1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the only transguy who feels this way?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MrSmooth, Sep 15, 2013.

1. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been getting targeted because I pefer not to date transwomen, I pefer natal women I just don't nderstand hy everyone gets so offended by it? I was never trying to be rude

2. SilverGirl

im not a transguy but that is very strange indeed, you should be able to date whomever you want or not and not be targeted at all, sexuality is complex and whom you date is your decision, not that of others

3. Niko

I guess to some people it might seem like you don't think Transwomen are women too. But hey everyone has their preferences, it doesn't make you a bad person or anything. Just ignore them if you can.

4. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

That's true

5. biggayguy

What do they do to target you?

6. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

That's also true

7. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You do realize that at one point you might not even know the difference?:icon_wink

8. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I never even knew this was such a thing, but then, I don't identify as transsexual and have little awareness of the issues within the community. If it's some sort of "obligation" between members of the TS community, it's probably a load of bull. You have the right to prefer whichever type of woman you want, and unless you're personally involved with the person targeting you, their opinion shouldn't matter at all.

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess it's just a preference thing. (shrug)

10. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Personally, I prefer not to date women. :icon_wink

I guess your statement could be read wrong - I understand you are expressing that you have a preference, but it could come off as "transwomen aren't real women".

I also have to agree with Boyfriend - with a lot of transitioned women, you might not know the difference.

11. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I used to feel the same way. But hey, even preferences can be blown up in your face. Found myself attracted to a number of transwomen.

If I may be honest, I tend to prefer men in general, both cis and trans*. And I don't find myself typically attracted to heterosexual women- I tend to prefer pan or bisexual partners. So we all have preferences, I suppose.

12. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

Well if you don't tell me your trans theirs gonna be a problem, That's not how I role I always tell women my situation

---------- Post added 16th Sep 2013 at 11:13 AM ----------

I also want biological kids, I'm sorry I can't do that not to be rude but, I love cis women, Without being explicit theirs also sex, I couldn't do that I'm sorry

13. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

...But if you judge a transwoman on her lack of being able to carry a child, where does that leave you as a transman?

14. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

How is that bad, Its not just that I don't wanna date another trans person period, I like cisgendered women, Why should it matter, I want a biological child what so that's a bad thing know, I don't date women who are taller than me because its intimidating is that bad to

---------- Post added 16th Sep 2013 at 11:41 AM ----------

Calling me shallow and transphobic because Of my preference you don't see me calling straight ciswomen that, It depends on the reasoning

15. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    About the not telling... so for you it´s once a man always a man? I don´t get that, I should think she would always have been a woman, just got a body that doesn´t fit the inside. But hey, I´m not trans, but I would think I would want to hide my past, after all if I would be trans I just would have adjusted my body at some point, not changed myself.
    I can see how a transman would have to tell, due to visible scarring here and there, but that´s not the same for females as far as I know.

And you realize there are women that can´t have children for various reasons?

Anyway, if you don´t want to date transwoman, that´s cool. No need to defend your choice, I would say.

16. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

No I see them as women I can't get past their body, Either way I don't want to date somebody else who is transitioning, Not my cup of tea, Either way she better tell me that's not cool to hide it I don't care if you pass, And I'm not dumb I know some women can't have children but God knows the desires of my heart so that was irrelavent to say

17. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not talking about transitioning, but someone who has already transitioned and therefor you won´t notice any difference with a natal woman.

As for having children: If it only were that easy that God provides what you wish for.

You do realize that you won´t be fathering the child? Some other guy will be involved, or at least his sperm.

Again, I don´t care about your choices, it´s not critique.

18. MrSmooth

MrSmooth Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people

Yea I will with God anything is possible, And again I still want biological kids, And some of them don't pass that well, Im just not into transwomen, I like Cis women