1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is strange

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Sarcastic Luck, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Sarcastic Luck

I recently got put on norethindrone tablets and my dysphoria is just...Gone. So is the desire to be male. I mean, it's still there, but not as intense. it's really weird and a bit unsettling. I'm only four days in, so I don't know if I'm just really feeling good or if it's affecting me somehow.

Thoughts?

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

That is weird. You know, norenthindrone tends to be perscribed to people with PCOS- which is marked with higher levels of tetosterone. Worth looking into, I think.

3. Sarcastic Luck

I don't know. I looked into it a while back and discounted it as a cause for something else. I've never shown any signs of higher testosterone, at least, I don't think (very little acne and no male pattern hair growth). I'm also have normal levels of insulin, or obesity. I'm actually underweight.

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Hmm. Well, think this is definitely something to keep your eye on. Once you're off it, I imagine the dysphoria's going to come right back. Wonder- how exactly does norethinodene affect your estrogen/tetosterone levels?

5. Sarcastic Luck

I won't come off it. It's a 28 day pill with no breaks...With the benefits of potentially no shark week. It's a synthetic progesterone since we discovered that me and estrogen don't get along. Makes me more aggressive, I discovered.

6. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Hey, you know, as a transman, you've got a brain that works against the influx of estrogen. Having the wrong hormone really fucks with your emotions and mentality. So could that mean anything?

7. Sarcastic Luck

Could just be that the new med levels everything out.