1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wardrobe Malfunction

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ConfusedRunaway, Sep 7, 2013.

1. ConfusedRunaway

Man I post a lot, sorry, I am just so fed up with not passing. I don't have a binder yet, but I can make my chest pretty flat with some sports bras, my hair is no short and my bangs cover most of my face so they hide these darned big feminine eyes I have, the big problem isn't that really, it's my clothes. Now, because growing nobody stopped me from pigging out, I'm pretty chubby, but instead of it being in one place it has given me the worst curvy body ever. My waist is pretty small, and my legs and arms only need some toning, but my bottom half, good god, its torture. I have wide hips, a large behind, and big upper thighs, to top it all off I'm 5'1. I also have a bit of a tummy, but that is the least of my problems. I am currently working at losing weight to correct these problems, but I can't even go out to the shoppe without feeling completely insecure and almost running away whenever I get ma'amed or missed, my parents also calling me by birth name doesn't help-I haven't come out to them so I can't really blame them...I dress in black clothing, and they are usually baggy to try and hide my body. I can't wear guys straight jeans, they look awful, and I'm afraid of boys skinny jeans because I'm not sure if they'll fit like girls or not (I'll put up a picture of me, so you can be the judge). No plaid, it all makes me look butch and that is definitely not what I am goinf for, not that there is anything wrong with that, I wear oversized tees or jackets to try and hide my butt, but I just don't know what I can wear. I am going to lose the weight, I am almost on my second month on Insanity, but I just need passing tips for now. I hate going out in public because I always look like a tomboy, and I dread that word :bang: Could you help a dude out? Please?:help: Especially since I have to go to the mall tomorrow for a panel meeting with my friends that I can't get out of. Its just so tortuous. Thanks for reading.

-Kisa

2. Nick07

Hi,
    I think that you are doing great job and I don't see anything you could do on top of that. Darker colors and clothes (shirts, jackets) that will optically connect the shoulder with the hip without emphasizing the waist. No skinny jeans. Perhaps pinstripe shirts or something similar with vertical stripes. Not tucking your shirts in. Some material have natural stripes in it (like corduroy or cotton with special finish), you can experiment with that. Shirts with slits/vents on your sides. Not a baggy sweatshirt, but something like a cardigan - with buttons or a zip. Layering your clothes - like a shirt and a cardigan - you will get TWO vertical lines in the center of your body, it could make you look slimmer. Try V necks instead of rounded necks.

Try not to stress too much. You can't make so big changes overnight. If you own a girls clothing that makes you feel comfortable don't feel like you HAVE TO wear boyish clothes every day. Try gender neutral clothing.

Don't stress because you don't pass yet. Pick out clothes that make you feel comfortable. As you keep losing weight and get your silhouette more boyish, passing will become easier. It's a long time process.