressful and confusing and frustrating life is right now for you, you don't want to die. You may feel like you do, because all of those feelings you have right now will be gone in an instant. But just imagine the things you want in life that you will miss out on. I attempted to take my life when I was 15 and again when I was 17. I failed, thank God. I have had so many amazing experiences that I would have missed. My dear friend, she succeeded in her attempt. She was an amazing, beautiful soul..but should couldn't see past the pain that was at that moment... Now she is cold in the ground. She never got to experience anything past that rope and that closet....no second chance for her... So please, when you start thinking death is the answer, start listing everything in your mind that you want out of LIFE. Death gives you nothing but silence... Life gives you so much more.

As for therapists, give this man a try. You might have to wait to transition until you are an adult, which may seem like forever and a day. Your parents won't have control over you forever, remember that.